All member reviews for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1

Sexy honeymoon, disturbing pregnancy dominate latest movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written bykoahlaloverE-) December 12, 2011

wow amazing, best movie ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg best movie ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!had everything. drama,comedy,romance,horror wow omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i watched this with my bffs and most of my friends were screaming when jacob came out shirtless. im obviously team edward all the way...........eehhhh maybe a little with team jacob.the only thing that bothered me is that some young mother brought her 4 year olds to watch it.not appropriate for them at all. Ehh some scenes are innapropriate but i mean thats what your going to have to expect when the movie is mostly based on the honeymoon and pregnancy......great movie for 13 and up
Kid, 12 years old December 11, 2011

Talk

I don't think it's bad although it's kind of violent and kids should talk to their parents about if they're old enough to watch this movie and not take it seriously. I watched the first one but I am not really a fan...my parents let me watch it but I thought all the vapire thing was little creepy. On the other hand I think it's fun to watch and there's not really a lot of creepy stuff but I do recommand kids to talk to and ask their parents before watching^^
Teen, 15 years old Written bySarahsaurus December 11, 2011

Breaking Dawn 12+

I am 13, and I saw the movie and It was amazing! There was some sexual content but it is just sex, and at age 13 you should know what sex is. You do not see any thing besides There backs, shoulders...etc... For the violence, I mean it is a little scary, but not terrifying. Honestly I really think it is okay for kids 12+ (I promise my opinion is not biast being that I am 13)

Its Pretty Okay

Parent Written bybetsyboohoo December 10, 2011

12 +

well i think it is very reasonable for 12 and up even though there are some skin flashes it is highly reasonable for 12 year olds nothing is seen.
Kid, 11 years old December 10, 2011

Kids will probably have nightmares

The movie was very intense. Getting married was just the first step. Bella and Edward get married once Bella gets out of college. I don't think parents would be happy to know that. Then, they go on the honeymoon. Boy, those scenes were very intense. I couldn't help thinking why this movie was PG-13. Bella and Edward skinny dip, kiss on beds, and, oh yeah, have sex! Though nothing extreme was shown, skin was shown at various moments. Seeing Edward get on top of her must have been very awkward for girls who have never learned about things like that. What shocked me the most was how the producers made the birth scene too descriptive. You see Edward and Bella's baby, bloody. You see blood. Bella is screaming off the top of her lungs. It's just really inappropriate, but I was confident enough not to barf.

NEVER SEE IT

Its RUBBISH!!!!
Adult Written bycookiemonsterluvsu December 9, 2011

edwards face scares me

OK SO SENSE BELLA AND EDWARD GET MARRIED AND GO ON A HONEYMOON AND THERE IS A LITTLE BIT OF INNAPROPRIATE SCENES. WELL I BET YOUR HONEYMOON HAD SOME INNAPROPRIATE SCENES AND UR KIDS ARE GOING TO HAVE INNAPROPRAITE SCENES ON THEIR HONEYMONEY. SO TECHNACHLY THEIR JUST LEARNING SOMETHING. ok so i just wanna say that the only innapropriate and hirrifying and terrible part in this movie is that i had to sit through bout 3 hours of edwards face.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTwilightlover12 December 7, 2011

Exalent I loved it so great

Go TEAM EDWARD!!!! I think it is the best one yet ,but not for kids to under 11.
Parent of a 14 and 15 year old Written byfamillesalois December 7, 2011

teens, not for tweens

Good movie, mostly true to the book. The age restriction is mostly for the violence, a lot of blood, very graphic images. The sex scene is not explicit, although is not for tweens obviously, as the last book in itself, which dealt with a lot more mature subject.
Adult Written bybobff December 5, 2011

2 Thumbs Up

fun movie; as we frequently say: the willing suspension of disbelief makes this a winner. I want entertainment, not a lesson or a lecture from my films. I got plenty of those in parochial school as a child. Why do you think Science Fiction and Fantasy sell so well? We all need an escape from the dreariness of our lives. Have fun. I did not find much to be upset with in this film. Not much drinking, not much cussing. Not much sex at least explicitly. Much better than I expected.
Parent Written byrycoelma December 4, 2011

Great movie for adults but not for children

I think the biggest concerns I have as a parent is the physical relationship between Bella and Edward. They are married and I applaud their decision to wait to have sex but my children do not need to see when they finally do. Great movie for adults, not for children.
Kid, 12 years old December 4, 2011

TRUST EVER WORD I SAY............

I Absolutely LOVE The Twilight Saga and Ever Since The First One, In Got Less Scarier For Me Through New Moon And Eclipse. So When I Went To See Breaking Dawn With My Daddy, The Beginning Was Funny And Less Scary And I Liked It. I Also Had To Close My Eyes During The Sex Scene But I Was Fine With It. That's When I Was Surprised When Bella Looked Like She Was Aging Because Of Her Pregnancy. When I Saw Her Drink Blood, I Was Disgusted. That's When All Of A Sudden......... I COULDN'T FREAKIN FEEL MY LEGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT MOVIE WAS SCARY AS HELL!!!!!!!!! When Bella Had A C Section I Was Disgusted And I Felt Like I Was Going To Faint And I Did For 5 Minutes But No One Noticed!!!!!!! At The End, I Tried To Act Cool Like I Wasn't Scared Of It, But It Was Impossible Cause My Legs Were Shaking Rapidly And I Could Hardly Breathe!!!! To All Parents Out There, Do NOT Take Your Kid To See That Movie Unless They're 11 Or Older. PLEASE!!!!! And To All The Kids Under 10, TRUST ME! Do NOT In a Billion Years See That Movie!!!!!!! I Give The Movie 4 Stars Cause The Twilight Directors Did a Good Job For Saving The Scariest Part Of The Saga. And Because Of The ROB PATTINSON!!!! THE HOTTEST ACTOR EVER!!!!!!!!! But Not 5 Stars Cause I Was Really Scared And The Blood Looked Too Real! Needless To Say, It Was Very Predictable. Didn't See ANY Part Of The Movie Coming.
Adult Written byBillie Wiley December 4, 2011

I loved it.

I like the movie and it some part should not be seen be kid under 17.
Kid, 12 years old December 4, 2011

BREAKING DAWN!

OMG I LOVED BREAKING DAWN! It was sooo good. A little too sexual for anyone who is not mature enough.
Teen, 15 years old Written byantoineisthebest December 4, 2011

:) twilight suck

twilight suck
Teen, 14 years old Written byisooo December 4, 2011

cant wait!!!!!!

i really want to see it but i cant yet so cant wait to watch it
Parent Written bykatie2011 December 3, 2011

JUST seen it!!

WOW! It was terrific! And while there ARE a couple of sex scenes, it shows nothing more that arms, legs and stomach. However, there are quite a few scenes with quite a bit of blood in them, but it is not gory at all! I almost started crying two or three times throughout the movie Overall, DEFFINETLY top 5 in my ''Best movies in the world" list!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBook101Voter December 3, 2011

Not for young kids!

There isn't anything bad about twilight, but in this one it has a little too much smooching. It's a popular movie for 15 and up! But, it dosn't give you a positive message about marriage. 18 year old Bella got married to early, for my opinion. She just met the guy not too long ago! All I can say is that a lot of suprises happen!
Adult Written byweareone1 December 3, 2011

Definitely not for 14 year olds and under

I think the movie was really good, but I don't think children under 15 should go watch it. The love scenes weren't terribly bad, but they aren't appropriate for children to see. Over all good movie with a good meaning.