All member reviews for The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Twilight sequel has more obsession, action, wolves.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymarmarmay November 23, 2009

better than twilight, leaves you hanging, waiting, waiting for more

this movie was amazing! ive seen it twice and i absolutely loved it! the director stuck with the book and it was amazingly done! all of the twihard fans will be left stunned in their chairs wanting more.
Parent of a 3 and 7 year old Written byKingston November 23, 2009

Great for Everyone!!!!!!!!!!

This is a fabulous movie. Kids and young adults will love it. It’s not too violent, it’s not to sexual. It was a nice, funny, love story. I would allow both my kids (aged 3 and 7 to watch this movie). It was fantastic. Even you mom’s will fall in love with the characters!I think this movie is a great way to introduce things like werewolves and vampires to young kids because they show them in a non threatening way. They’ll know after watching that vampires and werewolves are cool, and absolutely nothing to be scared of. Enjoy.
Kid, 11 years old November 23, 2009

I LOVED IT SO MUCH I CANT EVEN EXPRESS ANY CONCERNS

LOVED IT!!!!!!!!! SOO MUCH BETTER THAN TWILIGHT
Parent of a 7, 11, and 13 year old Written bylamcharsky November 23, 2009

Really Good Movie- Thumbs up from a Very CONSERVATIVE mom!

Fun movie. I am generally VERY conservative about what I let my 13 yr.old watch - there was not too much gore (the worst was at the beginning- when the bad vampire was dismembered- but they didn't show details), sexuality (a couple intense kissing moments- but not over the top.) - I can't remember any drinking/drugs- or bad language. I was not thrilled with the over all message that Bella displayed- that her whole happiness depended solely on her relationship with Edward. I would recommend this movie to any 13+.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypandorapandaanda November 23, 2009

Pretty Good

True friends put there lives to save there friends. If you havnt read the books and havnt seen the first one it will make no sense
Kid, 12 years old November 23, 2009

perfect for teens and adults iffy on yrs younger

well new moon isnt what i thought it would be. to start off with i think that it was a bit boring but as it gets into the middle it gets to be exciting. but i would have to say that i think the first one was better.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypickle blossom27 November 22, 2009

Not too gory

I'm someone who cant stomach a lot of gore and stuff. i was kinda nervous walking into new moon, but it turned out ok. a lot of violence, but images arent too scary. the worst one was the guilty dude in the beginning whom is dismembered, but you dont see anything. the effect is somewhat gruesome, but not much and when you get through that part, you're fine. the rest is mostly suspense. great movie, but b certain u no its not real. bella's behavior wasnt the best(some ould call it suicidal, even though all she wanted was to c edward. um, rly hot guys!!!!! u should go c it, b ut i rly wouldnt recommend it for some younger ones because of bella's influence. dont get me wrong, im all for the movie! but im not suicidal and the movie doesnt exactly show the consequences of behaving so. the blood totally looks fake, so its all good! lovieees!!!! Makayla
Adult Written byChrissy505 November 22, 2009

ok-ish but really cheesy

It was a pretty ok movie. There's a part where they dismember a vampire mostly onscreen and there's a vampire fight scene, and there's a part where some tourists are being lead to their death (you can here their screams but don't see them being massacred). And there are A LOT of shirtless werewolves walking around (not really a bad thing). There are some parts in this movie that are ridiculously cheesy and are unintentionally really funny. If the movies story wasn't so god this movie would've been unbearable. So keep in mind it's ok to laugh as Edward dramatically walks forward in slow-mo from his car. It's hilarious. One other bad thing though is when Bella takes off with a man she doesn't know and rides his motorcycle with him just to see hear edwards voice in her head.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhorseys101 November 22, 2009

perfect for 10 plus, if their mature.

Omg parents no a days are like oh my gawd my child cant hear the word h*ll used without thinking its ok! parents need to chill, they have no idea about stuff that goes on at school, and trust me the language at school is waaay worse. and kissing isnt bad, kids may wince thou. i think its a great movie and if their mature enough theres nothing to worry about.
Kid, 12 years old November 22, 2009

AWESOME

WOW IT WAS THE BEST but there were some scenes where it seemed Bella was being suicidal to see Edward again but other than that WOW!!!!
Kid, 11 years old November 22, 2009

in a guys point of view it was better because it has much more action. i personaly hated 150% HATED the first twlight but this one was pretty good.
Parent of a 12 and 16 year old Written byKyle Anglemier November 22, 2009

New Moon was awesome! Can't wait for Eclipse next June.

Loved the books and the movie was visually entertaining. Can't wait for the next one to come out in June 2010. And hopefully the last one will be released shortly after the that...
Parent of a 13 year old Written bytwzzlrgirl November 22, 2009

Ugh...2 hours of my life I will never get back.

First, let me say, as an adult, I hated this movie. Long, insipid, depressing -- the dialogue is painful and the acting is worse. It was difficult for me to sit through the entire flick. Second, I would never recommend this movie to tween girls. When Bella, in a state of extreme upset, decides to hop on the motorcycle of a stranger outside of a bar (in the hopes of re-creating the perilous situation from the first movie that brought Edward to her when she was in town dress shopping), I was appalled. Who's depiction of love is this???? Oh, that's right: Mormon, Stephenie Meyers, who thinks everything is ok and fair game as long as you hold on to your virginity until marriage. Not for anyone under the age of 15, or older than 25.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byTheTrutherofTruth November 21, 2009

Perfect for older kids not so much for tweens.

I think this movie was pretty okay even if it was a little melodramatic. The only problem was I had to pay for it. If you go to http(colon)//www(dot)rewards1(dot)com/index(dot)php? referrer_id=202889 you can get it for absolutely free. All I had to do was sign up and spend some of my leisure time and now I'm buying movies and other stuff like crazy. New moon at times was poorly acted and even under dramatic(a sure surprise there) The upgraded violence definitely shocked me seeing as I never did read the book. Watching this movie would probably be a breeze for children 15 and older but for 12-14 year olds, use your discretion.
Adult Written bymractorman November 21, 2009

OK for highschoolers, parental supervision recommended for tweens

I was generally pretty neutral about the movie. While I enjoyed it better than the first installment of the Twilight Saga, the same pitfalls from the first movie came back to haunt the second. Personally, I found the acting by Bella and Edward to be extremely poor, and the supposedly emotionally-charged moments between Bella and Edward, Bella and Jacob, and Edward and Jacob simply didn't have much oomph to them. I did tire of the audience of tween girls oohing and aahing every time Jacob took off his shirt--even showed up, and there was a lot more blood/wounds/etc. in this installment. The director also added/changed a few scenes, which I liked, but I might be biased seeing how I am a college-age guy.
Teen, 13 years old Written byaidanqm1996 November 21, 2009

Very well done! New Moon is definitely has stepped up a notch from Twilight.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byNisha1 November 21, 2009

Older teenagers - yes

As an fan I love the book series and was surprised to have been so impressed with this movie. As a parent I would not allow my daughter (8) to watch or read these books/movies until at least age 16. I think there is too much sexual inuendo, especially so knowing what comes in future books. There are many mature concepts that make this innappropriate for anyone under 14
Adult Written bywoodsyearthmama November 21, 2009

I would NOT recommend this for kids under14

It is a great teen love story....complete with all the normal drama albeit on of the main characters is a vampire. They are abstinent. Good legends!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAuddrey. November 21, 2009

I love all the books and this was better than the first movie. I recommened it for teens and mature tweens.
Adult Written bymorgan.cenedra November 21, 2009

Good for most people over 13, USE A LOT OF CAUTION!!!!!

Well as a dedicated twilight fan I went to see the midnight opening showing with my 15 year old younger sister. I thought the movie was done well however I don't think that this movie is appropriate at ALL for any young teens(especially girls) I think the rating PG-13 should be taken HIGHLY serious. After Edward leaves Bella she stoops in to a 3 MONTH depression and keeps doing very dangerous(as well as very stupid) stunts to try and see Edward in her mind(which only occurs when she gets an adrenaline rush) She plays around with Jacob's(the other main guy) emotions in order to get what she wants, she even states to him that she is acting that way towards him for selfish reasons. For an 18yr old girl to be stooping in to a 3 month depression, throwing herself of cliffs, jumping and leaving on a motorcycle with a much older man who is a stranger who is looking for a "good time", driving fast on a motorcycle and getting thrown off all because of a guy is NOT a message that should be conveyed to young teen girls that are obsessed with the twilight craze. This movie also has MUCH more violence than the original twilight. There is a scene where a group of tourists get led in to a room of vampires(including very little children) and we hear screaming as they are being killed and eaten. We also see a group of vampires literally rip anothers limbs off. As someone who is able to stomach A LOT in movies, some of the scenes made me feel sick. I DO NOT RECCOMMEND THIS MOVIE FOR ANYONE UNDER 13, EVEN IF THEY BEG TO SEE IT!!!!! USE A LOT OF CAUTION IN GOING TO SEE THIS MOVIE WITH ESPECIALLY YOUNG GIRLS!!!!!