All member reviews for The Wolf of Wall Street

Teen, 15 years old Written bywhatnoonesays December 30, 2013

The Wolf of Wall Street: In the Running for the Worst Movie Ever

The Wolf of Wall Street is the only movie I have ever walked out on in my entire life. The film is nothing but a nonstop orgy of sex and drugs. It is not only terrible without any kind of redeeming quality, but just disturbing. I am a healthy teenage boy, and I have the same hormones and urges I'm supposed to, but even I thought this was too far. Female breasts every five seconds, an entire scene dedicated to the hookers these people use, and the bachelor party, a mass of naked bodies having sex with anything they can get their hands on, are all prime examples of how bad this is. If I could go back in time, I would go to 5 pm today to tell myself to watch another movie just so I could forget what I watched. My suggestion: don't see this movie and tell everyone you know to do the same. If you really want to watch a bunch of people get high and have sex, you'd be better off looking it up on the internet, at least then you don't have to pay for movie tickets and go all the way to a movie theater. For parents: don't let your kids see this movie, if you do they'll end up like me: scarred for life, feeling sick to my stomach, and every second, regretting the decision to see that movie. I can say today was the worst birthday I have ever had, even worse than the time I barfed my guts out and was forced to cancel my birthday celebration so I could sit in bed bed and feel sick.
Teen, 17 years old Written byB-KMastah December 26, 2013

What went wrong here?!

Great job, Scorsese. You have made the biggest disappointment of 2013. This film is a mess. It's boring, repetitive, and unnecessary. The first 70 minutes are good and then it takes a jolting turn of shamelessly self-indulgent crap, and not even ironically shameless crap at that. It switches between numbing, unfitting vulgarity that bordered on mean-spirited misogyny and glimmers of smart satire that disappear as fast as Matthew McConaughey's performance, and sometimes I couldn't tell what it was supposed to elicit. Laughter or disgust? All they made me feel was utter boredom. Literally no movie deserves a runtime of 179 minutes, especially when literally 40% of it is purely expendable. The first act is so good and smart, and then it does a complete 180, showing Leonardo DiCaprio with a lit candle up his ass screaming in pain during sex and Margot Robbie walking in on a gay orgy in their apartment. They hit you over the head with excess and vulgarity so much that it becomes so numbing; they could have at least handled it well or at least interesting like they did in Spring Breakers or The Bling Ring. The characters are empty but not in a good way like Sofia Coppola would do. There's no social commentary, scarce laughs, but great performances by everyone. I really do hope DiCaprio finally gets Oscar; he's just magnetic and so committed to the role that it's amazing. Too bad the script just goes in circles for an hour and the interesting ending feels far too short in comparison. 4.1/10, bad, one thumb down, below mediocre, etc.
Teen, 17 years old Written byshrekmaster December 25, 2013

The Wolf is Wild

The Wolf of Wall Street is a wild ride through a businessman's life of sex, drugs, violence and cheating. The film contains constant uses of graphic sexuality/nudity and graphic drug use. From what the cinema shows now, Wolf isn't as bad as some movies out. If you know your kids can handle this then take them but not if they are under 12.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJohn H 120 December 27, 2013

Movie Review

This movie is very nasty and disgusting based on all the profanity and sexual references. Overall, it was very well produced based on the businessman who invests money in his workplace. Although this movie is hardly R rated and almost NC-17 rated, it contains sexual nudity of both genders, so I would recommend people to be at least 18 years old to see this movie without an accompanying parent, and at least 17 years old with a parent or legal guardian.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJeffrey9789 December 30, 2013

This is the best film of 2013

I loved this film it was awesome Leonardo dicaprio gave the best performance ever this guy should win a Oscar for this performance the story was good and the three hour runtime felt like a hour and a half to me go see this film im going to buy this film when it comes out on blu-ray
Teen, 15 years old Written byesoccer7 January 1, 2014

Great film, but one of the few that are really not for kids.

As a parent you might be wondering, my 13-16 year old child has seen a lot of R rated movies and he is mature. Can he see this? This time, the answer is no. Coming from a 15 year old who thinks that kids should be allowed to watch R rated movies, this movie was a bit to extreme. There was one thing that really stood out for me. That was the drug use. Yes there was tons of sex and swearing but kids hear swearing everywhere and sex is just sex it wont hurt anyone. the drugs are over the top. They are almost encouraged. In almost every scene characters are snorting cocaine or taking some sort of drug. The characters show no side effects of these drugs. The movie makes the drugs look cool and that they will make you hyper. I kinda started to think that taking the drugs looked cool and fun but then my conscience reminded me that I can't do drugs. For teenagers its best that they don't see this movie. Besides all that, the movie is pretty good. Its funny and crazy.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMerlinFan December 30, 2013

Incredible Acting, but Most Profane Thing I've Ever Seen

This movie was full of nonstop, abusive drug use. There were many full frontal nudity shots of women, and intense, extensive sex scenes (one seen was a room full of gay men having all kinds of sex). The profanity was through the roof; this movie won 5th place of movies to use the most F words, according to Wikipedia. I'm 16, and the nudity bothered me most, the drug use bothered my dad most. But overall, the movie was well made, HILARIOUS!!!!, and the most incredible acting job I've seen DiCaprio do. Worth the watch if you're prepared for lots of nudity, but definitely not for kids. Someone brought their 5 year old when I saw it! I can't believe how irresponsible some parents are...
Teen, 16 years old Written byjacobburns December 29, 2013

Wow.

Incredible movie, but with incredible amounts of sex, cocaine, and language. However, it is truly captivating and hilarious, with memorable scenes and insanely good performances from the whole cast, particularly DiCaprio, Hill, and McConaughey. It's fresh and unexpected and a truthful exploitation of the modern corruption of Wall Street.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJamecs January 20, 2014

Great Movie

This was a great movie. I am 15 and my parents were reluctant with letting me watch this movie because they read the reviews that said there was a lot of sex. They did let me and a group of my friends watch it and it turned out to be a great movie. I don't understand where all these people are coming from saying that it is shameless and an awful movie, I loved it. It was hilarious and a great movie to spend money on. There was some sex and nudity, but the film was so long, you don't even realize there is that much. The movie is three hours long, there is one big scene with nudity, but other than that, there is just some scattered here and there. If your child is mature, 14 and up is probably fine. If I was a parent, I would be more concerned with the drug use than the sex, there was a lot of drug use, that in the beginning portrayed it (the drugs) as good things that are fun, but towards the end, show how they ruin the characters life. All in all, a fantastic movie that you should go see.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 December 29, 2013

What's wrong with debauchery?

This is the most profane movie I've ever seen, with over 500 uses of the f-word! It's astonishing, and that alone gives you a hint of what's to come in this epic, bananas true-ish story of Jordan Belfort. DiCaprio is mesmerizing as always, but Hill really shone through in this picture as his second in command. I won't spoil the fun by telling you all of Belfort's shenanigans, but I will say it involves dwarf dartboards, financial corruption, fake teeth, Quaaludes and "Scarface"-envying amounts of cocaine. This is an adults only joyride, and even though it's bloated, the time (for the most part) flies.
Teen, 15 years old Written byStevie111 December 29, 2013

Fantastic

Terrific acting and story, definitely has my vote for best picture. Though, it does have frequent and graphic drug use, language, sex and nudity, including a brief glimpse of Jonah Hill's penis. Very entertaining though and a great overall movie
Teen, 16 years old Written byLivia Peterson December 30, 2013

"Wolf" is one of the best films of this year, but NOT for kids

Martin Scorsese did it again. Very relevant. "Wolf" has plenty of heavy handed messages such as don't lie to your co-workers because they will eventually find out the truth. One of the best films of this year. "Wolf" has tons of language (constant f-bombs), sex, and drugs (mostly Quaaludes and the effects).
Kid, 11 years old April 26, 2015

Bad

Geez, this movie is so bad I would never watch it. Jordan cheats on both his wife's, in one scene some people have sex in the back of a car. Jordan does a ton of illegal stuff I can't even describe it. In one short scene you can see a mans penis. Also the fact that I watched one of the clips, they said the f word every 5 seconds. It has 500 uses of the f word. Don't watch it, also, it should be rated nc-17
Teen, 14 years old Written byBrkaren14 March 26, 2015

Scorsese strikes again!

This is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. I was 12 when I first saw it, and I do not regret it at all. I am a huge Leo Lover, so I adored the acting on Leo's part. This is an incredible movie, however, it may be intense for some people. Know your child before letting them watch this. There is a lot of sex and female nudity. There is also a large consuming of drugs and alcohol. This movie even broke the record for the most uses of f*ck within 3 hours. These factors do not degrade the quality of the movie, though. Having read the book, this adaptation is spot-on in portraying the characters and Jordan Belfort's joyride through Wall Street. And although this movie may be pushing its limits on its R rating, if you can look past all the sex, drugs, and swearing, it is an amazing movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written by3rdPersonPerspective March 22, 2015

The infinite number of cons out-way the non-existent number of pros

From start to finish, this film contained more sex, swearing, and drug abuse than I have ever seen in a film. Over 500 uses of the F word and more than 20 sex scenes, all of which contain graphic nudity. As if that weren't enough, the main character uses every known drug on the planet, from cocaine to morphine, Xanax to Quaaludes. Unfortunately, the acting and directing are stellar; however, no performance, no matter how good, could possibly be justified by this level of profanities.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBenH818 March 7, 2015

Great movie!

There is a lot of nudity. It has the most f words for a non-documentary film. It is a great movie in my opinion. Leonardo DiCaprio is THE BEST actor ever to exist. He portrays Jordan Belfort amazingly. The nudity is a lot though. If you watch it with your kid it will be awkward. Don't let the nudity stop you from watching it woth your kid it is a great movie and teaches lessons about what not to do.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymistahmata February 15, 2015

Extremely Entertaining Adult Black Comedy About Excess

The Wolf of Wall Street is a hilariously over the top biopic about Jordon Belfort, a stock broker who made millions of dollars and eventually lost it all. This is a very well made movie at the hands of legendary filmmaker Martin Scorsese. It is masterfully acted by everyone involved and it includes a brilliant screenplay. Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill completely immerse themselves in roles pulling off the best performances of their careers. The movie is rounded out by a stellar supporting cast including a cameo by the man himself, Jordan Belfort. I enjoyed every aspect of this movie however my problem with it is the length. Its 3 hours long and I think it could've shorter. Nonetheless, the movie never feels boring. Also parents be warned, this movie is extremely vulgar with tons of sex and nudity, graphic conversations about sex, excessive drug use, domestic violence, and 569 uses of the f word (a world record). Every character lies, cheats, and steals their way to the top. Overall this is a very good movie with some awesome performances and a killer script. Martin Scorsese paints the American Dream in such a fun way that's it's hard not to have a blast watching it. The Wolf of Wall Street gets an A-.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKhuzy January 25, 2015

Good but very profane movie

No matter how mature you think your 13 year old is, he probably isn't ready for this. I ( this may sound weird ) think that one your child is 17 or 18 he should watch this movie, but not before, this movie broke the record for most swear words in a movie. It has constant drug use, which in parts is potrayed in a bit of a "good way" and alot of full frontal nudity, but hey after a person is 16 they are legally allowed to have sex. Seeing nudity after 16 ain't the problem here. The drugs are, potrayed good, and the language is veryy iffy. But it has a bit of a good side to it. Its a movie about Jordan Belfort, a real scammer who scammed millions of dollars and became rich, he started having regular sex with prostitutes and regular use of drugs. It is based COMPLETELY on a true story. If you do think about showing this to a mature 17 year old. Then tell them about the real Jordan belfort, who has overdosed on drugs, broken up with alot of wives cuz he was cheating on them. And gotten arrested. Tell him how he did bad things and ruined may lives from his scams, then show him the movie, it makes him look good, but still shows that he was a criminal.
Teen, 14 years old Written byShaxSar January 22, 2015

Not a kid Movie

Definitely do not recommend watching this movie!
Teen, 17 years old Written byMikeWard January 13, 2015

A Great Film

This film is defiantly not suitable for children, it is by far the most sexually explicit film I've seen since 'The Antichrist'. The drug use is extreme having nearly every drug you could think of. It also has very strong language, saying the c-word about 3 times. However, it is a really good film and I'd defiantly recommend that you watch it, BUT NO UNDER 16s!