All member reviews for The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Twilight sequel has more obsession, action, wolves.

Written byAnonymous March 28, 2010

Stupid!!!! wast of your time
Teen, 14 years old Written bym1 March 27, 2010

I can't believe you people are rating this above a 3. I would rate it a 2.5 on this scale. This movie is fine for teens, but it is disappointing to the point that it's not worth watching in theaters. P.S. This is NOT an improvement of Twilight.
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byMarinewife1024 March 26, 2010

Okay look, I rated this on for 13 year olds and over because in reality the books were written for that age range. I finally gave in and let my daughter watch both Twilight and New Moon because she's almost 10 now and unfortunately my daughter's best friend watch both of them and my daughter was feeling left out. So using my knowledge of my daughter and my own parental discretion and sat down to watch both movies with her. This is my warning, there are violent moments and if your child is sensative, this is not the movie for them. The only really violent scene is within the first 10 minutes during a scene when the Volturi is carrying out their punishment on another vampire.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJustin Loco March 23, 2010

Teen, 14 years old Written bySMART JR. March 22, 2010

Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

I LOVE IT IT'S THE BEST TO ME THEIRS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT.
Teen, 14 years old Written byethan carpenter March 22, 2010

ethan carpenter speaks the truf!!!!!

i love it. the movie is great . yea it displays a little bad messages. but its great. but i think they couldve made it better they shouldnt cut so many parts and create new ones. they did a good job but couldve done better. and bella might not be a good role model but the rest pretty much r
Teen, 14 years old Written bybubbleboy March 21, 2010

Better Than "Twilight"...But Still...

The "Twilight" books were never a draw because of unprecedented originality. It's a love story, and there's vampires, and there's werewolves. It's conventional, as is the amped-up, crowd-pleasing (though at times dreadfully slow) "Twilight Saga: New Moon". It picks up right were the first left off, and is a very straightforward, eminently likeable romance/fantasy. The visuals here blow those of "Twilight" clear out of the water, though that gritty sense of teen angst and beautiful blue filter seems fatally absent--it is, after all, a beautiful story of teen angst. The introduction of the Volturi (the sort of Italian "Vampire Overlords") in this installment lifts the action considerably (especially in the third act), and the long, dreadful stretches of boredom one finds in the book are considerably toned down--though not entirely absent--here. This film is basically what the fans of the books are looking for: Hot, shirtless guys mixed with fits of action and an overdose of romance (it's also worth noting that the screenwriter does a very nice job of capturing things that teenagers actually SAY--a skill Ms. Meyer sorely lacks); but for those not yet "induced" to the Twilight world, this film, as with its predecessor, will do little to convince them.
Kid, 12 years old March 21, 2010

its kinda iffy for 6-8 year olds.

the 1st time i saw it, all i could think about was taylor shirtless. i just blacked out and thought about taylor for 3 hours, i had to see the movie again....
Kid, 9 years old March 20, 2010

AWesome

love New moon at some Parts it was a little too dramatic but Awesome Awesome Watch it nowwwwwwwwwwww
Kid, 10 years old March 18, 2010

Perfect for the older girls

I am on page 180 and i read the bit when jacob is shirtless i understand many people think this is i have to say 11+ for this one twilight is great for 10 year olds.
Parent of a 17 year old Written byhhhh2010 March 17, 2010

very good
Teen, 13 years old Written byhomegirl13 March 16, 2010

on the fence

not a huge fan
Kid, 9 years old March 14, 2010

Great for tweens!

A great moive!People under nine or ten may not understand this movie.
Adult Written byTy3401 March 3, 2010

This movie must be a comedy! Because there is no way that people could even begin to immerse themselves in this movie without be completely fake and false about themselves. The only talent in this movie is Rob Pattenson (or however you spell his name) and the talent is wasted. ATTN PARENTS: if you want your teenage daughter to believe in romance and love have them watch Sleeping Beauty; because this movie will teach your little girls to be obsessed with a guy and even if he doesn't want to be with you its okay to push and push the envelope of romance whilst playing every other guy in sight. The reason why is said it is good only for kids 17+ is because someone that is an adult might understand how fake this movie is, and the bad role models that are potrayed.
Parent Written byPlague March 2, 2010

The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Once again, a waste of money and acting talent. These Twilight movies are nothing but the same romantic undead love with violence. I still see no point.
Kid, 12 years old February 27, 2010

good for age 11 and up

It is a very good movie. I'm a twilight geek I loooooove it the whole saga is sweet. here is a summery of the book and movie: bella is dating edward and then he thinks its danguse for belle to be around him so he leves, which tares bella a part the way bella decribes ti is that she has a hole in her chest. and thn jacob comes into the picture and makes bella fell beter. when she goes into port angles one night she does somthing that makes her relize that if she has an edrenelen rush she can hear and see in her head with perfect clarenty edward saying recles, don't do it, and yelling at her.so she does differn't things to triger the edrenelin one of them is cliff diving the time she tried it she got sucked under by the courent .alice saw bella jumping off the cliff and she told roseilywho told edwared who thought bella was dead so he was going to go to the voltoi to die. (the vlotoi are like the law inforsment so if edward did any thing agenst the vampire law the voltoi would kill him.) but in the mean time jacob saved bella, he pulled her out of the courent but edward didn't know that, so alice and bella flew to italy where edward and the voltroi were. to save edward. It is really good. but most boys don't like it, so go with girls instead.( Its a chick flick.0
Parent of a 12 year old Written bychildrensrock February 24, 2010

new moon, for girls 11+

my "little" 12 years old girl LOVES it!! the only thing that i "hate" about this movie is that she loves it so much, and she keeps on talking about the movie FIVE stars!
Teen, 16 years old Written bytwinklestar4884 February 17, 2010

Children under 13 should just read the book instead

It was a twilight fans dream. i'm not really sure what to say about it though. This is the kind of movie your daughter wants to see with a group of friends and away from her parents. it is a mature and romantic movie, that parents may not approve of. Terrible role models. all of them. Bella and Edward have a VERY unhealthy relationship. period. I think Rosalie was actually the best role model in the film (as hard to believe as that is.) she was only shown abotu once or twice and what she said at the end about Bella willingly wanting to be a vampire was one of my favorite moments. Well....there were plenty of hot, shirtless men in the movie. several girls ages 13-19 screamed when Jabcob removed his shirt....and I was one of them. This may be another reason why your daughter may not want to watch this movie with you. she doesn't want you to see her screaming and drooling over a boy for fear that you may baby or scold her. The violence is what you should expect from a vampire movie.....blood, teeth baring, etc. langauge is appropriate for teenagers. enough said. wow, that was a lot. I'm sorry if anyone was offended by my opinion or spelling. I can't wait for Eclipse. Im just worried about how bad Breaking Dawn is going to be.
Teen, 16 years old Written bytiffany18 February 8, 2010

Romance of the Year

New Moon is a wonderful and heartwarming romance. Everyone should watch this movie. The director did a tremendous job, the lighting was really good. The special effects were amazing. This movie is best to be seen in theaters. This movie is about two people who have to be separated and how they struggle to save each other. In the end they realize they are meant to be together forever. This is my favorite movie of all time. I recommend this movie to everyone. It’s a must see film!
Kid, 12 years old February 8, 2010

Great Movie!

Such a good movie! a definate must see!! GO TEAM EDWARD!!!!!!!!!!!