All teen and kid member reviews for The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Kid, 11 years old November 21, 2009

A kids eye-view of New Moon for children and tweens

I really enjoyed this movie. It's very good compared to Twilight (the first movie to the Twilight Saga). Although this intense romance/action movie is very captivating, it does have one or two suggestive themes for tweens and very mature themes for ages nine and younger. The heroine, Bella is depressed throughout the movie and does some very dangerous things just to make herself feel better. Also, one of the last few scenes are very scary when bad vampires try to kill Bella and her true love. A definite nightmare maker for younger children. Very fun for eleven and up. Iffy for ten year olds. Great ending. Must see it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byGaladriel July 9, 2015

This is a good movie for teens it is mostly sweet and romantic but one of the offs is the fact that the relationships between Bella and Edward is a VERY unhealthy one. About twenty (or less) minutes into the movie Edward leaves and Bella is totally depressed. She just sits around and hardly eats or drinks and she ignores her friends and her school work! Also, she finds out that if she does something dangerous she will see an image of Edward telling her not to do it, so of course Bella goes ahead and finds all the dangerous things she can do so she can see him! Otherwise I found the movie fun and enjoyable!(:
Kid, 8 years old June 22, 2015

Very racy, violent thriller is just as boring as the first.

My rating:PG-13 for violence, language, and brief nudity.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykitty47 June 3, 2015

Great series!

Kid, 11 years old May 9, 2015

Twilight: New moon

I really do think that Twilight: new moon is a very good movie and eventhough I have just got round watching it I really think it is a movie everyone should watch. It think this would be appropriate for mature 11 year olds. You don't really want to worry about kissing because there is not much of that but it is a dramatic movie. I watched this with my little sister but had to make sure she wasn't looking sometimes but overall it is a really good movie.
Kid, 12 years old November 6, 2014

Very Disappointing

I was hoping this one would be better than the first, but unfortunately, no. It was very boring! There was almost no action! Bella risks her life several times just because Edward broke up! The only good thing about this movie is tat Jacob cuts his hair, which makes him look way better!
Kid, 12 years old October 10, 2014

I really like this movie

Even though there are some shared kisses between Bella and Edward and some intimate hugging between her and Jacob/Jake, I think the only real problem is that a child younger than 14 may slip into depression because of Bella's strange behavior/depression. As long as your child is fine, I think that a 12 year old and up would like this and others in the Twilight series.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymarleyquenten September 18, 2014

good followup

this movie(more enjoyable after you read the book, or if you read the book directly after the movie) is a good followup for the first one. though a little boring. we do not see edward and bella kiss through the movie- plot spoiler- because edward leaves bella. but don't let them see this if under 13 because the last 2 are very inappropriate.
Teen, 13 years old Written byllizz April 2, 2014

ok

bit boring needs to get to the point
Kid, 12 years old February 17, 2014

Better than the first!

No more violence than the first film, no more language, no drinking/drugs/smoking, boys are briefly seen shirtless, Teenagers seen kissing, wolves may frighten, a girl is seen with an Apple laptop.....
Kid, 11 years old February 7, 2014

STILL BORING

THIS MOVIE IS BORING NUFF SAID
Teen, 13 years old Written byMoviegirl100 January 9, 2014

It's alright

Bella's character really started to annoy me in the second film. She was clingy and VERY obsessed with Edward. Jacob had more of a storyline than the first film, and he FINALLY cut off all that hair. It is a flim for people who like action and romance but I don't know any boys that actually like it
Kid, 12 years old October 15, 2013

Okay for kids......... but with supervision.

i think the 1st 2 films are perfectly okay for kids aged 10 onwards. however it's never bad to sit near your kids if they find people with red eys, a girl going crazy for someoen and so on uncomfortable..... new moon is not bad for kids. its ok to the limit of just waching it. i won't say that it's an example for kids. however if your kids want to watch it then i think its perfectly fine.... i myself didnt see the other parts yet..... the point of watching these movies shud just be of watching and then forgetting............... thats what i think.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytwilight_girl13 September 27, 2013

Love It!

Teen, 15 years old Written byFun girl132 July 28, 2013

It shouldn't be a 12 it should be PG

No language just kissing I watched it when I was 9 Marley and me has more sex in The scene where Bella goes to the ballet room and gets bitten may be a little bit scary for younger children
Kid, 8 years old May 5, 2013

safety for children 8 and up

I think its the best one ever but they got to tell the other persons the details some before they watch them and tell the kids to tell you stop or something like that if its to like something too nasty or like that.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow April 18, 2013

The newest moon is decent, but not full

I found it puzzling how many people were disgusted by the first Twilight. It certainly wasn't hated by everyone, but the bad reviews were pretty bad. Several people even found it unintentionally funny because of its dialogue. I never found a problem with the dialogue or the plot; in fact, I thought it was very good. But reviews for the second film, New Moon, were worse; and honestly, I can't really blame the critics on that one very much. I mean, I still marginally enjoyed the movie, but less so than the first film. Its tone is much darker than that of the first film, focusing more on darkness and depression. This tone is somewhat enjoyable to watch, but its stuffed to the brim with ridiculousness; after Edward leaves in order to protect Bella, she starts to do dangerous things so that she can see visions of Edward telling her not to do it. The fact that she would throw herself off a cliff, smash her head into a rock, and get on a drunk's motorcycle just so she can see visions of Edward feels so outright ridiculous to me. And while I still like Kristen Steward, Robert Pattinson, and Billy Burke, I think that Taylor Lautner was overly-sentimental, flat, and at times even laughable as Jacob, even though he looked the part pretty well. But a large part of those negative traits is due to the fact that he is a terribly written character; he acts so pushy around Bella to get her to admit she loves him, which is exactly the wrong thing to do in a situation where her boyfriend is gone and she is having screaming nightmares about him. And I think the part where the characters are in Italy talking to the Volturi is dragged out and incomprehensible. Yet the film still does have its plusses; outside of the parts where she tries to kill herself to see visions of Edward, the scenes where she tries to make friends with Jacob and cope with Edward's absence felt genuine, and you can see Lautner at least trying to act supportive and caring. Like I said earlier, setting Lautner aside, the performances were good, especially Michael Sheen, who was delightfully hammy and devious as Arrow, the leader of the Volturi. The CGI for the werewolves was appropriately awesome, and the action scenes, while scarce, were delectable. In the end, it doesn't hold up as one of the series' best, but it's still decent.
Kid, 12 years old January 15, 2013

silvonadux I'M SURROUNED BY MOODINESS!!! AUGHH!!!

Bella: Edward left meeee! Edward in her head: don't be sad. It's for the best. Bella: I'm gonna jump off a cliff! Edward in her head: Don't do it, you idiot! Bella: WEEEEEEEEeeeeeee. . . *splash* Jacob: *faceplam*
Teen, 15 years old Written byOfficial Critic December 23, 2012

The Twilight Saga: New Moon Review

New Moon is supposed to be an exciting love story plus monster action. So where’s the excitement? Where’s the action? It's chaste, oddly bloodless, and nearly plotless saga.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCole9678 November 28, 2012

I just new mooned you

HAHAHAH this movie IS HILARIOUS!!!! SO CHEESY!!!!!! Jacob's always flashing everybody XD Bella is so mortified about Edward XD And this one scene, Edward show the world his body so that the council will kil him, and he has the worst body ever! (no-hom0) it makes you wonder how he even atracts the ladies. Even i could atract ladies better than him, and i have a fat flubbery body XD stinks to be him. Anyway, this movie is for like...10 year olds and up. For all the girls, watch it so you can squeal over jacob and edward. For all the guys, watch it for a REALLY GOOD LAUGH!!!!! THIS MOVIE IS TOO HILARIOUS!!!