All member reviews for The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Teen, 15 years old Written byChristian_girl March 30, 2010

Oh, Just Kill Her And Get It Over With!

I've lost some respect for Bella after watching this movie. She is now, as CSM puts it, "the poster child for obsessive love." This movie is actually more well-made than the first and has more violence. Since these improvements made it more entertaining, I'm probably gonna say that New Moon is better than Twilight. Thus, four stars. Can I give this 3 1/2, though? Rats. Anyway, I would rate this on for 13+ except for the fact that neither Bella's nor Edward's behavior should be copied by anyone of any age, much less 13-year-olds. The incessant screaming and wailing of Bella when Edward leaves her makes me want to cover my ears and scream just as loud. I don't even want to know how many times she's gone through this routine. And it gets worse. Apparently, she sees Edward in her mind when ever she does something dangerous. Or maybe she just went nuts. So to "see" her boyfriend again, who in reality probably would've broken up with her in a week anyway, she decides first to run away with some stranger on a motorcycle that's telling her how pretty she is. This idea is followed by fixing a broken-down motorcycle with some guy (at least she knows this one) and driving it through a forest. There was blood in this scene. When that got old, she decided to jump off a cliff. Get over it, Bella! ***END SPOILER*** At the end of the movie, Edward thinks Bella is dead and decides to commit suicide. Yes, vampires can do that. If you think about it, that's the same thing Bella was doing. ***SPOILER OVER*** Besides all that, I just wish at least one of the guys in the movie would put a shirt on. That's disgusting in my opinion, boys have cooties. I could not have stood to watch this in the theater around a million teenage girls screaming till their lungs were about to burst at every other scene. It would have been just as bad as I walked out of the movie having to listen to them talking about their "favorite parts." Oh, wait, I wouldn't have to listen, they'd be texting. Thank goodness!
Kid, 12 years old March 30, 2010

It may be rough for ages under 12. Bella isn't a great role model, she rides on a stranger's motorcycle and jumps off a cliff to hear Edward's voice.
Kid, 12 years old March 30, 2010

The only things that concern me are the sexual scenes and bad messages, but besides that, it's a great movie. The thing is, Bella in the movie is encouraging girls to not move on and get a grip when they lose their boyfriends and practically kill themselves or do dangerous stunts. The sexual scenes speak for themselves considering the make-out scene Bella and Edward had in Italy while he was shirtless.
Teen, 14 years old Written bym1 March 27, 2010

I can't believe you people are rating this above a 3. I would rate it a 2.5 on this scale. This movie is fine for teens, but it is disappointing to the point that it's not worth watching in theaters. P.S. This is NOT an improvement of Twilight.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJustin Loco March 23, 2010

Teen, 14 years old Written bySMART JR. March 22, 2010

Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

I LOVE IT IT'S THE BEST TO ME THEIRS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT.
Teen, 14 years old Written byethan carpenter March 22, 2010

ethan carpenter speaks the truf!!!!!

i love it. the movie is great . yea it displays a little bad messages. but its great. but i think they couldve made it better they shouldnt cut so many parts and create new ones. they did a good job but couldve done better. and bella might not be a good role model but the rest pretty much r
Teen, 14 years old Written bybubbleboy March 21, 2010

Better Than "Twilight"...But Still...

The "Twilight" books were never a draw because of unprecedented originality. It's a love story, and there's vampires, and there's werewolves. It's conventional, as is the amped-up, crowd-pleasing (though at times dreadfully slow) "Twilight Saga: New Moon". It picks up right were the first left off, and is a very straightforward, eminently likeable romance/fantasy. The visuals here blow those of "Twilight" clear out of the water, though that gritty sense of teen angst and beautiful blue filter seems fatally absent--it is, after all, a beautiful story of teen angst. The introduction of the Volturi (the sort of Italian "Vampire Overlords") in this installment lifts the action considerably (especially in the third act), and the long, dreadful stretches of boredom one finds in the book are considerably toned down--though not entirely absent--here. This film is basically what the fans of the books are looking for: Hot, shirtless guys mixed with fits of action and an overdose of romance (it's also worth noting that the screenwriter does a very nice job of capturing things that teenagers actually SAY--a skill Ms. Meyer sorely lacks); but for those not yet "induced" to the Twilight world, this film, as with its predecessor, will do little to convince them.
Kid, 12 years old March 21, 2010

its kinda iffy for 6-8 year olds.

the 1st time i saw it, all i could think about was taylor shirtless. i just blacked out and thought about taylor for 3 hours, i had to see the movie again....
Kid, 9 years old March 20, 2010

AWesome

love New moon at some Parts it was a little too dramatic but Awesome Awesome Watch it nowwwwwwwwwwww
Kid, 10 years old March 18, 2010

Perfect for the older girls

I am on page 180 and i read the bit when jacob is shirtless i understand many people think this is i have to say 11+ for this one twilight is great for 10 year olds.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhomegirl13 March 16, 2010

on the fence

not a huge fan
Kid, 9 years old March 14, 2010

Great for tweens!

A great moive!People under nine or ten may not understand this movie.
Kid, 12 years old February 27, 2010

good for age 11 and up

It is a very good movie. I'm a twilight geek I loooooove it the whole saga is sweet. here is a summery of the book and movie: bella is dating edward and then he thinks its danguse for belle to be around him so he leves, which tares bella a part the way bella decribes ti is that she has a hole in her chest. and thn jacob comes into the picture and makes bella fell beter. when she goes into port angles one night she does somthing that makes her relize that if she has an edrenelen rush she can hear and see in her head with perfect clarenty edward saying recles, don't do it, and yelling at her.so she does differn't things to triger the edrenelin one of them is cliff diving the time she tried it she got sucked under by the courent .alice saw bella jumping off the cliff and she told roseilywho told edwared who thought bella was dead so he was going to go to the voltoi to die. (the vlotoi are like the law inforsment so if edward did any thing agenst the vampire law the voltoi would kill him.) but in the mean time jacob saved bella, he pulled her out of the courent but edward didn't know that, so alice and bella flew to italy where edward and the voltroi were. to save edward. It is really good. but most boys don't like it, so go with girls instead.( Its a chick flick.0
Teen, 16 years old Written bytwinklestar4884 February 17, 2010

Children under 13 should just read the book instead

It was a twilight fans dream. i'm not really sure what to say about it though. This is the kind of movie your daughter wants to see with a group of friends and away from her parents. it is a mature and romantic movie, that parents may not approve of. Terrible role models. all of them. Bella and Edward have a VERY unhealthy relationship. period. I think Rosalie was actually the best role model in the film (as hard to believe as that is.) she was only shown abotu once or twice and what she said at the end about Bella willingly wanting to be a vampire was one of my favorite moments. Well....there were plenty of hot, shirtless men in the movie. several girls ages 13-19 screamed when Jabcob removed his shirt....and I was one of them. This may be another reason why your daughter may not want to watch this movie with you. she doesn't want you to see her screaming and drooling over a boy for fear that you may baby or scold her. The violence is what you should expect from a vampire movie.....blood, teeth baring, etc. langauge is appropriate for teenagers. enough said. wow, that was a lot. I'm sorry if anyone was offended by my opinion or spelling. I can't wait for Eclipse. Im just worried about how bad Breaking Dawn is going to be.
Teen, 16 years old Written bytiffany18 February 8, 2010

Romance of the Year

New Moon is a wonderful and heartwarming romance. Everyone should watch this movie. The director did a tremendous job, the lighting was really good. The special effects were amazing. This movie is best to be seen in theaters. This movie is about two people who have to be separated and how they struggle to save each other. In the end they realize they are meant to be together forever. This is my favorite movie of all time. I recommend this movie to everyone. It’s a must see film!
Kid, 12 years old February 8, 2010

Great Movie!

Such a good movie! a definate must see!! GO TEAM EDWARD!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old February 7, 2010

It was better then Twilight. It was violent, but there wasn't any blood. Bella is a bad role model because you shouldn't be depressed about your boyfreind for 4 months. You also shouldn't do reckless things just to him either.
Teen, 15 years old Written byantionette94 February 5, 2010

Great movie for fans of the Twilight Saga

I really liked this movie a lot better than the Twilight movie, it was better done and just plain amazing. The filming was very good and everything movie-wise was well done. There is still hardly any chemistry between Robert and Kristen, although Taylor and Kristen have a great relationship. I have read all the books and am a big fan of the series. Now I can hardly wait for Eclipse and see what David Slade does with it. :D I would suggest this movie to any fan of the series. Read the books first, this movie says pretty true to the book. TEAM JACOB. :)
Teen, 17 years old Written bycookiesrfun February 3, 2010

Perfect

its a rlly good movie rlly good 4 kids 2!!!