All parent member reviews for The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Parent Written byPlague March 2, 2010

The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Once again, a waste of money and acting talent. These Twilight movies are nothing but the same romantic undead love with violence. I still see no point.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bycorneater January 22, 2010
It is a good movie for the teen generation. The werewolves and vampires are creative idea of a battle to who Bella will luv. Some uneducational behavior is shoe in the movie such as Bella making unintelligent decisions to see Edward in her mind. The movie was well grasping and entertaining in even parts. Pretty good overall.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byerinmort December 16, 2009

New Moon The Clip Notes

I am a big fan of the books and was expecting a lot more from the movie. i was very disappointed. the main plot of the book was in there but not much more. it was like they pieced together the most vital, to the story, parts of the book just to hurry up and get it done and out. also most of the movie is spent spinning, literally, it almost made me sick. in my opinion the movie should be called "New Moon The Clip Notes." will not be paying to see eclipse at the theater. i'll wait and rent it.
Adult Written by4Spice December 12, 2009

good movie worth watching 12 and over

very good movie better then i expected i really how jacob played more violence then twilight and alot more intense worth watching 12 and over
Parent of a 2 year old Written byCannapeas December 7, 2009
Pretty good movie over all. I think some of the kisses and the many shirtless boys might make it a bit inappropriate for kids under 12.
Adult Written bynerdstotallyrock December 5, 2009
I love this movie!!!!! This is the best movie ever!!! Team Jacob all the way!!!!!
Parent of a 2, 9, and 12 year old Written byclwellen December 4, 2009
Adult Written byBUDU09 December 3, 2009

Please bite Bella!

Would someone just bite Bella.... she's sicking! The movie okay but wasn't what I expected it left alot out and someone that who didn't read the book wouldn't understand what wwas going on. Most of my fellow movie goers left out feeling let down.
Adult Written by_momo_ December 3, 2009

Uh-mazingg

I loved the movie and book. It does leave out some of the book but makes up for it in action.
Adult Written byJacob is so hot December 1, 2009
i love this movie because of Jacob he is so fine and Edward isnt bad looking but i love Jacob and his friends their all hottttt...i hate Bella though shes a two faced lil girl that just wants attention
Adult Written bycatwoman1 November 28, 2009

purrrrfect !

this movie was great luvvvvvvvvved it! theres so many taylor lautner scenes and he has a hot bod !bella is so pretty and she doesnt have a flat but . i luv u bella ! i know you look yourself up on google ! bellarocks !
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written bystarasia November 28, 2009

If your tween read the book, then okay!

If you read the books, then you have to go. It was a perfect adaptation.
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written bylauraf November 27, 2009

Great movie for mature tweens and older

Having read the book series, I think the movie follows the storyline nicely, at least the intention and purpose of the story. It is impossible to incorporate everything from the book in a 2 1/2 hour movie, but the director got all the key points. I would recommend this for mature tweens and older. The story gets more intense as the series progresses, but the overall message of true love succeeding is very clear. Shakespeare would be proud of this version of Romeo and Juliet.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byCritic in progress November 25, 2009

New Moon: In My Opinion

New Moon is an appropriate movie for ages 9+ Although it may be a little graphical and has some violent acts, I think that this is a very good movie for some ages.
Adult Written bycalliegallie November 23, 2009

Comedy or Romance?

I love this movie and i thought it was hilarious at times. It was way better then twilight. It could have some innapropriate parts but not very innapropiate and not terrible. It does have violence in it but no guts and gory. Just fighting.
Parent of a 3 and 7 year old Written byKingston November 23, 2009

Great for Everyone!!!!!!!!!!

This is a fabulous movie. Kids and young adults will love it. It’s not too violent, it’s not to sexual. It was a nice, funny, love story. I would allow both my kids (aged 3 and 7 to watch this movie). It was fantastic. Even you mom’s will fall in love with the characters!I think this movie is a great way to introduce things like werewolves and vampires to young kids because they show them in a non threatening way. They’ll know after watching that vampires and werewolves are cool, and absolutely nothing to be scared of. Enjoy.
Parent of a 7, 11, and 13 year old Written bylamcharsky November 23, 2009

Really Good Movie- Thumbs up from a Very CONSERVATIVE mom!

Fun movie. I am generally VERY conservative about what I let my 13 yr.old watch - there was not too much gore (the worst was at the beginning- when the bad vampire was dismembered- but they didn't show details), sexuality (a couple intense kissing moments- but not over the top.) - I can't remember any drinking/drugs- or bad language. I was not thrilled with the over all message that Bella displayed- that her whole happiness depended solely on her relationship with Edward. I would recommend this movie to any 13+.
Adult Written byChrissy505 November 22, 2009

ok-ish but really cheesy

It was a pretty ok movie. There's a part where they dismember a vampire mostly onscreen and there's a vampire fight scene, and there's a part where some tourists are being lead to their death (you can here their screams but don't see them being massacred). And there are A LOT of shirtless werewolves walking around (not really a bad thing). There are some parts in this movie that are ridiculously cheesy and are unintentionally really funny. If the movies story wasn't so god this movie would've been unbearable. So keep in mind it's ok to laugh as Edward dramatically walks forward in slow-mo from his car. It's hilarious. One other bad thing though is when Bella takes off with a man she doesn't know and rides his motorcycle with him just to see hear edwards voice in her head.
Parent of a 12 and 16 year old Written byKyle Anglemier November 22, 2009

New Moon was awesome! Can't wait for Eclipse next June.

Loved the books and the movie was visually entertaining. Can't wait for the next one to come out in June 2010. And hopefully the last one will be released shortly after the that...
Parent of a 13 year old Written bytwzzlrgirl November 22, 2009

Ugh...2 hours of my life I will never get back.

First, let me say, as an adult, I hated this movie. Long, insipid, depressing -- the dialogue is painful and the acting is worse. It was difficult for me to sit through the entire flick. Second, I would never recommend this movie to tween girls. When Bella, in a state of extreme upset, decides to hop on the motorcycle of a stranger outside of a bar (in the hopes of re-creating the perilous situation from the first movie that brought Edward to her when she was in town dress shopping), I was appalled. Who's depiction of love is this???? Oh, that's right: Mormon, Stephenie Meyers, who thinks everything is ok and fair game as long as you hold on to your virginity until marriage. Not for anyone under the age of 15, or older than 25.