All member reviews for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 2

Final Twilight focuses on Edward and Bella's legacy.

Teen, 14 years old Written byLautnerFan November 19, 2012

One of the best movies of the saga!!

I am a HUGE twi-hard, and I saw this movie today. It was soooo good, but I was very sad when it was over because that means that the saga is over :( in my opinion, this movie would be appropriate for all ages if it weren't for the sex, violence, and language (very mild). It had a large twist that will even have people that have read the book on the edge of their seats. I would recommend this movie for anyone who likes drama or Taylor Lautner ;D hope this review helped :D
Kid, 10 years old November 19, 2012

Going out with a bang

always read the books before I see the movies. I just prefer to have sort of idea of what I am getting myself into. I loved the Twilight Saga. The books were very well written and enjoyable for any age. Then the first movie came out. I agree with anyone who complains about Kristen Stewart's acting. She IS terrible. She acts like she is trying to force everything out of her mouth. The acting from everyone in the first couple of movies was pretty blah. Come Eclipse and Breaking Dawn 1, things were getting better, with the exception of Kristen. I wasn't expecting much from this movie. I had been told that they had pretty much re-written 1/3 of the book, but as is tradition for me, I had my ticket for the 10pm showing on 11/15. I was in love with the movie. Even Kristen Stewart had improved with her looks and acting. She still wasn't great with her acting, but it was better than before. The casting was great. However, the character of Alistair wasn't how the book portrayed him and that was disappointing. Lee Pace as Garrett is by far my favorite casting. Talk about Hort!!! McKenzie Foy playing Renesmee was so great. She is a beautiful, talented little girl and has a very bright future ahead of her. Now, I will admit, I was ready to walk out of the movie when the fight scene started. The moment Carlisle was killed, I wanted to run. I couldn't believe that they had changed the book that much. That was going overboard. In the back of my mind though, I had a feeling that it was all a ruse. The director sure did a fantastic job sending the saga out with a bang. I have already seen it twice and can't wait to see it again and again and again.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymrlucien November 18, 2012

A Decent Ending to the Excellent Series

Bella really comes into her own as an independent woman in this film. As she is now a beautiful vampire, she no longer relies on her male friends for protection. There is one scene of sex, which isn't as explicit as the sex in Breaking Dawn Part 1. There are many deaths and heads being ripped off in the battle but, [SUPER SPOILER ALERT!!!!!] the battle turns out to be imaginary.
Teen, 13 years old Written byandreslabro November 17, 2012

forever

it shows that marriage and being a parent is a big compromise and its forever till dead and that violence dosen't get to anything -good
Kid, 12 years old November 17, 2012

Amazing Final Installment to an Epic Saga!

The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Part 2, in my opinion, is the best Twilight movie out of all in the saga. Not too much language in this final installment; but there is some sexual content, a couple romantic scenes between Edward and Bella, and a few passionate kisses throughout the movie. There's an epic battle sequence with lots of lives lost and violence such as decapitations, burning, kicking, punching, etc., but nothing too graphic or gory. It has a great ending though, what with the surprise twist. Breaking Dawn Part 2 ended the saga amazingly and the Twilight Saga will always live on in our hearts!
Teen, 14 years old Written byBooks rule November 17, 2012

Wow!

The finale was really good. There was twist at the end that I didn't see coming. Also at the end they show all the characters that had a part in all five movies. I liked how they did that. A bit confusing at some parts, but in the end you will most likely have your questions answered.
Teen, 13 years old Written byK bug November 17, 2012

GO SEE IT!!!!

AMAZING! WOW!!! GO SEE IT!!!! People say that a bunch of people die but nobody does, they just dont get the twist in the end. BEST BY FAR!!!! GO SEE IT!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byRango813 November 17, 2012

I loved it, but very violent!

I absolutely loved this movie! I saw it at the 10:00 showing with the other girl that commented about that. It was so good! The beginning was really cool, and so was seeing Bella hunting and all of that stuff. But the part that stood out to me most was the battle. *SPOILER ALERT* It was EXTREMELY violent and made my stomach churn. There's no blood or anything, but so many of your favorite characters die in it and it makes you feel sick. First, Carlisle dies, and that image is stuck in my head (Aro is holding something, the camera pans down and it's Carlisle's head with a distorted expression.) Chaos and many, MANY decapitations ensue. Carlisle, Jasper, Aro, Jane, Marcus, Caius, and Demetri all die, but I may have left some out. The battle is probably the most visceral and graphic battle I've ever seen in Twilight. The worst part was looking at the screen and seeing your favorites die (Edward almost dies, which I was screaming about (Team Edward/Renesmee)). Luckily, it turns out to be a vision of Alice's.*END OF SPOILER* The only other bad part was the sex. It's way worse in this one than in Part 1 (to me). No nudity, though. It's only in one scene, but still. For Team Jacob: Jacob takes off his shirt and strips to his underwear (so many people started screaming in my theater), which is really funny because it's in front of Charlie. In fact, Jacob gets most of the funny lines in this movie.. Anywho, this movie was AMAZING. The battle just drives it all home, even my friend and I were screaming THIS IS NOT IN THE BOOK!!! So yeah, thats the movie and I hope you love it. Good luck :D
Adult Written bysupermomof3 November 17, 2012

Inappropriate For Kids!

I've read all of the books and seen all of the movies, and this one is the best by far. I must say the books are SO much better than the movies! However, I would NEVER allow my children to read the books OR watch the movies because of the violence and the sexual content. I understand and appreciate that "Edward" and "Bella" saved themselves for marriage, but having those scenes in the movies are inappropriate for ANY kid to watch, much less read about it in detail in a book.
Parent Written byJax_Mom November 16, 2012

Rampant Consumerism

The review suggests that consumerism is not a real issue in the Twilight Series. The entire series is full of consumerism, the books AND the movies. There is a focus on wealth accumulation by the Cullen family. There is a consistent mention of the expensive luxury and sports cars that are driven, the homes, the clothes, the jewelry, the gadgets, and exotic travel that the Cullens enjoy. All of the vampires' wealth is juxtaposed with the human's simple belongings, homes, and vehicles. Although I enjoyed the seriesI do not feel the consumerism message is positive, especially the way it ties to the good vs. evil themes in the series, and obvious fact that Bella relies on the Cullens' accumulated wealth & financial means to enjoy those same things. It would however make a good topic for an age-appropriate discussion with your child.
Parent of a 10 and 14 year old Written byAmira1976 November 16, 2012

Best Twilight Movie Ever

Although this movie did contain more violence and gore than any of the other parts, I can say with 100% assurance that it was way the best of them all. The actors played better than ever, there were much more jokes and funny elements as well as more excitement too. However, there is a twist in the end, which was quite a bit of a shock for both me and my kids, and which I think parents had better know in advance. Unfortunately, I didn't know about it because in my country the premiere was earlier than in the USA and no-one had written a review about it before we went.:(. And here comes the spoiler or the warning for other parents: before the great battle between the Volturi and the good vampires (the Cullens and the rest, their witnesses) Alice shows the future to Aro. However, when you watch this part in the cinema, you believe that it is reality and actually happening. So when Carlisle decides to fight Aro in close combat, it comes as a shock when Aro wins and shows up Carlisle's torn- off head to the others. After this scene comes the fiercest and most spectacular battle ever and several of our beloved heroes seem to die: Jasper, some of the wolves along with Jane from the Volturi and in the very end: Aro. This is the point when the director lets us realise all those horrible events were to come only if Aro lets them, or rather, unless he prevents them. Of course he doesn't want to die so he makes the right decision,just like in the book. At this moment there was a great uproar in the cinema, the whole audience shouted with relief. However, my son was so shocked that he could hardly help crying and even hours later he was under the effect of it. I wish I had known about this twist earlier, because the book was much more peaceful. As for the sex scenes: I really wouldn't worry. Nothing is shown and Bella and Edward's love is depicted beautifully. The end is cathartic and I truly believe this movie is well worth watching it. Congrats to all the actors and makers for doing so great.