All member reviews for The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Twilight sequel has more obsession, action, wolves.

Parent of a 13 year old Written byJindwen May 18, 2010

Use caution...not appropriate for young girls!!!

These movies are SO not appropriate for young girls. When the first movie came out, we took our daughter and she 12. All Bella did the entire movie was LUST over Edward! They longed for the kiss in the end of the movie. Now, the second movie, we get to hear Edward and Bella moan every time they kiss. And don't forget about Jacob. Now all they do is flirt with each other. What message are we sending young girls? We need to keep our kids young...not forcing them to grow up so quickly. They'll have plenty of years to be grown ups. Lastly, this is supposed to be a vampire movie...not a romance.
Teen, 13 years old Written byUryjah March 23, 2010
I LOVE the Twilight series. Books and movies! Personally, I'd say that the movies are better than the books, because they do less cursing. In the first Twilight movie, there is only one scene of profanity. Only one exclamation of "What the h***." But this one has more exclamation of it plus remarks that include: Da**it, What the h*** and Oh my God. There's only one use of the d-word, but frequent uses of What the h***. But still, the movie is far more mild than the book.
Teen, 17 years old Written byconfetti13 March 17, 2010

Only good for a child who is mature for their age

I really enjoyed watching this movie, and I think that kids 10+ could handle it. If your child hasn't seen couple's kissing or shirtless boys/men before this may not be for them. But, I think that most kids can handle it. Besides, most younger kids would not grasp the unhealthy relationship Bella and Edward have.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMurdockFace June 11, 2010

No one should waste their time

Peice of crap
Kid, 12 years old December 4, 2010
I really didn't like this one don't know why but I just didn't
Teen, 14 years old Written byCornpop157 June 7, 2010

sucky story line. Basically only about a desprate, clingy girl in a abusive relationship with a vampire. A bad vampire who *Sparkles* Real vampires don't sparkle. Don't watch this or read the books
Parent of a 3, 6, 8, and 12 year old Written byMidnightMom March 27, 2010

Fine for the kids, nothing overly violent.

I loved the whole saga and my kids do too. They distinguish this all from reality just fine and it has made them less afraid of monsters I think! New Moon was great...I will let them watch Eclipse too, but will hold off on Breaking Dawn til they are a teen if it plays out like the book.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn November 26, 2009
Freaking amazing! The end.
Teen, 14 years old Written byScreennameGirl March 3, 2012

Usual PG-13 Movie

This is a violent movie for kids and tweens. It also has some bad language. It has no shortage of shirtless males. But all of that's usual for a PG-13 movie. If you don't like sappy romance movies, it's best you don't buy this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byiloveigs October 1, 2010

it is a ok movie not better then the first one
Kid, 12 years old June 6, 2010

Wrapping Yourself in Cheese Cloth is More Enjoyable Than Watching This Film

The years of movie adaptations from books are in full swing, and I must say, I falter to learn as to how one can adopt such lackluster directors, especially when I'm sure there are plenty to go around. If you're manufacturing a movie of this monetary caliber, it would seem second-nature that the investors affiliated with this film would hire top-notch directors to honor the literary success, or ambivalence, depending on your propensity of adoring the Twilight saga; this, melancholy, is not the case.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRosenrott June 4, 2010

How could anyone like this?

This movie is just... terrible. Bella acts absolutely crazy, to the point where me and my family were discussing how the only way this movie could be even remotely watchable was if Bella was /supposed/ to be mentally insane. The relationship between Bella and Edward isn't healthy. It's dysfunctional and just plain unpleasant to watch. Do fellow teenage girls really think that being so clingy and absolutely obsessed over someone to the point where you spiral into an uncontrollable depression and can't even live the moment something goes wrong or things get difficult is part of a good relationship? Really? How does anyone find this appealing? Me and my family almost couldn't manage watching it to the end.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bychildrensrock February 24, 2010

new moon, for girls 11+

my "little" 12 years old girl LOVES it!! the only thing that i "hate" about this movie is that she loves it so much, and she keeps on talking about the movie FIVE stars!
Teen, 14 years old Written bytwilightluver7689 December 28, 2009

OK this movie was 10 X better than twilight! New Moon is not a disappointment at ALL. I do like Twilight, so i'm a little one sided, but seriously i recommend this movie to anyone who likes: Action, Werewolves, Vampires, Taylor Lautner (lol), Rob Pattinson, or even if you just want to laugh because there are a lot more funny parts in New Moon and I personally think that the acting is just better over all. Great Movie, go and see it!
Adult Written bypeppermintqueen November 22, 2009

Age-appropriate for teens

A fun (but terribly cheesy) film that is age appropriate for teens (and wouldn't be that interesting to 10-year-olds). I mostly laughed at it, but if I were 14, I'd have loved this. Pretty tame in terms of the language in PG-13 movies. It's also a nice change from movies aimed at 13-year-olds about teenagers who are sexually active. It is a bit more violent than the other film, but the main concern is the messages -- teen girls shouldn't think it's okay to let a romance control your happiness like that. It also gives girls unrealistic ideas about love.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCole9678 November 28, 2012

I just new mooned you

HAHAHAH this movie IS HILARIOUS!!!! SO CHEESY!!!!!! Jacob's always flashing everybody XD Bella is so mortified about Edward XD And this one scene, Edward show the world his body so that the council will kil him, and he has the worst body ever! (no-hom0) it makes you wonder how he even atracts the ladies. Even i could atract ladies better than him, and i have a fat flubbery body XD stinks to be him. Anyway, this movie is for like...10 year olds and up. For all the girls, watch it so you can squeal over jacob and edward. For all the guys, watch it for a REALLY GOOD LAUGH!!!!! THIS MOVIE IS TOO HILARIOUS!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byawesomeiseverwhere January 28, 2012

its awesome

i love it!! im sure it would be suitable for 12/13+ girls!sure it can get a little bit violent but it isnt too violent and without it the movie would be boring<3<3 btw robert pattinson is beautiful!
Kid, 10 years old January 23, 2012

twilight geek

i love the first second and third movies i think you will to
Teen, 14 years old Written byMerlinFan September 21, 2011

This movie Sucked!

This is literally the worst movie I've ever seen. (and if you've seen "The Legend of Boggy Creek", that's kind of a surprise) There was little action and just not entertaining. I guess if your a complete Twilight fanatic then you'll enjoy this simply because of what it is, But if your just looking for something to watch, move on to something good, like "Star Wars".
Parent of a 14 year old Written byroyalblue246 June 16, 2011

the worst series in the world

this it very irritating and has a stupid plot and story line as do all the other twilight movies. none of the actors in these movies can act or do even an okay job at portraying the character they are supposed to be. the media has hyped this up just for all the smart people in the world to figure out that it is a total wast of time and money. the main character sets a terrible example showing that with out your man you are not good for any thing and you can not go on in your life, every thing is bad about this movie