All member reviews for The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Twilight sequel has more obsession, action, wolves.

Teen, 17 years old Written byAmericanplaya217 April 28, 2011

Perfect for preteens

This is perfect for kids who love action and drama it's very low on sexual content only contains obsession and teen kissing
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 9, 2011

i love the twlight seres but you should probably read the books first

What to watch out for * Messages: Bella, while in some ways very mature, is the poster child for obsessive love in this movie. She intentionally acts recklessly in order to see Edward in her mind, which isn't a positive message to send young girls. And her relationship with Edward, while loving, continues to determine her happiness, as evident in her three months of catatonic depression after their break-up early in the film. Edward is downright suicidal at the thought of losing Bella forever, and his decision to provoke the Volturi is literally self-destructive. Platonic friendships are shown as being fraught with sexual tension, which is also iffy for tweens and adolescents. All of that said, there's a lot of selflessness here, too, with characters putting themselves at risk to help others. * Role models: Even though Bella is an incredibly loyal friend and girlfriend, she also has far too much of her self esteem wrapped up in her intense relationships with Edward and Jacob. She never feels that she's worthy of Edward, and she admits to feeling selfish in the way that she clings to Jacob even while telling him she can never love him "that way." That said, Edward and Jacob are both very protective of Bella, who is in turn protective of each of them. They all get a chance to save each other and don't hesitate to do so. And Charlie and Bella's father-daughter relationship, while not completely honest on Bella's part, is very close. * Violence: Notably more action and violence than in the first film. Early in the movie, Jasper almost attacks Bella, leading to a fight between him and Edward. Accident-prone Bella falls, bleeds, and gets bruised several times and in one case almost drowns to death. Victoria and the Wolf Pack have a big fight, as do the werewolves and Laurent. Bella slaps Sam; Paul then becomes aggressive and lunges at her in werewolf form, only to be caught in a fight with wolf-Jacob. The Volturi's minions dismember a guilty vampire (it's quick and not much is shown, but the effect is gory), almost kill Edward and Bella, and make Edward writhe in pain. Close More Notably more action and violence than in the fi… * Sex: Although there's nothing explicit, all of Bella and Edward's scenes are filled with passionate looks, hugs (including one in which he's shirtless), and brief-but-intense kisses. Jacob holds Bella's hand and stares at her longingly, and they share several close embraces (two while he's shirtless) and at least three "almost kisses." Other couples are shown holding hands, hugging, and kissing. No shortage of shirtless, buff guys, courtesy of the La Push Wolf Pack. * Language: Just like the books, the worst is a few exclamations of "what the h--l," "da-mit," and "oh my God," plus derogatory barbs like "weird," "wet dog," "bloodsucker," etc. * Consumerism: Volvo once again supplies Edward's car of choice (this time it's an XC60); other featured car brands include Porsche and Mercedes. Bella's computer is an Apple MacBook, and she and Alice fly Virgin America to Italy (which is amusing, since that division of Virgin doesn't fly to Europe). The movie also has huge merchandising tie-ins with Volvo, Burger King, and Hot Topic. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: Not an issue.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bygetalifeyoufreaks March 15, 2011

ITS GOOD FOR EVERY AGE

its good for your inner soul man, loosen your kids up its nothing they dont see you controlling weirdoes! its an inspiring novel and if you think its bad because Bella and Edward hug your lame because i hug my Husband all the time in front of my 2year olds
Kid, 12 years old March 12, 2011

I haven't seen it yet but i'm gonna go see it at my friends house next weekend. She already watched it and told me it's really good. Can't wait to see it! <3Nessie<3
Kid, 12 years old March 12, 2011

;)

This is my favorite book in the series. The move follows the book closely and...well...I LOVED IT!!!!
Kid, 11 years old March 7, 2011

Just plain terrible

This is the stupidest movie i've ever seen. Most of the time i looked at the screen Bella was whining or Jacob was shirtless. Just, wow. I hated this movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 6, 2011

very good movie is very intense...

this is the best twilight yet. that might change when the 3rd comes out.
Kid, 11 years old March 6, 2011

I didn't like this movie

Did i like New Moon? No. I've never been a fan of the Twilight Saga and Team Edward and Team Jacob and that might be the reason why. I just didn't think it was very wise of Bella's time to sit in front of the window in a chair after Edward left her. I didn't like this movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp February 14, 2011

nonstop sensuality.
Kid, 12 years old February 12, 2011

I DIDN'T LIKE THE MOVIE CUZ OF WHO FILM IT
Teen, 17 years old Written byKnowler February 2, 2011

More nonsense plots.

Hate it. The Cullens were nowhere to be seen except Alice. Plus, Bella should have gone to Edward's house to find the other Cullens,not just edward only.And, I don't know why Jacob Black would fall for a helpless teenage girl and he would do anything for her despite her rejecting his love confession.
Adult Written bysouthparkfan14 January 30, 2011

Very stupid movie

this movie sucked so much first of all the charechters are a bunch of whiney teens ( especially the crazy obsessed Bella) the acting is bad the story well here i'll tell you the story Bella turned 18 and what did she do whine because she is older than edward then after the b-day party which she whined about edward said he was moving and bella goes into this deppression for half the book whining and bitching about edward not being there, i felt like slaping her, then jacob some guy she knew when she was a kid wants to date her and she has fellings for him and then it becomes a love triangle... serioulsy the series is to over hyped the 3 main charecters are annoying, unheathly obsessed and do stupid ass things that dont even make sense... its sad that this became popular
Kid, 9 years old January 26, 2011

worst blood sucker ever

2 me this 1s bad who would want 2 see love a monster than hunting vanpiers and monsters
Kid, 10 years old January 11, 2011

Twilight Saga: New Moon Review

I loved it!
Teen, 16 years old Written byWebCriticGirl76 January 6, 2011

Slightly Boring With A Sprinkle of Amazing

I loved New Moon almost as much as I loved Twilight. It is an excellent movie, you could tell Stephanie Meyer was climbing the stairs of popularity, and success. Why? After the movies came out, more people discovered the books, and her writing got more popular, and made her more $$$! It is lesson teaching, heart-breaking, heartwarming, you will laugh. You will cry in sadness and cry tears of joy. I love New Moon, and want to encourage you all to watch the Twilight movies. It is an incredible story, and here is a hint, the next movie is going to blow you away. But I must admit, out of the three, this one was my least favorite. It is slightly boring.
Teen, 14 years old Written byskwished3 January 5, 2011

Boooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Horrible! So boring! Kiss me Bella! Kiss me! Love me! Love ME Bella! I mean boring boring boring boring! Action: :( Boo!
Kid, 12 years old January 3, 2011

Very good.

Let me just start it out with...I AM ONE OF THE HUGEST TWIFANS IN THE USA!!!!!But, when I saw New Moon, I was honestly a little dissappointed. The end was the worst, nothing like the end in the book. Believe me, i have read the books AT LEAST 10 times each. He ends off with MArry me and she gasps and then credits. very stupid ending. However, once I got the DVD, I read over the book again, It was pretty good. Definitly not the best Twilight, but it was good. Bella is VERY depressed like state for the majority of the movie. She hops onto a bike with a random biker, she jumps off of a cliff, she completley trashes her socal life. But in the end she shows courage, strength, dedication. THe obssesiveness towards Edward is very intense, but, not bad. All in all, dont let kids under 8 see it, it is still a little violent. Happy Twilighting!
Teen, 16 years old Written bybobkitty1123 December 27, 2010

Do not watch

In all honesty I would not let my children watch this movie. It's all about some self-center, whiny teenage girl whom needs a boyfriend to validate herself. The men in which she "needs" in her life are not good in general. Edward is an obsessive, abusive, undead stalker who tries to kill himself if he can't be with bella. Not a good message. Jacob isn't as bad and proves to be a more genuine character but his entire role in the movie involves him pressuring Bella and ripping off his shirt. The movie overall is badly done, the acting stinks, the plot is even worse and has no positive messages. If older kids want to see it, that is fine but watch out for the obsession that many kids have.
Kid, 12 years old December 21, 2010

Plainly Stupid

This movie is an insult to werewolfs and vampires everywhere!! Plus it's stupid!!! I watched this at a sleepover and it did NOT keep my attention at all. If Jacob and the other wolfs had eaten Bella, Edward and a bunch of other people it would be worth watching. The actors are idiotic and Rob P. is the ugliest man in the world, he's uglier than Justin Bieber!!!! This movies so stupid I just forgot to give it a star rating, and the website had to remind me to, but honestly, I wish I didn't have to even give it any stars!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byנαηє December 3, 2010

PG-13 Titles Are Wrong

If you think I'm wrong about this, I'll tell you, "This may hurt . . . just a little," like I said to human, Bella Swan. Anyway, I think it's for 12+, great movie by the way. I'm awesome in it!