All member reviews for The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Twilight sequel has more obsession, action, wolves.

Kid, 10 years old November 28, 2009

Blach cough cough

I saw twilight and thought it was the worst movie in the world!!! i hated the director too, now that they have a new director, it was better, but i still hate everything about the series, the auther, the actors... ect.. I have no idea why all those girls think robert pattinson is so cute! is is the most ugly person in the world, he make me shrivel up and if i was in his presesence i would probably go into a coner and die!!!1 his eyebrows are soooooo creppy, taylor lautner is ok, he is kind of cute but has the most annoying voice in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! overall, if u hate the series see it anyway, every one ill be talking about it, and if u dont see it u will be left out...
Teen, 13 years old Written bymarisa444 November 28, 2009

BETTER THAN TWILIGHT

Ok so here is the deal...if you saw Twilight and HATED it and plan on not seeing New Moon....WELL GO SEE IT! It was a milllllion times better than twilight and the acting/actors were alot better...plus its a great movie if anyone wants to see Taylor Lautner with his shirt off for over an hour!
Teen, 14 years old Written byapplepieguy217 November 28, 2009

Don't Bother

This movie is terrible, but teen girls will enjoy.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDeviRosy November 28, 2009

Ages 12-17 would enjoy!!!!

Well, I loved this movie, but I don't think it is for everyone. Bella is emotionally upset, and it shows. Edward has left her and gone off. She is devistated. She says things like, he is my world. Edward may be a perfect boyfriend, but she got clingy and annoying. She is basically saying that she can't live without hm, and that isn't a good message to be sending to kids! There isn't anything to worry about in the "Sexual" catigory except some kissing and shirtless boys. ;) Lanuage gets as bad as "God Damnit" and "Hell" for the drinking catigory, Bella stops at a bar where guys are drinking. Then, not being a good role model, gets on the bike of a random guy whom is about 40. He takes her back to where she got on but still. Violence, well there is ripping off of heads, wolf pack battles, but not much more. Although Jacob want to kill Victoria, and kills Laurant, that isn't to bad. Overall a great movie, but it should definitally be for teens, and 12 year olds. Enjoy and I hope this helped! -DeviRosy
Teen, 15 years old Written byListens to music November 28, 2009

Perfect for twilight fanatics!

First- I liked it a lot. Second, there are scenes of violence and a scene where innocent tourists are being led into a room, then devoured by vampires and you can hear their screams. That's all for the violence. Other than this, it's a great movie for Twilight fanatics!
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written bystarasia November 28, 2009

If your tween read the book, then okay!

If you read the books, then you have to go. It was a perfect adaptation.
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written bylauraf November 27, 2009

Great movie for mature tweens and older

Having read the book series, I think the movie follows the storyline nicely, at least the intention and purpose of the story. It is impossible to incorporate everything from the book in a 2 1/2 hour movie, but the director got all the key points. I would recommend this for mature tweens and older. The story gets more intense as the series progresses, but the overall message of true love succeeding is very clear. Shakespeare would be proud of this version of Romeo and Juliet.
Teen, 14 years old Written byc7mbz74j November 26, 2009
love it the best movie ever
Kid, 11 years old November 26, 2009
the best movie ever made!!!!!!!! ive seen it 3 times already!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bybongos November 26, 2009

not good

the book is better than the film because they changed a ton of good stuff
Teen, 16 years old Written bySmartGirl November 25, 2009

Not a good influence on teen love.

My only issue with the fairly clean scrubbed Twilight series and New Moon is the obsession. It is not healthy for two teenagers to become suicidal when faced with a seperation. Bella knew Edward for less than a year before she decided she loved him, could not live without him wanted to marry him and possibly give up her immortal soul for him. Edward is over-controlling, and a recipe for a rash of future abusive relationships in which girls think it is ok for a boyfriend to micro manage their lives. New Moon is exciting, romantic and entertaining but is giving teens and preteens a misleading prespective of love and romance.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byCritic in progress November 25, 2009

New Moon: In My Opinion

New Moon is an appropriate movie for ages 9+ Although it may be a little graphical and has some violent acts, I think that this is a very good movie for some ages.
Teen, 16 years old Written byHippiechica55 November 25, 2009

PLEASE READ MY REVIEW!!! give this movie a chance!

This movie was absolutely fantastic. I do say this mostly because i am a huge huge huge fan of the books and have read them twice through. But, what i have to say is: 1.It DOES show kissing and boys with their shirt off. but really conservative parents, do your kids not see shirtless boys everytime you take them swimming in public places? you do take them out to interact with others i hope. don't shelter them forever. anyway, and kissing is something they will learn about sooner or later. hopefully you parents do it in front of your kids sometimes, affection, when displayed the right way, which it is in this movie, is a beautiful thing. 2. It does have some violence. but hey,it's about vampires, if you're going to go see a movie about vampires and werewolves, don't expect them to be holding hands and sliding down rainbows. 3. the only even semi BAD message it sends, which would only come across as a bad message to the younger more easily influenced audience, is how dependent Bella is on her boyfriend. Yes i have had boyfriends, but im never as dependent upon them as she is. All in all, great movie. great great great great. step outside the box and you will like it too.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDa Blogger November 25, 2009

IFFY

Pretty Awful movie if you ask me. The violence may be to extreme, but its ok for tweens. Only kissing for sexual behavior
Teen, 15 years old Written bymissmanette November 24, 2009
Kid, 11 years old November 24, 2009

best movie EVER! awsome for tweens!

i love this movie! it's sooo... much better then the first one! me and my mom saw it and i thought that it would be worse in the kissing part but it was very apropreit i loved it! and i'm soo... geting it when it comes out on dvd!
Adult Written bycalliegallie November 23, 2009

Comedy or Romance?

I love this movie and i thought it was hilarious at times. It was way better then twilight. It could have some innapropriate parts but not very innapropiate and not terrible. It does have violence in it but no guts and gory. Just fighting.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfrancissca November 23, 2009

Don't go into the movie unless you now what your getting into

The thing you have to think about going into the movie is, can I sit thru two hours of a girl that is super depressed that her boyfreind dumped her. If you are a Twilight fan you will LOVE this movie if you are iffy wait till the movie is out on dvd. New moon was probably the hardest to make just because nothing happens in the book. DON'T STAND UP AND CLAP WHEN JACOB TAKES HIS SHIRT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymarmarmay November 23, 2009

better than twilight, leaves you hanging, waiting, waiting for more

this movie was amazing! ive seen it twice and i absolutely loved it! the director stuck with the book and it was amazingly done! all of the twihard fans will be left stunned in their chairs wanting more.
Parent of a 3 and 7 year old Written byKingston November 23, 2009

Great for Everyone!!!!!!!!!!

This is a fabulous movie. Kids and young adults will love it. It’s not too violent, it’s not to sexual. It was a nice, funny, love story. I would allow both my kids (aged 3 and 7 to watch this movie). It was fantastic. Even you mom’s will fall in love with the characters!I think this movie is a great way to introduce things like werewolves and vampires to young kids because they show them in a non threatening way. They’ll know after watching that vampires and werewolves are cool, and absolutely nothing to be scared of. Enjoy.