Queen's biopic is more tender romance than historical saga.

Parent of an infant and 8 year old Written bySteffauri516 February 24, 2011

Splendid film, for older children and teens

Loved this movie, opulent, well scripted, and lush. Unfortunately it will have to be off for my children, for the time being. My daughter is 8 and my son is 9 months old. While I loved this movie, there are some things that just aren't appropriate for children as young as mine; there is some swearing, but nothing stronger than h**l or d**n, and there is a scene where a sniper shoots at Victoria and Albert, when he's carried back to the palace there is a quick but noticeable scene of him and his injury (there is blood) The role models are decent, though. Victoria is a strong willed and hopeful person who demonstrates that hard work and perseverance in the face of adversity pay off in the end. I would rate this movie on for ages 11-12 and up.
Educator and Parent Written byNast101 June 7, 2015

I loved it!

Really good movie with gorgeous scenery and Cinematography! Even though its a period drama it also has a powerful love story behind it as well which has universal themes to it such as "sacrifice" and "honor." I think most people would enjoy it but younger children and adults may not be into all the politics. No sex, no profanity, and a lot of courage!
Kid, 11 years old June 20, 2014

A good movie.

This movie was good not great mind you. I saw this movie when I was 9 years old and to say the lest I fell in love with it. Violence- There a shooting. Price Albert takes a bullet in his shoulder for his pregnant wife. His arm is seen covered in blood and a scream is heard. Romaine- Kissing and the like. They are seen undressing the other but only get down to a few buttons. Other then that it is a good movie for those kids that like history like myself.
Adult Written bygardenarian March 4, 2010
My 10 year old daughter loved this movie. We have studied Queen Victoria, read Victorian novels, and visit the Dickens Fair every year. She was entranced by romance between Victoria and Albert.
Kid, 10 years old January 20, 2010

Pretty Good

I'm 10 and this was pretty good - it's not a children's film because most kids will get pretty bored because it has all sorts of historical things which drag on a bit. I thought the first 30/45 minutes were slow but it picks up and it's not unsuitable, even though their is an assination attempt and someone gets shot but not killed. I was quite impressed.
Educator and Parent Written byskylar9333 October 27, 2011

Good Family Period Piece

Teen, 13 years old Written byMoviegirl100 December 30, 2013

Its ok

Interesting film but I'd say it was more about Victoria's love life than her actual life
Kid, 12 years old July 31, 2011

good

The best movie ever. It's fine for kids. Very romantic.
Teen, 16 years old Written byfindthegoodmovies March 31, 2011

Fantastic Movie!!!!

This is an excellent, beautifully made, feel-good historical romance. Romances are my personal favorite, although some of the flirting scenes may be a little too much for younger kids. However, the acting is superb and the characters are wonderful. All in all, it is very worthwhile.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybookworm01 February 15, 2011

A Royal Spectacle!

Very nicely done. The costumes and sets look really nice and Albert and Victoria resemble their real-life counterparts. Good acting, too.
Parent of a 3, 5, and 7 year old Written by4BoysMomma February 12, 2011

one of my favorites, but my kids haven't seen it

I LOVE this movie! But...it's not really something that would even interest young children.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byCherryMom December 13, 2010

A Good Beginning for a Study of this Period of History, Particularly Politics

I really enjoyed it for myself. It had a few mild swear words that are not allowed in my home and a sexual reference between them after they are married. It showed Victoria trying to do what is right with the power entrusted to her and making her marriage work. The political machinations at the beginning are fascinating and a nice beginning for an in depth study of Britain political system.
Kid, 12 years old August 31, 2010
I really liked it not for anyone under the age of 9!
Teen, 17 years old Written bygabclima August 21, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written byearthgurl July 5, 2010
Love this movie! Emily Blunt was great!
Teen, 14 years old Written bydoglovermegan12 June 22, 2010
There are no words that can discribe how wonderful of a movie this was.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybambi13-14 June 8, 2010

beautiful story!!

An INCREDIBLE movie with love, passion, and loyalty. One warning I would put out however is it does make quite a few implied sex scenes; however very mild. I enjoyed this movie tremendously; you should rent it!!!
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe June 2, 2010
I want to view this movie so very badly. I am in love with historical movies and Queen Victoria was such a strong statement in history!
Teen, 13 years old Written bydr duck April 22, 2010

Good but slow

D:
Kid, 12 years old February 13, 2010

sweet movie!!!!!!!!!

It is a very good movie! It's a very sweet story. There is a tiny bit of sexual reference but not to much, and not any thing to worry about. It is a good movie to see WITH your kids. There are some things you might have to explain, but it's a good movie and you should see it!