All member reviews for The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2010

TL

TAYLOR LAUTNER/THE GUY WHO PLAYS JACOB IS HAWT!
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo June 23, 2010

Bad movie for young girls, fine for teens who love drama.

I have not seen this movie, but after seeing the first two, if your child is under the age of 12, then your child probably has no business watching this movie (preferrably older for girls). These movies has this teenage girl moody and throwing everything in her life (including her life) away for a boy. Not the type of role model I want for my three girls. This girl doesn't care that this boy has killed people, for example. Not good. This movie has no positive role models for girls, and it glorifies girls and women giving up everything to go ga ga for a boy/man. Not to mention the scary parts of the movie. I know moms who let their 6 year olds watch this movie, and while it is their decision, I respectfully disagree. Our kids will not watch these movies until much older, if at all.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBaconator June 17, 2010

Pattinson's abs are sprayed-on. Your argument is invalid.

Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byMarinewife1024 March 26, 2010

Okay look, I rated this on for 13 year olds and over because in reality the books were written for that age range. I finally gave in and let my daughter watch both Twilight and New Moon because she's almost 10 now and unfortunately my daughter's best friend watch both of them and my daughter was feeling left out. So using my knowledge of my daughter and my own parental discretion and sat down to watch both movies with her. This is my warning, there are violent moments and if your child is sensative, this is not the movie for them. The only really violent scene is within the first 10 minutes during a scene when the Volturi is carrying out their punishment on another vampire.
Kid, 11 years old January 11, 2010

it's good lol

It's a good movie u have to see the first one to under stand the second one and if u belief in mythical creatures u may like twilight lol
Teen, 14 years old Written byJessica Bates December 24, 2009

Better than Twilight--But No Less Appropriate

I love love love the twilight series, and I know you need to read the books before you watch this movie. Otherwise, Bella seems like a too-dependent girlfriend. Some plot lines are too undeveloped in the movie. However, it's a great improvement from Twilight. Also, there's almost no innapropriate scenes. Some minimal action with the Volturi, but anyone over 11 should be able to handle it. Love the series & movie!
Kid, 12 years old December 23, 2009

Great film! Nice job, director!

I absolutley loved this film! I'm not OVERLY obsessed with Twilight, but I do love it. This film definitley redeemed the first Twilight. Well done, director!
Kid, 10 years old December 4, 2009

OMG

OMG BEST MOVIE EVER IAM A TWILIGHT FANATIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TEAM EDWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh ps parents it has kissing so what? alot of people do GO TWILIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IF I COULD GIVE DIS MOVIE A RATING ONE THOUSAND I WOULD
Kid, 11 years old November 21, 2009

A kids eye-view of New Moon for children and tweens

I really enjoyed this movie. It's very good compared to Twilight (the first movie to the Twilight Saga). Although this intense romance/action movie is very captivating, it does have one or two suggestive themes for tweens and very mature themes for ages nine and younger. The heroine, Bella is depressed throughout the movie and does some very dangerous things just to make herself feel better. Also, one of the last few scenes are very scary when bad vampires try to kill Bella and her true love. A definite nightmare maker for younger children. Very fun for eleven and up. Iffy for ten year olds. Great ending. Must see it!
Parent of a 2 and 17 year old Written byHuman November 19, 2009

Terrible movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byGaladriel July 9, 2015

This is a good movie for teens it is mostly sweet and romantic but one of the offs is the fact that the relationships between Bella and Edward is a VERY unhealthy one. About twenty (or less) minutes into the movie Edward leaves and Bella is totally depressed. She just sits around and hardly eats or drinks and she ignores her friends and her school work! Also, she finds out that if she does something dangerous she will see an image of Edward telling her not to do it, so of course Bella goes ahead and finds all the dangerous things she can do so she can see him! Otherwise I found the movie fun and enjoyable!(:
Kid, 8 years old June 22, 2015

Very racy, violent thriller is just as boring as the first.

My rating:PG-13 for violence, language, and brief nudity.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykitty47 June 3, 2015

Great series!

Kid, 11 years old May 9, 2015

Twilight: New moon

I really do think that Twilight: new moon is a very good movie and eventhough I have just got round watching it I really think it is a movie everyone should watch. It think this would be appropriate for mature 11 year olds. You don't really want to worry about kissing because there is not much of that but it is a dramatic movie. I watched this with my little sister but had to make sure she wasn't looking sometimes but overall it is a really good movie.
Kid, 12 years old November 6, 2014

Very Disappointing

I was hoping this one would be better than the first, but unfortunately, no. It was very boring! There was almost no action! Bella risks her life several times just because Edward broke up! The only good thing about this movie is tat Jacob cuts his hair, which makes him look way better!
Kid, 12 years old October 10, 2014

I really like this movie

Even though there are some shared kisses between Bella and Edward and some intimate hugging between her and Jacob/Jake, I think the only real problem is that a child younger than 14 may slip into depression because of Bella's strange behavior/depression. As long as your child is fine, I think that a 12 year old and up would like this and others in the Twilight series.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymarleyquenten September 18, 2014

good followup

this movie(more enjoyable after you read the book, or if you read the book directly after the movie) is a good followup for the first one. though a little boring. we do not see edward and bella kiss through the movie- plot spoiler- because edward leaves bella. but don't let them see this if under 13 because the last 2 are very inappropriate.
Teen, 13 years old Written byllizz April 2, 2014

ok

bit boring needs to get to the point
Kid, 12 years old February 17, 2014

Better than the first!

No more violence than the first film, no more language, no drinking/drugs/smoking, boys are briefly seen shirtless, Teenagers seen kissing, wolves may frighten, a girl is seen with an Apple laptop.....
Kid, 11 years old February 7, 2014