Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for The Walk

Terrific, heart-pounding, gravity-defying true story.

Parent of a 13 year old Written bylssccs January 12, 2019

Great movie - inspiring story of following one's passion

This is a well written and performed movie about following your dream and how amazing success requires teamwork. Some of the content might not be good for younger kids as it involves breaking the law, taking serious risks, and adult themes, but there is not really any violence or other questionable behavior.

Parent of a 12 year old Written bycaribbeandream November 9, 2016

The rebel wire-walking artist is worth watching

This movie is mostly for older elementary age and older, maybe even tweens and older. It is TWO HOURS long and can be slow in parts. But the wait for the moment in which Petit sets foot on the wire 110 stories above ground is very much worth it. Petit has a crazy dream, but with tenacity and a good posse of friends he pulls off "the coup." The one annoying thing (besides the length of the movie) was the guy that was hight on post the entire time he was on screen. There could have been other ways to portray someone as the stoner w/o actual marijuana.

Adult Written byN J. October 19, 2016

Gives good account of the event

I was impressed with how this movie was made and how it came across. My kids found it educational (in terms of the event and what lead up to it) and it was entertaining. I would say that it was approriate for tweens and older - I'm fairly conservative with what I allow my kids to watch.
Adult Written by[email protected] January 17, 2016