All member reviews for The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Third Twilight movie has more drama, violence.

Adult Written byrandomposter June 7, 2010

Bella is a TERRIBLE role model

Ok, I've read all 4 of the Twilight Saga books, and seen the other 2 movies. All I can say is that this series makes young girls obsess over fictional characters. The books are pieces of crap and are poorly written , which translates to the movies with it's bad acting and stupid plot points. This series has a "role model" who is a young female with no ambitions in life and no desires to do anything, or even go to college, but as long as she has men throwing themselves at her she'll be happy. She's in an abusive relationship with Edward. He is entirely to controlling, and she puts herself in danger for him. Jacob can be a jerk too. It's so stupid and gives a bad message to young girls that all they need in their lives is a man and makes them care too much about finding love too young.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycenterforward48170 November 21, 2010

Good movie, but take bella out

The best of all twilight movie. But Bella is not a good role model. The cullen family is but not bella. She'll do anything to be with edward (who isnt even hot).
Teen, 13 years old Written byhulagal April 17, 2010

Off for 8 and under. Iffy for 9-10.

The book was amazing. Thereare some iffy parts, like when Bella wants to have sex with Edward, but he won't let her. Victoria wants to kill Bella, but they end up killing Victoria. Overall... 13+ is my advice. As I say "If you think it's too inapropriate or too violent, then you are not mentaly and emotionally ready for this content."
Kid, 12 years old November 26, 2010

I loved the movies so much and seen all of them and I do think there is to much kissing and violent things but it is really cool and the must intertsing thing is that I can't wait till the new movie Breakig Dawn 8)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this one is the going to be the best yet
Teen, 13 years old Written bybookworm01 July 15, 2010

if you're pg-13

appropriate for anyone who can watch pg-13 movies. i saw it and i loved it. the make-out was awkward. but loved the humor the peppered on this one!
Kid, 9 years old August 25, 2010

Good but a little inapropriate

I loved this movie but, in this movie, Bella goes WAY too far with sex! It is also pretty violent during the end of the movie. But I still LOVED this movie SO MUCH and I think it was REALLY nice how Edward and Jacob tried to get along to team up to save Bella. I think you should absolutely see this movie. And if you're 10, see it if you know you can understand love.
Kid, 12 years old December 10, 2010

AMAZING!!

OMG! LOVE THE TWILIGHT SAGA! I saw this movie at the midnight premere- you do not know how long it took me to convince my parents into letting me go- and it was the best! Melissa Rosenberg- scriptwriter- shows Stephenie Meyer's passion about these books into the movie! No language except for some d-word and h-word. I really don't think any consumeriam is in it, unless you know alot about cars. Heads being ripped off, but it is ice-cubed( no blood internal anything). A lot of sensuality, but to real sexual content. Bella wants to discuss having sex with Edward before she gets turned. But there is a flashback of Rosalie being gang raped. It is implied, not shown. Overall, it is a good movie. And like all the rest- JACOB IS HOT!! Katherine- peace
Parent of a 7 year old Written byFrogs Mom July 2, 2010

Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

I'm a big fan of this saga and this latest movie did not disappoint and is definitely the best of the 3 so far. I do have concerns about the messages about relationships for pre-teen and even teenage girls who see that for "the" guy the heroine gives up friends, family and even her life. There is the sneaking-around-behind-dad's-back aspect as Edward is a frequent, if not constant, overnight guest in Bella's bed. Less of this is shown in the movie than the books but it is still there. There is open dialogue about having sex and when, i.e. waiting or not. It's scary that this obsessive, addictive relationship is what we are showing kids is the epitomy of romance. It's one thing for adult enjoyment but for younger viewers requires a lot of parent conversation to right some misperceptions of romantic love portrayed here.
Adult Written byXanadu84 March 18, 2010

Dig a little deeper parents, it might not be so safe...

Twilight is a bit of a sleeper problem. On one hand, its hard to point to specific, traditional problems that media might have, I.E. Violence, blood, gore, sex, etc. The quality of writing also clearly skews the entire series towards the, "Guilty pleasure" end of the spectrum, trying to be a fun, cheesy, escapist romance. Certainly I won't judge anyone for enjoying this guilty pleasure. The problem this franchise presents is 2 pronged: first from the subtle messages, and the second from the fan community. First, it's worth looking at the message. Certainly there isn't anything to point to that is outright bad on its own, but the far more meaningful, instructive message underneath needs to be addressed. It's far to easy to look at Twilight as an instruction manual for an abusive, codependent relationship. Note how Bella, as a character, seems to have absolutely no personality outside of being defined by the guy she likes. The guy also comes across as a bit of a creepy, controlling stalker. A lot of the tense, dramatic moments fueled by the condition of Edwards vampirism can easily be taken by younger children as a justification for situations where someone needs to call the cops. If a child is at all likely to model there views of relationships off of what they read, then seriously consider not allowing access to this, or at least having a serious talk about the separation of reality and fantasy. The second issue, and perhaps a slightly unfair one, is the fan community. Certainly there are plenty of normal Twilight fans, and most popular intellectual properties have a seedy underbelly. However, Twilight's bears particular concern. A cursory Google search will be filled with disturbing instances, up to and including acts of vandalism, assault, and threats, all based on opinions regarding the book or the characters. Even the Actor who plays the male lead has stated concern regarding fanatic fans who cut themselves, and try to get him to drink there blood. Certainly you can't judge an individual based on there tastes, but be aware that this underbelly exists, and it is not a positive thing. Overall, it is easy to miss a need to remove Twilight from your child's media diet. Its influences are more subtle then can be presented on a simple G-R scale. I would recommend going a little deeper, reading plot synapses, and critical articles on the franchise before making a decision. In the interest of full disclosure, I personally can't stand Twilight, and personally judge its quality to be very, very poor, regardless of its adult content. That could skew my perception. Take of this what you will.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjodiexx January 11, 2011

wat a great movie for teeens!!!

i loved eclipse its my fave out of them all woooo team jacob he was deffo fitt in eclipse !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old July 7, 2010

Great for Tweens and above, but younger kids should not be watching it

It was a great movie for all Twilight fans, but there where some parts where I covered my younger sister's eyes. For example, Charlie tries to have the 'talk' with Bella and Bella also tries to take her and Edward's clothes off while kissing him in bed. I would definitely recommend it, though, there's no doubt about it.It was very funny and the scene in the tent was great. It was by far the greatest movie in the Twilight Saga, so far. Enjoy the movie!
Parent of a 12 year old Written byHeberMama July 2, 2010

Why do we allow the Twilight stories to program our girls into thinking that obsession and desperation are normal and cool? I cannot condone this movie despite its good points because of what I see as sad, pretty twisted, emotional messages.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 6, 2011

good but scary!

3rd movie is good but scary
Parent of a 9, 12, 13, 16, and 18 year old Written byMovieadviceguru July 4, 2010

Great for Tween-Adults. Fans of the Books Will be Pleased.

As a fan of the books I had to go see the movie. This being my favorite book, I had high hopes for the movie. I wasn't disappointed. It's the best one yet! If you've read the books you know, each one goes up a notch on the sex/nudity, and the violence/gore. It's not too bad though, it fits the PG-13 rating well. The only violence is really at the end, during the breif battle scene, which lasts for only about ten minutes. You see a few vampires riped apart, others you don't see. But they're vampires, so you see no blood or gore, they look like ice or glass when they break. During the movie a few breif times you see the other vampires (The army) feeding on humans. (You see no blood, just them leaning down towards the necks) Edward and Bella share a few passonate kisses. Jacob kisses Bella, but she pulls away and punches his face, breaking her hand. And Bella attempts to suduce Edward and trys to talk him into having sex with her. He agrees, but not for that night. Jacob is, of course, for the entire movie practically, shirtless. And he warms Bella with his body. There are a few innuendos as well. It was overall a really great movie, worth your money, and worth going to see it in the theater! I would go see it again! It's the best movie of the series, and of the summer so far in my opinion! I loved it, and if you've read the books there isn't anything there to surprise you. If you would let your kids read the books, then let them watch the movie, because approriate wise, they are the same.
Teen, 14 years old Written byaidanqm1996 March 11, 2011

Lots of violence, not very much language

The more you get into the series, there's more sex. And although they might not add everything in the book to the movie, they just HAD to add that one scene between Edward and Bella? Totally not necessary.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byStart Strong Ca... July 2, 2010

Start Strong Idaho Campaign for the Third Choice

Oops! The Start Strong Idaho posting went viral before it was completed. Here's the completed post: Start Strong Idaho high school teens rallied at the premiere of Eclipse to let pre-teens and young teens know that Bella should not have been pressured to make a choice between the wolf boy and the vampire boy, that she should have chosen herself. The Start Strong Idaho "Campaign for the Third Choice" asks young people if their choices be defined by or limited to your relationships. One thing is certain, every choice you make defines you. And in a healthy relationship, no one should be pressured to make a choice. The Campaign for the Third Choice encourages teens to own their choices. Define themselves. And imagine their future – and maybe even without a werewolf or vampire boyfriend. Encourage your teen to be a part of the discussion, go to the Eclipse: Campaign for the Third Choice on Facebook and own your choice. And discuss the movie with your pre-teen or teen and help them recognize the characteristics of healthy relationships - what they look like, sound like, and feel like - by talking with your son or daughter about healthy relationships and listening to his or her opinions about the relationships in the movie. As a parent, we should monitor and set limits on the use of technology for young teens and ask his or her opinion about unhealthy relationship messages in popular music, books, video games, television, and movies. l Eclipse offers great teachable moments - should you have to give up your family and friends for a relationship? Should you be pressured to make a choice that will limit your future or define you? Who has the healthier relationship - Bella and Jacob or Bella and Edward and why? When appropriate, express your concern or opinion about the accuracy of the Twilight series books and movies. Pre-teens and young teens learn how to act in relationships from parents,siblings, friends, and the media. Some sources like Eclipse may provide inaccurate,incomplete, or inappropriate information that 11-to-14-year-olds may imitate in their own relationships. As a parent, you should provide reliable and accurate information to your 11-to-14-year-old about healthy relationships: what a healthy relationship feels like, looks like, and sounds like. One of the most effective ways of teaching your child about healthy relationships is to model positive qualities in your own relationships. Even when you think your teen is not listening or watching you, they often are. Start Strong Idaho is part of a national initiative funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation to promote healthy teen relationships as a way to end teen dating abuse.
Parent of a 7, 11, and 13 year old Written bySADC July 6, 2010

A Couple of Problems, but Overall Really Good

This movie has some pretty violent stuff, but if your child is not overly sensitive, it should not be a problem. There is one scene of HEAVY kissing that may make some parents uncomfortable, too. Overall, however, this is a really entertaining movie. It is the best of the three.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bysunnydays4me July 1, 2010

I cannot tell you how appreciative I was when the author had Edward tell Bella that he IS old-fashioned in his values and respect for her. I am a grandmother who took her very wise 10 year old granddaughter to see this movie as she is very into the Twilight series. I am concerned about the "everything goes" attitudes of so many high-schoolers today (my great-nieces). It was SO refreshing to see someone (Edward) that these kids are so taken with express these values. Thank you to the author.
Kid, 10 years old October 30, 2010

I didnt get the rating when it said SOME SENUALITY umm they almost have sex they are seen rolling aroung in a bet his shirt buttoned down and her fully clothed but i mean SOME and it is a bit violent to but no blood since after vampires die they just break and nothing comes out, but overall i loved the movie
Teen, 13 years old Written bytweeni July 15, 2010

Don't Waste Your Time!

Ugh... throughout this movie, all I did was talk to my cousin and eat sour candy. Bella becomes more obsessed with Edward, and will do ANYTHING to be with him. She wants to have sex when they have Edward's house alone for the night, but Edward says no. Charlie tries to give Bella a sex talk, which ends up sounding REALLY stupid. Jacob kisses Bella once when she doesn't want to; she then hits him and breaks her hand. >:) The violence isn't that bad, vampires break when they die. Bella continues to make bad decisions (accepting Edward's proposal), and acts helpless in numerous situations, PLUS almost killing herself to save Edward. So, all in all, she pretty much destroys the movie, along with her triangle. Don't bother seeing it, its a waste of time and money.