All member reviews for The Usual Suspects

Teen, 13 years old Written bycartmanwoodhouse April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byhabrelima July 9, 2011

A Must Watch for Movie Lovers

I understand that there are orthodox, carefully minded parents out there that don't want their kids/teens watching things with violence and profanity, and I realize that f*** is used 90 times, a somewhat high amount, but you have to realize that if a kid hears the word once in a movie, they can hear it again. And I realize that violence is an issue for a lot of families, but if a kid is okay with blood, they can handle this movie. The one major problem that I had with this movie was the rape scene, and if my parents, some very careful, worrisome parents, were able to sit and watch it with me in the room. Just be sure that if you have ADHD or ADD prone kids, ones with shorter attention spans, don't bother sitting through this movie with them, they will just be distracted. Also, the only reason I put too much drugs is that the pot of the movie revolves around them, so to watch it, you must first deal with it. Just be sure to enjoy the movie, preferably late at night in the dark.
Teen, 15 years old Written byevolinag August 26, 2011

Excellent thriller features language, some violence.

"The Usual Suspects" is an amazing thriller, not just because of its superb ending (no spoilers), but also because of its great actors (Oscar-winning performance of Kevin Spacey), its terrific dialogues, John Ottman's wonderful soundtrack and Brian Synger's directing skills. But, of course, also because of the ending. It is the language that caused the R-Rating, so if your child can handle language, i can't see any problem. There are exactly 98 f-words. The violence is not strong - a few people get shot, though with blood spurts, but nothing pushing a PG-13. Suitable and recommended for viewers 12 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFazekas Adrián July 6, 2014

Awesome!

Awesome movie, the cast is great, Kevin Spacey really professional actor.
Teen, 15 years old Written bythesturgmachine February 21, 2014

Excellent film! A must see!

It's really not as bad as most people say, 13 I say.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviebuff6996 July 19, 2013

The Usual Suspects is a well acted movie with a superb script(EDITED version)

The positives are the great acting (particularly Kevin Spacey’s breakthrough performance), the script and the story were superb (the way they told it, felt rather original), the editing was fantastic (with a movie like this, editing is important and it succeeds), the directing is nicely done, the cinematography is very good(different camera shots and well done ones at that),the dialogue is very good, there is just enough character development to actually care about the characters, the twists are just as good as people said they were (they are rather surprising and changed my perspective of the movie) and ultimately the climax is satisfying(and surprising to boot). The only negative is that the characters are bad guys, so were basically rooting for the villain in this movie. Still, I would highly recommend this edited film(Goodmedia).” -Violence, poor role models and smoking are issues. Language wasn't an issue cause I saw the edited version.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 May 4, 2013

one word "AMAZING"

I am a massive fan of this movie, however it has a strong amount of violence and language, along with drug references. There is so much language they use tons of the F word in different forms such as sexually or as an insult. Also they say c*******er quite a bit, and lots of use of milder language as well. The movie contains strong references to cocaine, and it is shown every now and then. The movie contains strong violence including children being murdered, but due to the massive twist, it changes how you look at the violence. Has a small scene of rape, but not explicit, but implied. overall I think this movie would be good for 13 and up.
Kid, 11 years old August 30, 2011

the usual suspects

this film has an amazingly good plot but may be a bit complicated for some and the language is pretty bad it is a bit violent but nothing you could not handle the twist ending is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and like that poof hes gone
Teen, 16 years old Written by3rdPersonPerspective May 25, 2015

An exciting police thriller with a shocking twist

The Usual Suspects won two Oscars, one for its smart and believable screenplay, the other for a superb Kevin Spacey performance. From an artistic standpoint, it will not disappoint. The story, too, will have you on the edge of your seat throughout. However, this movie certainly deserves an R rating. Nearly 100 f-words can be heard, and crime violence also plays a big role, with shootings, deaths, and even a rape. Nevertheless, this movie will be sure to entertain anyone who can handle the content.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJacob56789 May 12, 2015

Very Good Film

This film is a Great film to watch because the violence is mild and there is no sex except in the flashback but that is just a very blurry image. The film does not have great role models but it's not meant to have any.
Teen, 13 years old Written byskwunkel March 28, 2015

Good film, A lot of swearing

The violence isn't too often or bloody for a 12 year old. But it has a lot of profanity and you should know your kid if he/she can handle it. If he/she can then it is a great film with twists and turns and solid acting.
Teen, 16 years old Written byCoolrockboy3 September 26, 2014

Incredible Action/Mystery will keep you on the edge of your Seat!

"The Usual Suspects" is an amazing action/mystery movie, but may be concerning to most parents. There is an abundance of obscene language. Violence gets pretty severe too; men are shot, stabbed and even blown up. In a flashback (which may not reflect actual events), children and a mother are murdered by their own husband/father. The central event of the film is the assault on a ship rumored to be carrying 91 million dollars of cocaine. There is an overwhelming sense of film noir-style corruption, and even the police don't look terribly clean. Otherwise, this movie is incredible and If you're over 14, I'd definitely recommend watching it. ✭✭✭✭✭
Teen, 14 years old Written bylantio August 23, 2014

Keyser Soze!

One of the greatest movies of all time. There is violence but nothing too extreme. Everybody needs to watch this movie and know the truth about Keyser Soze!
Teen, 15 years old Written byaa1ally August 7, 2014

Entertaining Movie, Not the Best in a Family Setting

This movie is really great, but not one I'd want to watch with my parents. I'm mature for my age and they're fine with me watching it, but stricter parents or younger kids may think The Usual Suspects is inappropriate. There are no great messages or great role models. This movie is about treacherous policemen, a gang of criminals, and international crime/drug rings. There is a lot of violence, but nothing high schoolers or late middle schoolers can't handle. People are shot, held at gunpoint, there's a gunfight, a boat explodes and a car is set on fire. A flashback is shown of a women getting raped (she is fully clothed as well as her rapist) and her children getting killed. It isn't shown in graphic detail and the scene last about 30 seconds to give the antagonist a background story. There's no sex, but there are references to it: nothing people my age couldn't handle. We hear much worse in school, trust me. This movie does have A LOT of swearing. The characters are introduced by them having to say a sentence in a line up that includes the f-word as well as c-sucker. The f-word is used a huge amount of times throughout the movie, again nothing we don't hear at school. Characters are shown smoking and a majority of the plot revolves around gangs smuggling drugs, but no character is shown using them. Overall a really entertaining movie, but I wouldn't show it to my kids if they are below 13 and then only if they're mature.
Teen, 15 years old Written byLegend736 April 21, 2012

MASTERPIECE

This film has possibly the best ending ever.Kevin Spacey gives a spectacular performance.
Teen, 13 years old Written byasecoolish February 3, 2011

this movie is so amazing there's violence and a lot of language but there's a twist that you wont ever forget but just make sure you stick to the end you-ll be happy i say if mature 14 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhobbes007450 July 19, 2009

Great movie, actually not that bad 4 kids

great movie but there isnt actually all that much swearing and the only truly bad violent moment is fuzzy, stylized and very, very blurry