All member reviews for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 2

Final Twilight focuses on Edward and Bella's legacy.

Parent of a 10 and 14 year old Written bymorfin November 25, 2012

Bella empowered, vampires lose their heads en masse...

Firstly, I must admit, I've seen all of the movies with my teenaged son, but I am not a fan. At all. I think this one was probably the best, as Bella is finally a vampire and not some whiny, helpless, stupid human girl. I much prefer her as a cold, bloodless creature. In any case, I had to write the review to try to talk some sense in to parents. I don't care how big a fan you are of the series, please practice some responsible parenting and do not bring your young children to this movie. My sold out movie theater had so many little kids in it, it infuriated me. Are you kidding me?! There are so many heads being (literally) thrown around in the extended battle scene, it shocked me. Just because it's devoid of blood spurting doesn't mean your kids should see decapitations galore. Also, as mentioned in the Common Sense recap, there is a really creepy, bloody, disturbing scene that gives the background information as to why little vampire children cannot exist in their world. NO kid under 13 should be watching that.
Kid, 12 years old November 17, 2012

Must see

Teen, 13 years old Written byirishmb June 27, 2013

what age is okay

well i think that it should be for teens it has a few mature themes so you need to know what your kid knows in mature topics and a bit on the langueg
Teen, 14 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow April 21, 2013

average

average
Kid, 11 years old March 28, 2013

Who like this?

Lame,lame,LAME! Oh,gosh. They have really messed up. Incredibly stupid. End.
Educator and Parent of a 12, 14, and 15 year old Written byVampireLips January 2, 2013

It's relatively good! :)

Very voilent for the twilight series, but other than that its pretty good. A small sex scene, and a bit of swearing nothing significant
Teen, 13 years old Written byderpcakes45 December 29, 2012

Perfect ending

This was the best movie out of the whole series. There was way more violence and way, way. way more sex in this one. Edward literally rips Bella's clothes off every chance he gets. A few people get there heads literally torn off. Bella and Edward are great parents to Renesmee.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGabix13 December 13, 2012

Unnecessary Violence

Great movie with lots of twists and turns. The final battle is epic but gory 17 heads are ripped off *spoiler* when Carlisles head was ripped off by Ari, he is seen holding the severed head by the hair which is very graphic, a head is torn of splitting down the cheeks until it was ripped off. Seth, Aro, Carlisle and Jaspers deaths are all disturbing and too graphic. A baby vampire is also killed. There are unnecessary amounts off violence but over all good film
Parent of a 11 year old Written byMy two cents November 25, 2012

Ok for some kids under 13

I took 10 & 11 year olds who has seen the previous Twilight movies. It really wasn't that bad. Yes, there is violence, but they cut away from the scenes pretty quickly and show very little gore, plus there are many more positive messages and images in this beautiful film. If your child has scene the other Twilights, Lord of the Rings, or other intense movies, s/he should be absolutely fine with this movie, with an adult.
Parent Written byShivom Oza November 21, 2012

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 (2012) Review by Shivom Oza – Curtain Call For The ‘Twilight’ Series!

The film is the final instalment of the big-screen adaptations of Stephanie Meyer’s much-talked about Twilight series. This film is based on the novel Breaking Dawn. The second part of a two-part film forms the fifth film in the series The Twilight Saga, and is the conclusion of the 2011 film ‘The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1’. Following the birth of Renesmee (Mackenzie Foy), the Cullens bring together other vampire clans to protect their child from a false allegation that pits the family against the mighty Volturi. Having no iota of an idea about what really happens in the popular Twilight series or the preceding films in the franchise, this film will be looked upon in isolation. So, the film does manage to get a first-time viewer on the edge of his/her seat on more than a few occasions. There are, without doubt, quite a few moments of unintentional hilarity in the first-half. Sometimes it’s the inane dialogue, quite often the sheer lack of acting talent found in the lead pair, Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart. The duo shares a good chemistry (on screen!) with each other but when it comes to the other sequences in the film, Hamming is the apt word. Taylor Lautner, who plays Jacob, cuts across as quite a charmer on screen, and his self-deprecating humour, does manage to bring out the guffaws. Michael Sheen (what on Earth is he doing acting in such films?) is of course, brilliant as Aro (one of the Volturi leaders). The film has deviated from the book in the second half (where they pretty much change the entire sequence of events). While it is being assumed that most readers are well aware of the story, to put it in a nutshell, Bella (Kristen Stewart) has been brought back from near-death by Edward (Robert Pattinson) and the couple intend to start afresh following the birth of their daughter, Renesmee. Now, Irina, a member of the Denali coven, informs the Volturi that Renesmee was a human before she was bitten and transformed into a vampire. Irina does this after witnessing just one incident, and makes a false assumption. The Volturi clan is enraged at the Cullens for breaking the vampire law. To prove Renesmee is not an immortal child, the Cullens gather foreign vampire clans, including the Denali, the Amazonian, the Egyptian, the Irish, and Romanian covens, and also European and American nomads, to stand as their witnesses to the Volturi. The film takes quite a big deviation during the second half during the confrontational scene between the Volturi and those protecting Renesmee. Alice Cullen (Ashley Greene) plays a crucial part towards the climactic portions of the film. The end, as we know it, brings peace to the vampire world as well as us, mere mortals. The fans may find this film a bit underwhelming. However, as a first-time viewer, one does not find the film bad at all. Yes, the special effects are horrendous, the comic sequences are sleep-inducting (the rest of the film covers up by bringing up several moments of unintentional laughter). The opening and the closing credits, in particular, are very impressive. The closing credits pack in all the characters from the previous ‘Twilight’ films, backed up with fine music by Carter Burwell. The werewolves are confined to histrionics and luckily, no lines are given to them in this film. The special effects, in totality don’t quite make the cut. Considering, the films have grossed millions of dollars over the last few years, a little more generosity towards visual effects could have done the trick. Director Bill Condon manages to bring in some subtlety in the film, yet the entire saga itself is so marred by eccentricities that it is difficult to make any scene looks ‘serious’. The film is worth a watch, if you’re a fan and have been following the novels/movies or both until now. Even if you haven’t been mildly acquainted with the ‘Twilight’ series, don’t think it may seem a waste of time or money. The second-half more than makes up for the inconsistencies in the first half. While the film franchise was never considered a masterpiece, it has managed to create quite a humungous fan base for itself. Works for most, so there ought to be something ‘acceptable’ about it. The film is not deplorable by any stretch of imagination. Fans may find it a bit underwhelming (as deduced by hearsay). To sum it up, the film is worth a single viewing. Shivom Oza
Adult Written byjoshua martinez November 20, 2012

14 and up.

this final twilight movie The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 2 is a good movie but could have been better this final twilight movie is best for your older teens that are fans of twilight and parents you need to know that this final twilight movie has a lot of intense violence then the other twilight movies filled with decapitation body's being burn and more there are some some sensuality and partial nudity shown and there's a few mild language used the message in this movie is about fulfilling your personal destiny and the importance of family and friendship and the role models are that Bella finally comes into her own and no longer relies on the Cullens to defend her. Her special defensive skills allow her to shield herself and those she loves from other vampires' offensive tactics. The Cullens are once again exceptionally generous and kind. Charlie Swan is a patient, understanding father who's willing to accept Bella as she is, even though he knows something is really odd about her. Parenthood changes Bella and Edward, who finally have someone other than each other to focus on and protect. Jacob is loyal to a fault.
Parent of a 10 and 14 year old Written byAmira1976 November 16, 2012

Best Twilight Movie Ever

Although this movie did contain more violence and gore than any of the other parts, I can say with 100% assurance that it was way the best of them all. The actors played better than ever, there were much more jokes and funny elements as well as more excitement too. However, there is a twist in the end, which was quite a bit of a shock for both me and my kids, and which I think parents had better know in advance. Unfortunately, I didn't know about it because in my country the premiere was earlier than in the USA and no-one had written a review about it before we went.:(. And here comes the spoiler or the warning for other parents: before the great battle between the Volturi and the good vampires (the Cullens and the rest, their witnesses) Alice shows the future to Aro. However, when you watch this part in the cinema, you believe that it is reality and actually happening. So when Carlisle decides to fight Aro in close combat, it comes as a shock when Aro wins and shows up Carlisle's torn- off head to the others. After this scene comes the fiercest and most spectacular battle ever and several of our beloved heroes seem to die: Jasper, some of the wolves along with Jane from the Volturi and in the very end: Aro. This is the point when the director lets us realise all those horrible events were to come only if Aro lets them, or rather, unless he prevents them. Of course he doesn't want to die so he makes the right decision,just like in the book. At this moment there was a great uproar in the cinema, the whole audience shouted with relief. However, my son was so shocked that he could hardly help crying and even hours later he was under the effect of it. I wish I had known about this twist earlier, because the book was much more peaceful. As for the sex scenes: I really wouldn't worry. Nothing is shown and Bella and Edward's love is depicted beautifully. The end is cathartic and I truly believe this movie is well worth watching it. Congrats to all the actors and makers for doing so great.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylilyxx July 13, 2016

ages 12+

Parent Written byCupcakesRock February 15, 2016

This movie was epic!

Honestly, it wasn't too bad. It had some sex and had lots of ripping off heads and arms, but if your kid can handle lots of violence, then let them watch this movie! Just make sure that they turn away at the sex.
Kid, 11 years old August 22, 2015

The Best Finale Ever!!!!!!

It was the best movie i've ever seen. It has more violence than the other Twilight movies and has an awesome battle scene! I would not suggest for children under 11 that aren't mature.
Kid, 8 years old June 22, 2015

Very bloody, thriller has gore, language, and strong racy content.

My rating:R for sequences of strong bloody fantasy violence, disturbing images, language, brief partial nudity, and racy content.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykitty47 June 3, 2015

Great series!

Teen, 16 years old Written byHiggsBoson7 May 27, 2015

Goodishhh

Bella does look better in this movie and can finally do a little more than whine. There is some sexual scenes kissing, partial nudity and panting. Violent, yes, the most violent out of all of them. Blood, burning vampires and ripping off of the heads. Bella is portrayed way sexier in this film with her slim dresses:/
Kid, 12 years old November 9, 2014

Spoiler Alert!

Bella is now a vampire! She is less dependant on Edward and is way cooler! This is always the movie where everything comes together since its the last of the saga. Bella's vampire daughter, Renesmé, is growing fast and is no longer CGI! She has incredible powers and we find out that Jacob has imprinted on her! The end battle might be traumatizing to sensitive crowds and many beloved characters die... or so you think!
Kid, 12 years old October 8, 2014