All member reviews for The Untouchables

Cops vs. the mob in bloody Prohibition-era drama.

Kid, 12 years old November 5, 2011

Great movie

This is a really good movie. It is very gory, but I'm sure that most twelve year old boys will say, "That's so AWESOME!" It is a bit iffy because the violence can be disturbing and it's sad when some of the best characters die. The most disturbing part is when Al Capone mutilates a man's head with a baseball bat. The characters are likeable, and when bad guys die, the revenge is bitter-sweet. I would definitely recommend this movie, especially if you have played L.A. Noire, because it is one of the movies the game is based on.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn September 8, 2011

Overrated prohibition era crime thriller is for adults only.

Love him or hate em, I just really have never been a big fan of Brian De Palma. I know, I know. I just don't know what it is about him. I just don't enjoy his movies. There is just something about them that I can never put in words. The Untouchables, is certainly no exception for me, and even though it is loved by many and even got Sean Connery a Oscar, but I just didn't enjoy it. Although, I'm quiet sure many will. But, this movie is very violent, bloody, profane and is awash with realistic racism for the time and place. Still, the violence really gives us a extremely brief look as to what the mob was like, and gives us plenty of bloody shootouts that aren't appropriate for most teens. Still, if you are into these sort of movies, than fantastic. I just wasn't. That's all there was to it.
Kid, 11 years old December 21, 2011

Good!

This was a very good movie with Kevin Costner and Robert De Niro. The movie contains "the step sequence" which is considered one of the best movie shootouts ever. It is definitely worth seeing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGabriel13 April 19, 2014

Really good movie! Couple bloody scenes, one guys head gets smached with a baseball bat but it isn't very explicit, couple bloody shot. Some swearing but nothing too shocking. Maybe a little bloody for kids but fine for tweens, teenagers and adults.

Teen, 13 years old Written byElventimelord March 24, 2016

Not for the weak-stomached

Great movie with a lot of lessons... and blood. Many people are shot in this movie. Warn your children. Also they mention the f-word a few times.
Adult Written byTheoDoyp January 20, 2016

Great Gangster Film Adapted From What Really Happened

This is a very well made gangster film telling the true story of a group of men trying to get the gang lord Al Capone behind bars. This has some great performances and is just an all around fell good film. I do note that it contains many violent shootouts and other bloody acts of violence with blood most of the time (head shots too) and some moderate swearing that makers this film appropriate for teens only, maybe not (depending on what they can handle) But overall a ripper film with content appropriate for most 15 year olds.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBatman1203 November 30, 2015

Great Movie;Some disturbing scenes

A man is shot in an elevator and it is shown with much blood afterward. Ness is a man who will do anything to help his family and bring Capone down, but he steps over the line at times. A lot of swearing is used in this movie as well, and a major character is Al Capone, who parents won't want their kids imitating for sure.
Kid, 9 years old August 16, 2015

Quality Criminal Movie-Violence Included

The acting in this movie is showing most of the actors at there best, and very notably an excellent performance for the character of Al Capone In the movie there are, content wise: Violent scenes, disturbing murders, people on both sides are murdered, shot, and Al Capone kills a character with a baseball bat. This, as it is a battle against smuggling drinks, there is some drinking. Not to mention many uses of swear words. There are better criminal movies, sure, but this shouldn't mean that this is one of them you should not see. Goodbye!
Adult Written bysarge123 January 24, 2015

Great performances and action. Blood and language present.

The violence in this is quite bloody. Not gratuitously, but realistically. Language includes some uses of the f-word, but again, it's not gratuitous. There are positive messages about teamwork, determination and courage.
Teen, 15 years old Written bythesturgmachine February 22, 2014

Very entertaining movie.

Has a few good messages and has a bit of violence.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMoviegirl100 January 9, 2014

violent

I watched this film in history as we were learning about prohibiton. It is really violent, especially when Capone murders a man at a table full of other men, drinking. There is also a bit of language from Capone which is expected. A good film for mature viewers who can handle violence. 14/15+
Teen, 13 years old Written byglitchmaster February 24, 2013

good enough

pretty brutale and bloody movie 1 scene is for 14 and up the movie itzelf is oke but not super
Parent Written bymartinnnn April 3, 2012

good

good for teens 14 and up