All member reviews for The World's End

Fantastically funny, weird film has violence, alcohol, more.

Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2013

matthew's world's end review

I'm 10 and saw this, i thought it was a really good movie, funny at the end, but if you are 12 or under you might here some language and tearing the robots face and arms off with blue blood, i'm 10 and i was fine, of course i don't copy any language, the language is, several uses of f**k and a use of mother*****, but if you don't repeat the language its fine. highly recommend this movie, awesomely made. This Should Be the MPAA rating and the reason: This Film Is Rated: R for- Strong Lanuage, and Lots of fighting action
Teen, 13 years old Written byswagshyguy15 August 23, 2013

Clever Movie, Though The Ending Gave Me An Indescribable Feeling

This film is really funny but it's slightly dark. From after the first third or so of the film this film has scenes of intense mayhem, and the ending is bitter-sweet. This film's violence is PG-13ish stuff - there's some decapitation and constant combat but the gore is unrealistic; just some blue paint compared to many other R-rated movies. The language is pervasive and there's some innuendo, a few unwanted advances and some making out, but it doesn't get more explicit than that. Basically if you've watched movies like Limitless, Hot Fuzz or Kick-Ass, then this movie will be fine. This is a good movie if you like action comedies.
Kid, 10 years old August 23, 2013

BEST FILM IN THE CORNETTO TRIOLGY

fantastic comedy from the makers of Shaun Of The Dead and Hot Fuzz. Probably the best film in The brilliant Cornetto Triolgy. Simon Pegg is fantastic as Gary King and all the other actor including Nick Frost and Martin Freeman are all excellent too. With fine special effects and great comedy, The World's End is fine entertainment.
Parent of a 16 year old Written bygreat gamer man November 12, 2013

epic

great
Educator and Parent Written byViewster October 6, 2013

Drinking isn't funny.

The only thing I appreciate is the substitution of blood for blue paint. Looks nicer to me than anything with blood scenes, but many horror films have what this one doesn't: some kind of logic. I mean, ANY logic, no matter how strange or unreal it is - something that people know or discover, a way to survive or save the others...even if it doesn't reeally work and everyone dies, it either exists or someone is at least trying to find it. The World's End doesn't have anything like that - some are yelling "Let's get out of here", as the situation gets really unpleasant, another says "No, let's continue drinking". Stupid enough, but it gets worse. In other films with alien or paranormal creatures trying to make humans their servants, it takes someone a lot of effort to get rid of those. Here, it just takes a couple of wasted guys to yell "We want to be free and do what we want to do...to drink and have fun" - and that's it, off those blue-blooded ones go! That simple, just drink and your problems are gone...what else can be asusmed here? I don't think kids can watch it.
Kid, 7 years old December 27, 2013

best movie ever

it was the best movie ever it wasent really for kids but it is very funny and there is like robot things in it and there is blue blood for the robots instead of red and it has a lot of bad words in it and there is some very scary parts and almost all the parts are not for young children
Teen, 15 years old Written byStevie111 January 2, 2014

Fantastic Comedy

Hysterical final installment to the cornetto trilogy, filled with laughs and language
Teen, 14 years old Written byThe Cheap Seats January 1, 2014

Good Food. Fine Ales. Total Annihilation.

I think I had too high expectations going into "The World's End." It was a funny movie with plenty of laugh-out-loud one-liners but I was expecting more. It is very entertaining and Simon Pegg is great. There is pervasive language including many uses of f**k and three uses of the c-word. There's also excessive drinking and cartoon violence. The blood in this film is blue, not red, so it looks very unrealistic and cartoon-ish, but it's fine for thirteen and up. B.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybooklover27 December 28, 2013

Surprisingly Great Movie

I wasn't sure what to expect when I started watching this film but it as a surprisingly delightful film. What I loved about this film is that it didn't try to hard to be something it wasn't. It was a silly film about a group of friends on a pub crawl fighting robot/alien things and that was basically it, though there were some very sentimental moments. The ending was a little strange but overall it was a fantastic and enjoyable movie, and the heartfelt moment between Simon Pegg (Gary) and Nick Frost (Andy) at the end was really sweet. Content wise, obviously there is constant drinking throughout and by the end the friends are extremely drunk. There is also mentions of drug use and one of the characters is a recovering alcoholic/drug addict. World's End is filled with violence, but it is all extremely comical and the "blood" is even bright blue rather than red. *MILD SPOILER* One of the characters wrists are shown bandaged and with a hospital bracelet, implying a suicide attempt, which I'm surprised CSM didn't mention under violence *END SPOILER*. In regards to sex, there is none in the film, but it is talked about in a couple of occasions but it is nothing too graphic. I suppose may think this movie is better than it really is when it is revealed that *MILD SPOILER* one of the characters attempts suicide, which I can really relate too but *END SPOILER* all in all, it's a really fantastic movie that is totally okay for teens!
Teen, 14 years old Written byRacing Flame December 17, 2013

Good Film. 13+

I didn't think the adult content was bad as the other 2 films. I didn't like this one as much as the other 2 films but still a good movie anyway. OK for 13+
Teen, 16 years old Written byB-KMastah August 23, 2013

Hilarious, heartfelt, and the most fun of 2013.

This is by far the funniest and most fun movie of the year; everyone involved is as good as ever. Honestly, this is a movie made by fans, for fans, and the entire theater loved it. I got to see this at a Cornetto Trilogy marathon comprised of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz leading up to the 10:00 PM premiere of the film, and EVERYONE had an incredible time. Everyone. First thing's first: is a comedy, so is it funny? FROM START TO FINISH! And, surprisingly, it's actually very heartfelt. The characters are very likable (even if they're rude and belligerent, they have a good side to them) and there is an argument between Simon Pegg and Nick Frost towards the end that was actually very moving. The character development is terrific and everyone is fully realistic, and their actions are justified as each of them have their own history. This film never sacrifices a character or plot point to make a joke, just like the other films in this trilogy, and that in itself shows the care here. A lot of movies are just mindless fun, but this is actually smart, and it in turn makes it so much more fun. Edgar Wright's timing and ability to create terrific fight scenes are as good as ever, and of course Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and all others are just fantastic. And let me say something: these special effects are stellar throughout and it only cost $20 million? Truly well-spent. I just can't wait to see this again. And note: I am *not* comparing this to Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz (which are my two favorite comedies of all time) because each entry in the Cornetto Trilogy is so different and all of them are truly exceptional. I will, however, compare it to everything else this year and it's the second-best movie of the year behind Stoker. 9.6/10, amazing, two thumbs up, far above average, etc.
Kid, 11 years old February 15, 2015

The World's End

The World's End is hilarious and is severely underrated in my opinion. However, it's not for everybody. Reccomended for ages 14 and up for: Cartoonish Violence, Sexual References, Strong Language and Drinking/Drug Use.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydefkon May 24, 2014

A really good film with a solid storyline, but lots of swearing and drinking.

I really enjoyed this film's plot a lot, its unique and i had no idea where it would go. A brilliant science fiction movie. I have to point out that this film has a LOT of swearing, and parents should consider this before letting their kids watch it. Completely inappropriate for anyone under 13 , because the main character encourages binge drinking and excessive cursing.
Kid, 10 years old April 26, 2014

Awesome!!!

Compared to the other two movies in the cornet trilogy, The one with the most alcohol, the least violence, and the same amount of language. How do I rate this one? The same as Shaun of the dead. Age 13+. Very, very, very funny, but it makes me sad that this is the last movie in that AWESOME series. Since the blood is blue, and the Humans never REALLY get hurt, only the guys who bleed ink.
Written byAnonymous April 16, 2014

Simon Pegg has disappointed me.

What could have provided a lesson on the nature of friendship is destroyed by foul words nearly every sentence, including three of an explicit term for the female genitalia, and nearly one-hundred of the "F" words. The language shocked and offended me, even as an adult, and is unfit for anyone who may be prone to repeating these words. There is also very strong sci-fi violence, which was quite shocking at times, strong references to sex and promiscuity exacerbated by explicit profanity, and lots of drinking - although I do not mind drinking in films as a parent. My 16-year-old son asked to see this, and I am truly glad I skipped it. Violence: 6/10 - Sex: 4/10 - Language: 10/10 20+
Teen, 14 years old Written bySarahCookeFilms April 16, 2014

A masterpiece of comedy but filled with adult themes

It's hilarious but with adult humour, younger viewers probably wouldn't understand a lot of the jokes. The morals in it are also not good, it does not set a good example for young viewers and there is a lot of swearing, drinking and "comedic" violence. But was it a good film? Yes!!!!!!! I just wouldn't recommend it to anyone under 14 at least.
Kid, 9 years old December 27, 2013

Good But Boring!

I think this movie was good but sometimes it was boring but it had good action clips and their was blue blood instead of red blood!
Adult Written bydarthsitkur December 26, 2013

1 night, 12 pubs, LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't laughed this hard in a long time, this is literally the funniest movie I've ever seen in my life lol, the laughs in this movie never stop, they just keep on coming, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are ALWAYS hysterical together lol
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 December 23, 2013

good movie

To get started let me start by saying there is no sexual content or nudity at all in this film, but there are some sexual references and sexual language. There is lots of drinking and some brief drug use in this movie. The only real reason for this movie would be the language in it, but it isn't to big of deal. There is creature violence that consists of blue blood, but nothing graphic at all. Mature 10
Teen, 14 years old Written byijarritos September 19, 2013