All member reviews for The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Twilight sequel has more obsession, action, wolves.

Kid, 12 years old January 21, 2012

Pretty violent, but a good movie!

Yeah, this movie is waaaayyyy scarier for little kids than Twilight. But I'm 12, and I watched it by myself. The werewolves could be pretty scary, though, if your kid is under 10. But this movie is much better than Twilight if you aren't scared!
Teen, 13 years old Written byXDMorsemordreXD December 29, 2011

Just No.

In my opinion, this bore of a film is simply a novelty for Twilight fans. It drags and is overly boring.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhomealonefan123 December 26, 2011

this is not to be a PG-13

awful movie. full of nudity and sexuality.
Teen, 14 years old Written byFun4Me December 1, 2011

Fell asleep on my popcorn

The book was BORING and the movie was EVEN MORE BORING.
Teen, 13 years old Written byResidentEvilPotter November 26, 2011

Not for Team Edward Fans, Little More Action than the First

Another movie I saw for Rob Pattinson and Dakota Fanning. One of her worst movies, even if her acting was great. There is too much Jacob in this movie, and he just has to have his shirt off all the time, right? Edward and Bella kiss near the end, and Edward gets tortured by Jane. Oh, boo hoo. Just as bad as the book.
Kid, 12 years old November 25, 2011

Pretty good

Well I think that New Moon was good. I do not recomend it for younger children because Bella does many reckless things, but is ok for 11/12 +
Kid, 12 years old November 13, 2011

Age 13, really??

I watched this movie with my 9 yr old sister, and she wasn't bothered at all. Also, the language isn't that bad and there's no gory parts. I think the movie overall is ok, but the books are always better, especially for twilight.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCf-Panda777 August 19, 2011

Sucks...Bad

Horrible role models Horrible plot Horrible messages Just...no
Kid, 10 years old August 16, 2011

Horrible. No stars, if I could.

Worst one.
Kid, 10 years old August 14, 2011

Okay

It's an okay movie. Worth seeing.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 June 1, 2011

Forget what the reviews say--it's better than the first. Much better acted, much less plot scrapped.

My rating: PG-13 for sensuality and some brief action violence.
Teen, 17 years old Written byAmericanplaya217 April 28, 2011

Perfect for preteens

This is perfect for kids who love action and drama it's very low on sexual content only contains obsession and teen kissing
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 9, 2011

i love the twlight seres but you should probably read the books first

What to watch out for * Messages: Bella, while in some ways very mature, is the poster child for obsessive love in this movie. She intentionally acts recklessly in order to see Edward in her mind, which isn't a positive message to send young girls. And her relationship with Edward, while loving, continues to determine her happiness, as evident in her three months of catatonic depression after their break-up early in the film. Edward is downright suicidal at the thought of losing Bella forever, and his decision to provoke the Volturi is literally self-destructive. Platonic friendships are shown as being fraught with sexual tension, which is also iffy for tweens and adolescents. All of that said, there's a lot of selflessness here, too, with characters putting themselves at risk to help others. * Role models: Even though Bella is an incredibly loyal friend and girlfriend, she also has far too much of her self esteem wrapped up in her intense relationships with Edward and Jacob. She never feels that she's worthy of Edward, and she admits to feeling selfish in the way that she clings to Jacob even while telling him she can never love him "that way." That said, Edward and Jacob are both very protective of Bella, who is in turn protective of each of them. They all get a chance to save each other and don't hesitate to do so. And Charlie and Bella's father-daughter relationship, while not completely honest on Bella's part, is very close. * Violence: Notably more action and violence than in the first film. Early in the movie, Jasper almost attacks Bella, leading to a fight between him and Edward. Accident-prone Bella falls, bleeds, and gets bruised several times and in one case almost drowns to death. Victoria and the Wolf Pack have a big fight, as do the werewolves and Laurent. Bella slaps Sam; Paul then becomes aggressive and lunges at her in werewolf form, only to be caught in a fight with wolf-Jacob. The Volturi's minions dismember a guilty vampire (it's quick and not much is shown, but the effect is gory), almost kill Edward and Bella, and make Edward writhe in pain. Close More Notably more action and violence than in the fi… * Sex: Although there's nothing explicit, all of Bella and Edward's scenes are filled with passionate looks, hugs (including one in which he's shirtless), and brief-but-intense kisses. Jacob holds Bella's hand and stares at her longingly, and they share several close embraces (two while he's shirtless) and at least three "almost kisses." Other couples are shown holding hands, hugging, and kissing. No shortage of shirtless, buff guys, courtesy of the La Push Wolf Pack. * Language: Just like the books, the worst is a few exclamations of "what the h--l," "da-mit," and "oh my God," plus derogatory barbs like "weird," "wet dog," "bloodsucker," etc. * Consumerism: Volvo once again supplies Edward's car of choice (this time it's an XC60); other featured car brands include Porsche and Mercedes. Bella's computer is an Apple MacBook, and she and Alice fly Virgin America to Italy (which is amusing, since that division of Virgin doesn't fly to Europe). The movie also has huge merchandising tie-ins with Volvo, Burger King, and Hot Topic. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: Not an issue.
Kid, 12 years old March 12, 2011
I haven't seen it yet but i'm gonna go see it at my friends house next weekend. She already watched it and told me it's really good. Can't wait to see it! <3Nessie<3
Kid, 12 years old March 12, 2011

;)

This is my favorite book in the series. The move follows the book closely and...well...I LOVED IT!!!!
Kid, 11 years old March 7, 2011

Just plain terrible

This is the stupidest movie i've ever seen. Most of the time i looked at the screen Bella was whining or Jacob was shirtless. Just, wow. I hated this movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 6, 2011

very good movie is very intense...

this is the best twilight yet. that might change when the 3rd comes out.
Kid, 11 years old March 6, 2011

I didn't like this movie

Did i like New Moon? No. I've never been a fan of the Twilight Saga and Team Edward and Team Jacob and that might be the reason why. I just didn't think it was very wise of Bella's time to sit in front of the window in a chair after Edward left her. I didn't like this movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp February 14, 2011