All parent member reviews for The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Parent of a 4, 6, and 12 year old Written bymydaughtersalad... June 28, 2010

Educator and Parent Written byfreaky lady June 16, 2010

love it
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written byKelly_P June 10, 2010

see the movie before you write a review

Maybe people should actually see the movie before posting a review about it. It doesn't even come out for over 2 weeks. CSM might consider preventing reviews from being posted before movies are released to cut down on junk posting. Go review the book if you feel the need, but you need to see the movie before you can review it!! I didn't even want to give it any stars since I haven't seen it, but the silly submit button won't let me submit without putting a star rating.
Parent of a 5 year old Written byalyisablack June 7, 2010

This is for the reviewer below me

One things first, have you ever written a book in your life? I have and I know what a good book contains, its plots, its characters and overall its image. I also know that the Twilight Saga is an extremely well written book. Kristen Stewarts 'Bella' is as relastic as it gets. She shows how teenage girls can get with ones relationship. Shes a good rolemodel for the fact that even though shes portrayed as a clumsy and weak human girl, shes also independent in her descions and does not let Edward control her fully. Edward is not controlling but shows how a guy whose overprotective can be and only wants the best for the girl he loves. One thing EVERYONE needs in their life is love because then a life without love is not worth living. Love is what brings purpose and you are wrong to judge it so harshly -Alyisa
Parent of a 13 year old Written bypinkandpeaches June 2, 2010

Know your children

As a parent it is your responsibility to explain the difference between reality and fiction. As long as you are a hands on parent who is involved, educates and you do not allow the story to become more then a "fictional story" it is fine for mature 13 plus year olds. However, if your child has certain tendencies you may want to restrict access to these films or any with intense romantic fantasies
Parent of a 17 year old Written bysunnyco447 June 1, 2010

this movie will wash children brain.
Parent of a 6 and 14 year old Written bymchap May 19, 2010

I believe this movie will be fine with children ages 13 and above. As well as children accompanied by their parents. To give more of a review I would need to see the movie in its entirety.
Parent of a 5 and 12 year old Written byBabygirlJenny May 14, 2010

Perfect for the ENTIRE Family!!!

I love the twilight saga! And a lot of children 11+ are enjoying the amazing, awsome, cool twilight movies.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byyeraldy12 May 4, 2010

i love it so much i want to see it all day long. but for myself no body else. ????•??????
Adult Written bykelleydd May 3, 2010
Parent of a 11 year old Written bysoccergrl11 May 2, 2010

I love twilight

I love the twilighgt series !!!
Parent of a 13 year old Written bydgracias May 1, 2010

mariela

hola soy mexican sal mgutaria conocerlos soy nueva
Parent of a 13 year old Written byErin6126 April 11, 2010

Read the books or don't bother.

Definately need to have read the series to truly appresiate this movie. Without the reference to the novel, understanding of this story would be difficult leaving you unsatisfied.
Parent Written bygenevievecorinne April 8, 2010

ok for kids 13 and older

I haven't really been keeping up on these movies. but I think that they are ok for girls 13 and up. But I would like to see the guys keep their shirts on more.
Parent of a 16 year old Written byvampiressmile7 April 7, 2010

Vampiressmile7

I LOVE IT. can't wait until it comes to DVD.This is a great movie keeps u end of your seat. It is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Educator and Parent of a 5 and 9 year old Written bysiosf April 6, 2010

TOTALLY CANT WAIT
Parent of a 4, 11, 12, 14, 16, and 16 year old Written by7mom7 April 2, 2010

Hmm

Ahh... Another. Well, my 16 year old daughter absolutely hates the series, but we went to the last to and they were really nothing special. Sure, I'll see it, but no rush.
Adult Written bysmnicole93 March 19, 2010

good for most ages unless some violence is an issue

the only fighting that is going on is defense
Adult Written byXanadu84 March 18, 2010

Dig a little deeper parents, it might not be so safe...

Twilight is a bit of a sleeper problem. On one hand, its hard to point to specific, traditional problems that media might have, I.E. Violence, blood, gore, sex, etc. The quality of writing also clearly skews the entire series towards the, "Guilty pleasure" end of the spectrum, trying to be a fun, cheesy, escapist romance. Certainly I won't judge anyone for enjoying this guilty pleasure. The problem this franchise presents is 2 pronged: first from the subtle messages, and the second from the fan community. First, it's worth looking at the message. Certainly there isn't anything to point to that is outright bad on its own, but the far more meaningful, instructive message underneath needs to be addressed. It's far to easy to look at Twilight as an instruction manual for an abusive, codependent relationship. Note how Bella, as a character, seems to have absolutely no personality outside of being defined by the guy she likes. The guy also comes across as a bit of a creepy, controlling stalker. A lot of the tense, dramatic moments fueled by the condition of Edwards vampirism can easily be taken by younger children as a justification for situations where someone needs to call the cops. If a child is at all likely to model there views of relationships off of what they read, then seriously consider not allowing access to this, or at least having a serious talk about the separation of reality and fantasy. The second issue, and perhaps a slightly unfair one, is the fan community. Certainly there are plenty of normal Twilight fans, and most popular intellectual properties have a seedy underbelly. However, Twilight's bears particular concern. A cursory Google search will be filled with disturbing instances, up to and including acts of vandalism, assault, and threats, all based on opinions regarding the book or the characters. Even the Actor who plays the male lead has stated concern regarding fanatic fans who cut themselves, and try to get him to drink there blood. Certainly you can't judge an individual based on there tastes, but be aware that this underbelly exists, and it is not a positive thing. Overall, it is easy to miss a need to remove Twilight from your child's media diet. Its influences are more subtle then can be presented on a simple G-R scale. I would recommend going a little deeper, reading plot synapses, and critical articles on the franchise before making a decision. In the interest of full disclosure, I personally can't stand Twilight, and personally judge its quality to be very, very poor, regardless of its adult content. That could skew my perception. Take of this what you will.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bygoodgirladvice March 13, 2010

perfect for tweens and up

my daughter loves twilight and i really do too but it might not be the best thing to send your 8 year old or anything younger because it might scare them or frighting them