All member reviews for The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Twilight sequel has more obsession, action, wolves.

Kid, 8 years old May 5, 2013

safety for children 8 and up

I think its the best one ever but they got to tell the other persons the details some before they watch them and tell the kids to tell you stop or something like that if its to like something too nasty or like that.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow April 18, 2013

The newest moon is decent, but not full

I found it puzzling how many people were disgusted by the first Twilight. It certainly wasn't hated by everyone, but the bad reviews were pretty bad. Several people even found it unintentionally funny because of its dialogue. I never found a problem with the dialogue or the plot; in fact, I thought it was very good. But reviews for the second film, New Moon, were worse; and honestly, I can't really blame the critics on that one very much. I mean, I still marginally enjoyed the movie, but less so than the first film. Its tone is much darker than that of the first film, focusing more on darkness and depression. This tone is somewhat enjoyable to watch, but its stuffed to the brim with ridiculousness; after Edward leaves in order to protect Bella, she starts to do dangerous things so that she can see visions of Edward telling her not to do it. The fact that she would throw herself off a cliff, smash her head into a rock, and get on a drunk's motorcycle just so she can see visions of Edward feels so outright ridiculous to me. And while I still like Kristen Steward, Robert Pattinson, and Billy Burke, I think that Taylor Lautner was overly-sentimental, flat, and at times even laughable as Jacob, even though he looked the part pretty well. But a large part of those negative traits is due to the fact that he is a terribly written character; he acts so pushy around Bella to get her to admit she loves him, which is exactly the wrong thing to do in a situation where her boyfriend is gone and she is having screaming nightmares about him. And I think the part where the characters are in Italy talking to the Volturi is dragged out and incomprehensible. Yet the film still does have its plusses; outside of the parts where she tries to kill herself to see visions of Edward, the scenes where she tries to make friends with Jacob and cope with Edward's absence felt genuine, and you can see Lautner at least trying to act supportive and caring. Like I said earlier, setting Lautner aside, the performances were good, especially Michael Sheen, who was delightfully hammy and devious as Arrow, the leader of the Volturi. The CGI for the werewolves was appropriately awesome, and the action scenes, while scarce, were delectable. In the end, it doesn't hold up as one of the series' best, but it's still decent.
Kid, 12 years old January 15, 2013

silvonadux I'M SURROUNED BY MOODINESS!!! AUGHH!!!

Bella: Edward left meeee! Edward in her head: don't be sad. It's for the best. Bella: I'm gonna jump off a cliff! Edward in her head: Don't do it, you idiot! Bella: WEEEEEEEEeeeeeee. . . *splash* Jacob: *faceplam*
Teen, 15 years old Written byOfficial Critic December 23, 2012

The Twilight Saga: New Moon Review

New Moon is supposed to be an exciting love story plus monster action. So where’s the excitement? Where’s the action? It's chaste, oddly bloodless, and nearly plotless saga.
Kid, 12 years old October 28, 2012

Great Sequel to Twilight!

This sequel to Twilight is very good. There is a bit of sadness since Bella has lost her one true love Edward and is unable to cope (example: blanking out for months as if she's lifeless and screaming and having nightmares in her sleep) but the melancholy fades away as the movie progresses. There is some kissing, a few swear words, and some violent scenes; but nothing any 12 year old hasn't seen or heard before.
Kid, 11 years old August 19, 2012

twiromance

in twlight bella edward kiss alot but in eclipse alice kisses jasper so you should block your childs eyes during these scenes
Teen, 15 years old Written bylunalover March 20, 2012

...

not the best movie ever especialy after reading the book.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydicapriofreak94 February 28, 2012

Amazing

Wow...they did AMAZING with this movie! Acting; superb. Filming; exquisite. Ability to follow the book; OUTRAGOUS. I am always speechless when I watch any of the the Twilight movies, they did such an amazing job with them, I could almost cry (do I need to admit that I did cry in this movie?:)). They did great with the suspense of the werewolves, the Jacob/Bella/Edward suspense. When Edward leaves Bella...Aw, honestly, can I say they did the greatest job at the saddest scene in the history of any movies?? Because they did! Okay, I'm done praising the movie (I can go on forever), so as for violence; barely any, the wolves fight and kill, vampires have fights, but barely anything is shown. Sexuality; kissing, hugging, but nothing extreme. Language; I think "h---" is said and maybe "d---" but that's about it. Anywho, why are you reading this review? GO WATCH IT! :)
Kid, 12 years old January 21, 2012

Pretty violent, but a good movie!

Yeah, this movie is waaaayyyy scarier for little kids than Twilight. But I'm 12, and I watched it by myself. The werewolves could be pretty scary, though, if your kid is under 10. But this movie is much better than Twilight if you aren't scared!
Teen, 13 years old Written byXDMorsemordreXD December 29, 2011

Just No.

In my opinion, this bore of a film is simply a novelty for Twilight fans. It drags and is overly boring.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhomealonefan123 December 26, 2011

this is not to be a PG-13

awful movie. full of nudity and sexuality.
Teen, 14 years old Written byFun4Me December 1, 2011

Fell asleep on my popcorn

The book was BORING and the movie was EVEN MORE BORING.
Teen, 13 years old Written byResidentEvilPotter November 26, 2011

Not for Team Edward Fans, Little More Action than the First

Another movie I saw for Rob Pattinson and Dakota Fanning. One of her worst movies, even if her acting was great. There is too much Jacob in this movie, and he just has to have his shirt off all the time, right? Edward and Bella kiss near the end, and Edward gets tortured by Jane. Oh, boo hoo. Just as bad as the book.
Kid, 12 years old November 25, 2011

Pretty good

Well I think that New Moon was good. I do not recomend it for younger children because Bella does many reckless things, but is ok for 11/12 +
Kid, 12 years old November 13, 2011

Age 13, really??

I watched this movie with my 9 yr old sister, and she wasn't bothered at all. Also, the language isn't that bad and there's no gory parts. I think the movie overall is ok, but the books are always better, especially for twilight.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCf-Panda777 August 19, 2011

Sucks...Bad

Horrible role models Horrible plot Horrible messages Just...no
Kid, 10 years old August 16, 2011

Horrible. No stars, if I could.

Worst one.
Kid, 10 years old August 14, 2011

Okay

It's an okay movie. Worth seeing.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byroyalblue246 June 16, 2011

the worst series in the world

this it very irritating and has a stupid plot and story line as do all the other twilight movies. none of the actors in these movies can act or do even an okay job at portraying the character they are supposed to be. the media has hyped this up just for all the smart people in the world to figure out that it is a total wast of time and money. the main character sets a terrible example showing that with out your man you are not good for any thing and you can not go on in your life, every thing is bad about this movie
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 June 1, 2011

Forget what the reviews say--it's better than the first. Much better acted, much less plot scrapped.

My rating: PG-13 for sensuality and some brief action violence.