All member reviews for The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Teen, 14 years old Written byvampire child December 21, 2009

Cant wait

I say u gtta b able to understand.Im nt obssessed like sme ppl.yea its a good movie bt when i saw it a had 2 ppl grabbin my arm everytime they take their shirts off im like come on their just dudes.I cant wait for tha next one bt i hope they dnt grab my arm again.I say ten and up cuz they can kinda understand it nt like lil kids.great movie
Teen, 14 years old Written bypapertowngirl December 19, 2009

Kids need to understand the story behind the movie and possible read the books to get a positive message out of this move. An 11 year old seeing this without any previous knowlege would be more prone to being frightened, scared, and confused by it than a 11 year old who had read the book and got everything that was going on. All in all a good movie to see, but also try the books! :)
Teen, 15 years old Written bypeanutbuttergurl6 December 16, 2009

better than twilight

this was way better than the original twilight movie and the violence makes it better
Teen, 17 years old Written byAshmoe1 December 16, 2009

not for children under 12

It was good better than twilight,i do agree its not for alot of people you can get caught up in this world and do something stupid because you see it on this hugley popular series but it does have positive messeges for boys on how to treat women and girls.
Teen, 13 years old Written bystargirlgeek December 14, 2009

i loved it. this movie isnt a real problem. it is such a good movie
Teen, 17 years old Written bysadie111 December 14, 2009

Love it!!!!! toatally team jacob!!!!!! perfect for teens
Teen, 16 years old Written bylady_bug December 12, 2009

better than the first

i liked this movie alot, better than the first one. it is more true to the book, and in my terms that is a good thing. there are plenty of shrtless werewolves, which also is a good thing...i dont think there is more violence in this movie than the first one(with james and all in the first one well...) in new moon there isn't really shown violence, just implied(like the volturi killing a guilty vampire, you can't even see it.) TEAM JACOB!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byMuffins December 12, 2009

Good Movie

Good movie. WAAAAY better than Twilight's movie. it sticks to the book a bit better. i've heard people saying that shes a bad actor because she screams in her sleep, thats not bad acting idiots, read the book she's suppose to do that to show she's in pain. she slaps Sam, i think he deserves it. Paul and Jacob get into a fight and Sam stops it. Jared and Embry take her to Emily's. the wolves hunt Laurent and kill him. Harry has a heart attack because of Victoria. You see all the werewolves shirtless and you also see Edward shirtless. there's a fight between Demetri(i think) and Edward. Jane tortures Edward. Jasper almost attacks Bella in the beginning because she's bleeding(i honestly don't get how she can be bleeding pints of blood at a time in the first movie then she gets a tiny paper cut in the second one and he's ALL over it.) Very Good Movie(:
Kid, 12 years old December 11, 2009

i think this is a very good movie. it will make it so you never want it to end. all of the action it is just so cool. i like how they make it when the boy changes in to the wolf
Teen, 13 years old Written byVampireNotPrincess December 11, 2009

tweens and older

It was an okay movie. There was lots of action.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytaylor96 December 11, 2009

I love it!

I love this movie. I think kids of all ages girls and boys will like it. I would also recomend reading the series of books. They are also great.
Kid, 11 years old December 6, 2009

AMAZING worth more than 5 stars

oh my gosh this movie is amazing i luved it i mean if there was a choice higher than 5 stars i would pick it!! this is the best movie of all time!! and i am so in luv with the twilight series but i mean this was over the top it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old December 6, 2009

It was okay but I enjoyed the book way way better
Teen, 13 years old Written byParamoreFan09 December 6, 2009

This was NOT supposed to be a comedy!

I thought it was okay, followed the book, but they made parts that weren't supposed to be funny at all in the book into parts filled with dumb comedy. I felt like this movie was making fun of twilight a little bit. TEAM EDWARD!!!!!! :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byb-ball December 5, 2009

Better than expected

I was pleasantly surprised by this movie. All my friends said it was horrible, but because I’m like what seems like every teenage girl in the nation I loved the books, so I still wanted to see it. I agree that Bella is a bad role model, by how she is so obsessed with Edward to where her whole life depends on him, but I think most teenagers can tell that its isn’t very healthy. Besides that it’s entertaining and for those like me who were disappointed in the Twilight movie I think that New Moon did a good job in redeeming the twilight series. Anyway, I think many teenagers and adults would enjoy this movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybigair December 5, 2009

Don't see what the fad is all about...

The main issue is role models; Bella is a bad role model for teens because she won't let go of her lost love. She is especially bad for tweens (10, 11, 12) to look up to because when they get older and begin dating and a boy breaks up with them, they may even urn suicidal like Bella nearly does. The message is also not-so-positive because it may imply to tweens that if they pout about something long enough, they will get it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhot girl15 December 4, 2009

TEEN'S WILL LOVE IT

I LLLOOOVVVEEEDDD IT
Kid, 10 years old December 3, 2009

great for ages 8or 9

its the best movie although there IS a lot of kissing"in the moment' but i dont think its TOO bad...great movie thought really now haw to put one together
Kid, 10 years old December 2, 2009

10 +

i absoulutley love this book. i think the adults should ease up a bit it is a great book and u shouldnt stop your kids from reading this book for one kiss or that a girl likes a boy or even that theres just a little bit of violence but its fine for 10 year olds like me. i would definitly recomend letting ur kids read this :D
Kid, 12 years old November 30, 2009

New Moon: Off the hook for age 12 and up, but perhaps a bit too much for younger kids (age 10-11 and down)

the only concern about this movie was that some swears were used. Not the bad ones but like what the h***. That was practically it. I'm not allowed to say it in my house so I thought I'd mention it. I'm religious; Christian. My parents thought Twilight would be another vampire movie, but they actually thought it was good. Good family movie and there was nothing bad about it, just the slightest bit of effusive love with Edward and Bella. But in New Moon, you'd think the depression Bella suffers is a dramatic period of time. But it wasn't, she's just sitting in a chair and time passes. The like first half went a little slow, mostly with the bonding with Jacob and Bella part. The action (which wasn't that violent) was pretty good (especially with animation of wolves) and starting picking up when Alice comes back to alert Bella that Edward is going to the volturi. The action picks up. The notorious fight scene with MArcus (one of the Volturi) and Edward isn't that bad. One of the Volturi threatens to make Bella immortal (a vampire) but alice saves her because Alice tells them Bella will become one in the future. New Moon was a little more complicated than Twilight, but great. I loved it, and I thought it was the best. The end was a little abrupt, ending with " Marry Me, Bella" but otherwise, this was a great movie. Humor is intertwined with it, and is a great family movie. It was not mature, but Edward is revealing himself to the commoners in Volterra, and if you read the book, he is shirtless. Older girls whooped but some of the younger ones like 11 and 12 year olds were a bit skeptical to open their eyes. But he quickly gets covered by Bella and then a red rob given to him by one of the volturi. Otherwise, GREAT MOVIE! Read the book as well, although the book describes things more, meaning much more detail (good and bad) read the books because they're great. You can also get a sense of the background the book is presenting before watching it. :)