All parent member reviews for The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Parent of a 13 year old Written byJindwen May 18, 2010

Use caution...not appropriate for young girls!!!

These movies are SO not appropriate for young girls. When the first movie came out, we took our daughter and she 12. All Bella did the entire movie was LUST over Edward! They longed for the kiss in the end of the movie. Now, the second movie, we get to hear Edward and Bella moan every time they kiss. And don't forget about Jacob. Now all they do is flirt with each other. What message are we sending young girls? We need to keep our kids young...not forcing them to grow up so quickly. They'll have plenty of years to be grown ups. Lastly, this is supposed to be a vampire movie...not a romance.
Parent of a 3, 6, 8, and 12 year old Written byMidnightMom March 27, 2010

Fine for the kids, nothing overly violent.

I loved the whole saga and my kids do too. They distinguish this all from reality just fine and it has made them less afraid of monsters I think! New Moon was great...I will let them watch Eclipse too, but will hold off on Breaking Dawn til they are a teen if it plays out like the book.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byDad review September 4, 2010

A teachable moment courtesy of Twilight: New Moon

I watched the movie by myself on a Friday night. I made the decision that it was okay for MY 9-year-old daughter. My advice is to preview any movie you're unsure of yourself. What is okay for MY 9-year-old might not be okay for yours, and vice-versa. To me, it's just part of being "Dad." On the way home from the theatre the next night, I had an awesome opportunity to point out a positive message of the movie. For the purposes of our discussion we agreed that in this movie there are certian facts: 1. Vampires kill and eat humans. 2. Werewolves kill vampires to protect humans. 3. The Cullens are a family of vampires. 4. The Cullens do NOT kill and eat humans. The language that Jacob and the rest of the "pack" uses paints the Cullens with a wide brush. The general theme is along the lines of "It's only a matter of time until one of them loses control and kills Bella; there no such thing as a good vampire; they're all the same; know one vampire, and you know them all." I used this opportunity to teach my daughter that stereotyping ANY group is wrong, and that good and bad indiviuals are present in any group. The Cullens are vampires. They do not kill humans. Not all vampires are the same. After agreeing that the author knows there is no such thing as vampires, I asked my daughter what she thought the author was trying to say. All vampires are not the same. Now substitue any group for "vampires" in that sentence. Not all Irish people are the same. Not all African Americans are the same. Not all Italians are the same. Not all Asians are the same. Not all Jews are the same. Not all Muslims are the same. Not all hispanics are the same. I could go on, but I think I made my point. We talked about the lesson to be learned is to not pre-judge, to avoid stereotyping, and to take everyone we meet as an individual person-- not part of a generalized whole.
Adult Written bypeppermintqueen November 22, 2009

Age-appropriate for teens

A fun (but terribly cheesy) film that is age appropriate for teens (and wouldn't be that interesting to 10-year-olds). I mostly laughed at it, but if I were 14, I'd have loved this. Pretty tame in terms of the language in PG-13 movies. It's also a nice change from movies aimed at 13-year-olds about teenagers who are sexually active. It is a bit more violent than the other film, but the main concern is the messages -- teen girls shouldn't think it's okay to let a romance control your happiness like that. It also gives girls unrealistic ideas about love.
Parent of a 2 and 17 year old Written byHuman November 19, 2009

Terrible movie
Parent of a 14 year old Written byroyalblue246 June 16, 2011

the worst series in the world

this it very irritating and has a stupid plot and story line as do all the other twilight movies. none of the actors in these movies can act or do even an okay job at portraying the character they are supposed to be. the media has hyped this up just for all the smart people in the world to figure out that it is a total wast of time and money. the main character sets a terrible example showing that with out your man you are not good for any thing and you can not go on in your life, every thing is bad about this movie
Adult Written bybianca7788 May 16, 2011

sort of violent

Sort of violent for some kids, my kids loved it!
Parent of a 11 year old Written bygetalifeyoufreaks March 15, 2011

ITS GOOD FOR EVERY AGE

its good for your inner soul man, loosen your kids up its nothing they dont see you controlling weirdoes! its an inspiring novel and if you think its bad because Bella and Edward hug your lame because i hug my Husband all the time in front of my 2year olds
Adult Written bysouthparkfan14 January 30, 2011

Very stupid movie

this movie sucked so much first of all the charechters are a bunch of whiney teens ( especially the crazy obsessed Bella) the acting is bad the story well here i'll tell you the story Bella turned 18 and what did she do whine because she is older than edward then after the b-day party which she whined about edward said he was moving and bella goes into this deppression for half the book whining and bitching about edward not being there, i felt like slaping her, then jacob some guy she knew when she was a kid wants to date her and she has fellings for him and then it becomes a love triangle... serioulsy the series is to over hyped the 3 main charecters are annoying, unheathly obsessed and do stupid ass things that dont even make sense... its sad that this became popular
Adult Written byjoshua martinez July 5, 2010

The Twilight Saga: New Moon is another good movie for your teens to watch the only problem that the movie has is the intense violence.
Adult Written bygabbygirlcuccaro July 1, 2010

drama filled movie!

Personally I love the twilght saga,but this is not the best movie out of the series.Some parts of the movie where very fake looking, but I know the new director will do a better job on the next movie.
Adult Written byVolleyGirlLove June 30, 2010

No younger than 10

New Moon was definently better than Twilight. The actors opened up to their roles. There is some violence and sexuality. Bella and Edward are both suicidal. Like every boy is shown shirtless and there are a few passionate kissing scenes between Edward and bella. The volturi rips and cracks a vampire who broke laws in a flashback where Edward tells Bella carlisle story. They also fight Edward which contains may flips and drags not very violent or scary. Much cleaner than twilight.
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo June 23, 2010

Bad movie for young girls, fine for teens who love drama.

I have not seen this movie, but after seeing the first two, if your child is under the age of 12, then your child probably has no business watching this movie (preferrably older for girls). These movies has this teenage girl moody and throwing everything in her life (including her life) away for a boy. Not the type of role model I want for my three girls. This girl doesn't care that this boy has killed people, for example. Not good. This movie has no positive role models for girls, and it glorifies girls and women giving up everything to go ga ga for a boy/man. Not to mention the scary parts of the movie. I know moms who let their 6 year olds watch this movie, and while it is their decision, I respectfully disagree. Our kids will not watch these movies until much older, if at all.
Educator and Parent Written byfreaky lady June 16, 2010

love it
Parent Written byMKNoelani June 12, 2010

Parent of a 2 and 9 year old Written bysangefraier April 8, 2010

ok for kids

My step son is 9 and he loves the twilight saga. The only one that concerns me is Breaking Dawn actually. We're super strict about what he watches (no violence, no sex, no sensuality, no nudity) but these movies are pretty tame. Sure every now and then he has to close his eyes but these movies are less violence than eragon... which was PG
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byMarinewife1024 March 26, 2010

Okay look, I rated this on for 13 year olds and over because in reality the books were written for that age range. I finally gave in and let my daughter watch both Twilight and New Moon because she's almost 10 now and unfortunately my daughter's best friend watch both of them and my daughter was feeling left out. So using my knowledge of my daughter and my own parental discretion and sat down to watch both movies with her. This is my warning, there are violent moments and if your child is sensative, this is not the movie for them. The only really violent scene is within the first 10 minutes during a scene when the Volturi is carrying out their punishment on another vampire.
Parent of a 17 year old Written byhhhh2010 March 17, 2010

very good
Adult Written byTy3401 March 3, 2010

This movie must be a comedy! Because there is no way that people could even begin to immerse themselves in this movie without be completely fake and false about themselves. The only talent in this movie is Rob Pattenson (or however you spell his name) and the talent is wasted. ATTN PARENTS: if you want your teenage daughter to believe in romance and love have them watch Sleeping Beauty; because this movie will teach your little girls to be obsessed with a guy and even if he doesn't want to be with you its okay to push and push the envelope of romance whilst playing every other guy in sight. The reason why is said it is good only for kids 17+ is because someone that is an adult might understand how fake this movie is, and the bad role models that are potrayed.
Parent Written byPlague March 2, 2010

The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Once again, a waste of money and acting talent. These Twilight movies are nothing but the same romantic undead love with violence. I still see no point.