All parent member reviews for The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Parent of a 12 year old Written byssncannon July 12, 2010

Romantic Morality

I loved the books as much as my daughter. The movie provides an idealistic "boyfriend" for girls to aspire to...so few movies that provide moralistic views of teenage romance.
Parent of a 9, 11, 12, and 15 year old Written byGLRRDR July 12, 2010

pERFECT FOR KIDS!

LOVED IT! MY GIRLS ARE NOW "TEAM JACOB" ; D
Parent of a 12 year old Written byluckyleslie July 12, 2010
This was by far the best of the Twilight series so far....the humor in it was great...the acting and producing better. Even the size of the wolves made the story seem more true to the book. My daughter and her friends 12 and 13 year olds as well as us Moms really enjoyed it.
Parent of a 7 and 7 year old Written bysolmaria36 July 11, 2010
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byWendyJo July 11, 2010

Good movie with some good talking points

This movie is suitable for anyone over 9 or 10, in my opinion. I think it does a better job than the book does at addressing Edward's desire to wait until marriage. The book makes Bella seem like that's all she thinks about, and she keeps pressuring him about it. But, the movie only shows a small amount of this pressure to take it further. I think the way Edward handled it in the movie was a great way to explain to my children that being a gentleman and waiting is "cool" too. There is a lot of fighting, but not a lot of blood. I like that the vampires turn to stone when killed. It makes it seem less violent. I took my 9 year old (will be 10 in 2 weeks) and my 12 year old. I think it was suitable for both of them. It left out some detail that made me say no to my 9 year old reading the book.
Adult Written bycodered785 July 10, 2010
I took my 13-year-old and her friend to the midnight opening (did the same for "new moon") and we loved the movies! there are definitely other pg-13 movies i wouldn't allow my daughter to see, but this isn't one of them. i (half) jokingly covered her eye when Bella & Edward were kissing in bed, but later it gave us the opportunity to discuss that scenario and that Edward is a gentleman...a quality all girls should look for in a guy. She read the books, so I did, too, and it's fun to have something else in common! I'm pretty conservative, but I'm okay with my 13-year-old watching this. I would say "NO way!" for under 12.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byMom 222 July 9, 2010
I Think People are too stiff they say 13 and up that's just not fair.
Parent of a 9 year old Written bybsmith1997 July 8, 2010
My daughter is almost 10 and is probably the only one of her group of friends that hasn't seen the previous movies. I personally love the books and the movies and have read/seen them numerous times but I just think the obsessive love between Edward, Bella, and Jacob is just a little too intense for younger tweens/kids. The wait till marriage message is a very good one and nice to see in a young adult book. I don't think the violence is much of an issue as my daughter understands movie magic and has been watching Harry Potter movies for years, it is more about the mature theme/relationships that makes this movie inappropriate for younger kids. For Teens and adults this movie is the best yet and I can't wait to watch it again, either on dvd or in the theater!
Parent of a 15 year old Written byMoneyprincess July 8, 2010

Good movie with bad role model

It was a great movie, except that there is some violence. The good part is that the violence is with vampires so there is no gore. In the movie, Bella isn't the best role model, because she is ready to give up her entire life, family and friends for a boy she met less than 3 years ago. She also wishes to give up her soul to be with him forever. It has a great plot for older and more mature people and I thought it was a pretty great movie.
Adult Written bygabbygirlcuccaro July 8, 2010
This is a great movie! you will love it. Espeshily if you like drama and violence. I highly recommend it.
Adult Written bybookslover88 July 8, 2010
its really good :) i loveeeee the twilight series.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byMommyconcerned July 6, 2010
Love it but it definately has a mature message.
Parent Written bymirta225 July 6, 2010

Great for teens and adults.

I went to see the movie with my 14 year old she of course loved the movie 100% agreed upon discussing the movies content that it was a bit violent but it is a war between good and evil. ALso discussed the fact that Edward wants to abstain because of her virtue, loved this movie. I agree that if child is under 13 def. should go with a parent.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bybeanajack July 5, 2010

perfect for tweens and older kids also

kids are matureing faster these days my twelve year old daughter read all the books and saw twilight new moon and eclipse and she can't wait for breaking dawn and i alow her to watch and read them.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez July 5, 2010
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse is a good movie to watch good for teens the movie does have intense violence and some mild language and there's some brief kissing and more where Bella and Edward where about to have sex but Edward refuses to have sex with Bella.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byjabby July 4, 2010

To vamp or not to vamp

It's the best of the three movies to date, but still just OK. I agree with the main points of Chen's review. I feel uncomfortable with an 18-year-old Bella making an irrevocable decision that changes the rest of her life and cuts her off from her friends and family. Bella's explanation of how she has always felt different and believes that the vampire life is where she belongs b/c she feels strong and confident with Edward and his family is a major plus. It is more direct than in the book and helps the audience see her point of view.
Parent of a 9 and 9 year old Written byVicky81 July 3, 2010

Eclipse, Awesome but not for kids

Loved it. A lot of giggling went on. Action and romance, good combination. I know it's rated PG-13 but I would raise that to 15.
Adult Written byBbitaarob July 3, 2010
I loveeeeeeee the movie and alsooooo love Robert pattinson and Kristen and Taylor...it's really a good movie for all type. Love you rob :x
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byMarinewife1024 July 2, 2010

Great movie, funny, romantic, action packed & no bad language or sex

I watched this Wednesday night and LOVED it!! I thought this is actually the most guy friendly of the saga so far with lots of action. As always because this is based on Stephanie Myer's book it is tame enough for most kids with no bad language and very little in the way of sexual situations. There is only one scene in which the two main characters are making out but they don't go far at all. She begins to unbutton his clothes but he stops her. As for violence there is some because these are Vampires and wearwolves after all but nothing really gory. All in all, it was funny, action packed, romantic and gives a good message even when it comes to sex before marriage. Edward refuses to have sex with Bella unless she marries him first. I'm taking my 9 year old to watch it.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byyak July 2, 2010

evil & wicked

there is nothing good about vampires!!!!!!!