Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for The Usual Suspects

Profane, violent crime thriller has novel twists.

Adult Written byRenataAnsaca March 23, 2012

Loved it!!

Usual Suspects is my favorite movie by a long shot, and has been since the moment I first sat down to watch it. True, there's a certain amound of drugs and violence, but once you watch the movie you realize [SPOILER] how little of it actually happened in the plot versus how much Verbal Kint made up on the spot. Keyser Soze may have never been in Turkey, he may have never even had a wife to be raped, he might not have ever been involved in narcotics, and the five criminals may have never even gone to california and killed those people in the dope deal. By the end of the movie you know so much less than you think you do about the plot. So technically, there were never any narcotics, rape, murder, mafia-like cults... it was just one guy making up stories to tell the police. Sure that's a bad message for kids, encouraging dishonesty, but the movie itself has so many subtle details that it can only help your kids' mental maturity by trying to figure out just what is real and what isn't. It inspired my daughter to do her own independant research about the basis of the movie! She found out that "Keyser Soze" is Turkish for "King Blabbermouth" which is oddly like Verbal Kint, eh? I've never seen my daughter get so passionate about anything, and any movie that can bring out such fervid excitement in a 13-year-old is great by me.

Adult Written byMovie Man September 6, 2009

Impressive, Well-Cast Thriller Has an Infamous Character and an Excellent Twist

This may be the definition of magnificent twists and build-up. Granted, a website had already spoiled the infamous twist to me (which I was very upset about), yet I highly enjoyed the film nonetheless. Now, of course I won't spoil the amazing twist, for I want you to enjoy it. There is a lot of language, some graphic shootings (including an ending shootout), and a mostly off-screen rape, yet this film is fairly tame for an R-rated film. Please watch this movie; you won't regret it.

Adult Written byEvanReviews August 14, 2009

Perfect for Mature Audiences Only

Awesome Movie with an amazing twist at the end. Language is extremely used frequently and some violence invovled including a very brief scene of rape.