All member reviews for The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Third Twilight movie has more drama, violence.

Adult Written byrandomposter June 7, 2010

Bella is a TERRIBLE role model

Ok, I've read all 4 of the Twilight Saga books, and seen the other 2 movies. All I can say is that this series makes young girls obsess over fictional characters. The books are pieces of crap and are poorly written , which translates to the movies with it's bad acting and stupid plot points. This series has a "role model" who is a young female with no ambitions in life and no desires to do anything, or even go to college, but as long as she has men throwing themselves at her she'll be happy. She's in an abusive relationship with Edward. He is entirely to controlling, and she puts herself in danger for him. Jacob can be a jerk too. It's so stupid and gives a bad message to young girls that all they need in their lives is a man and makes them care too much about finding love too young.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhulagal April 17, 2010

Off for 8 and under. Iffy for 9-10.

The book was amazing. Thereare some iffy parts, like when Bella wants to have sex with Edward, but he won't let her. Victoria wants to kill Bella, but they end up killing Victoria. Overall... 13+ is my advice. As I say "If you think it's too inapropriate or too violent, then you are not mentaly and emotionally ready for this content."
Teen, 13 years old Written bycenterforward48170 November 21, 2010

Good movie, but take bella out

The best of all twilight movie. But Bella is not a good role model. The cullen family is but not bella. She'll do anything to be with edward (who isnt even hot).
Parent of a 9, 10, and 11 year old Written byBingip December 5, 2010

11 and up, I learned a lesson

I took my 11 and 10 year old to see this and ( this is bad parenting but alshe was crying) I took my 9 year old. I thought it may not be that bad. I had to cover the eyes of my 9 year old for the battle scene, the volturi scene, the kissing scene( both 9 and 10) and some ear covering because my 11 year old is the only one that knows what sex is. After the movie my 9 year old started to act inappropriate. She said she was going to have sex with a vampire ( she doesn't know what it is) and get married to this week. My 10 and 9 year old had nightmares but my 11 year old was trying to sleep with their screaming. Take the older kids 11 and up but the little kids under should bake cookies or something with their auntie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybookworm01 July 15, 2010

if you're pg-13

appropriate for anyone who can watch pg-13 movies. i saw it and i loved it. the make-out was awkward. but loved the humor the peppered on this one!
Parent of a 7, 11, and 13 year old Written bySADC July 6, 2010

A Couple of Problems, but Overall Really Good

This movie has some pretty violent stuff, but if your child is not overly sensitive, it should not be a problem. There is one scene of HEAVY kissing that may make some parents uncomfortable, too. Overall, however, this is a really entertaining movie. It is the best of the three.
Parent of a 9, 12, 13, 16, and 18 year old Written byMovieadviceguru July 4, 2010

Great for Tween-Adults. Fans of the Books Will be Pleased.

As a fan of the books I had to go see the movie. This being my favorite book, I had high hopes for the movie. I wasn't disappointed. It's the best one yet! If you've read the books you know, each one goes up a notch on the sex/nudity, and the violence/gore. It's not too bad though, it fits the PG-13 rating well. The only violence is really at the end, during the breif battle scene, which lasts for only about ten minutes. You see a few vampires riped apart, others you don't see. But they're vampires, so you see no blood or gore, they look like ice or glass when they break. During the movie a few breif times you see the other vampires (The army) feeding on humans. (You see no blood, just them leaning down towards the necks) Edward and Bella share a few passonate kisses. Jacob kisses Bella, but she pulls away and punches his face, breaking her hand. And Bella attempts to suduce Edward and trys to talk him into having sex with her. He agrees, but not for that night. Jacob is, of course, for the entire movie practically, shirtless. And he warms Bella with his body. There are a few innuendos as well. It was overall a really great movie, worth your money, and worth going to see it in the theater! I would go see it again! It's the best movie of the series, and of the summer so far in my opinion! I loved it, and if you've read the books there isn't anything there to surprise you. If you would let your kids read the books, then let them watch the movie, because approriate wise, they are the same.
Kid, 12 years old December 10, 2010

AMAZING!!

OMG! LOVE THE TWILIGHT SAGA! I saw this movie at the midnight premere- you do not know how long it took me to convince my parents into letting me go- and it was the best! Melissa Rosenberg- scriptwriter- shows Stephenie Meyer's passion about these books into the movie! No language except for some d-word and h-word. I really don't think any consumeriam is in it, unless you know alot about cars. Heads being ripped off, but it is ice-cubed( no blood internal anything). A lot of sensuality, but to real sexual content. Bella wants to discuss having sex with Edward before she gets turned. But there is a flashback of Rosalie being gang raped. It is implied, not shown. Overall, it is a good movie. And like all the rest- JACOB IS HOT!! Katherine- peace
Kid, 10 years old October 30, 2010

I didnt get the rating when it said SOME SENUALITY umm they almost have sex they are seen rolling aroung in a bet his shirt buttoned down and her fully clothed but i mean SOME and it is a bit violent to but no blood since after vampires die they just break and nothing comes out, but overall i loved the movie
Adult Written bylovingwifeandmom July 25, 2010

Really written for adults.

There is no doubt that these books and movies and very well written with a good plot. However, there are some extrememly lustful/passionate scenes that are inappropriate for younger teens. I am really unsure of how they will be able to keep the last movie (Breaking Dawn) within a PG-13 rating. Although the language was very mild, there was some very dark violence, more than the first two movies. Bella and Edward have a very committed relationship, almost to the point of obsessive. I still am concerned how the movies portray vampires as "beautiful and perfect" which could give people a skewd view of self-worth and body image. Again, I loved the books and have loved the movies, however, as a parent/adult, I feel it is not fully appropriate for young children and tweens.
Parent of a 19 year old Written byJude431965 July 15, 2010

We loved it!!!!
Adult Written bydylandog July 8, 2010

I did not want Bree Tanner to die! :(

I just saw the movie last night I think it was the best Twlight movie because there was funny parts, action, and It was just a blast. Taylor L. was okay in this movie thou.
Kid, 12 years old July 7, 2010

Great for Tweens and above, but younger kids should not be watching it

It was a great movie for all Twilight fans, but there where some parts where I covered my younger sister's eyes. For example, Charlie tries to have the 'talk' with Bella and Bella also tries to take her and Edward's clothes off while kissing him in bed. I would definitely recommend it, though, there's no doubt about it.It was very funny and the scene in the tent was great. It was by far the greatest movie in the Twilight Saga, so far. Enjoy the movie!
Parent of a 3, 6, 9, and 12 year old Written byMidnightMom June 30, 2010

Uneasy about letting my younger kids watch this one! But I loved it!

I am a twilight mom. My kids saw the first two with no issues or concerns and they know the entire story and are very familiar with the whole world and they aren't afraid of any aspect of it. But while I watched this movie, I grew very uneasy about my kids watching it. I was sure that it would be fine because I know what happens, but there was a ton more violence in it than the others and even though there is no blood, there is ripping off of limbs, bashing of heads in, although the heads crumble like concrete or plaster would. Lots of broken heads be ready for! Wolves eat vampires and bite them on neck and head and its pretty crazy at times. There are also scenes of the newborns feeding on humans who are screaming and you see them bite their necks. It is a huge jump from the much tamer new moon. I have a 6, 9, and 12 year old who are dying to see it. I am not sure if the 6 and 9 year old are ok to see it. The 12 will be fine. I was also uneasy about a few scenes that bella and edward and also bella and charlie talk about "physical intimacy" and talk about being a virgin. There is making out where taking your clothes off is mentioned, and losing your virtue... So, while that may go over my 6 year olds head or I can cover up some pairs of eyes, words are mentioned that my 9 year old might be interested in going home to google.:) I am unsure at this time about whether I will be taking my two younger kids...my 3 yr old has even see both twilight and new moon without worry, but he definitely wont be watching it. It was 4 times as good as New Moon though, to me, but I still love the fluff and sweetness that Twilight has. More men and boys will like this movie than the prior two.
Kid, 12 years old November 6, 2014

Way Better than the First and Second Movies

I am not the biggest fan of Twilight and I was pretty disappointed with the first two movies, but this third one is much better! I know some of you are expecting a really horrible movie, but it's actually not that bad! Plus there is a cool fight with werewolfs and vampires, although pretty violent! There is also some awkard, sexual scenes, but nothing too bad! This is also the movie where Bella really has to make a choice between Edward and Jacob!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymarleyquenten September 18, 2014

my favorite

this movie to me is the best out of the five. however there are some talks about sex (one of which is by edward and bella while laying in bed) and there are several gory scenes. but all in all children under 13 shouldn't watch this unless some parts are skipped.
Teen, 13 years old Written byllizz April 2, 2014

the fight is good
Kid, 9 years old March 23, 2014

great movie but inappropriate

i thought this movie was amazing including the other movies to this series. Even though this movie series was great it isn't appropriate for younger children.
Kid, 12 years old February 17, 2014

Well....

Violent, but hardly any blood. Boys are seen shirtless, passionately kissing in bed, intense making out scene, may be a little disturbing.....
Kid, 11 years old February 7, 2014