All member reviews for The Wicker Man (1973)

Teen, 15 years old Written bycatherinejablonski October 24, 2014

I watched this very young, and see to have turned out all right.

i watch this when i was around the age of 8 or 9 (in retrospect it was probably unsuitable) and it only affected my slightly for a short while ( i may have been afraid of Scotland for a wee while), It is a very good movie but there is quite a bit of sex talk and naked woman, and of course the hole cult sacrifice thing, I believe it is a good movie so it worth it in the end.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 March 25, 2012

Pretty eerie.

Ahh,there goes the MPAA again.Anyway,I'm not gonna linger on that.Saw this when I was 8 for really no apparent reason heard about it it's really not bad just that a lot of sex throughout not graphic but referenced and constant eerie themes,not for kids who get nightmares.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydamoviecritic April 9, 2008

An excellant film

I greatly enjoyed The Wicker Man. The production values, acting, and storyline were excellant. I also found the question it was asking quite interesting: are "heathen" religions involved in government that kill one person anually truly worse than a christian government who slaughters them by the thousands. It is a fascinating watch. I must say that the reveiw of this film was hypocritical. MediaFamily said that this film was "red" giving it the same rating as Hostal and Saw. They condemm the MPAA for being more tolorant of violence then nudity. Well, if nudity was not a factor when rating a film, this would be PG. It is a slow, interesting film, but the only truly objectionable thing about the film is nudity and a relativly minor portrayal of "deviant" sexual behavior
Teen, 15 years old Written byhorrorfan333 March 10, 2012

More sex than scares

Not for children. The movie creates a constant eerie theme, but is not particularly scary until the disturbing pagan ending. However, there are many mature scenes, such as a sex ritual in a graveyard, a naked women attempting to seduce a man, and young girls nude in a pagan ritual.