All member reviews for There's Something About Mary

Farrelly bros' classic is full of gross-out laughs.

Teen, 16 years old Written bymovieloverman1234 July 24, 2009

This movie is pretty funny but does have alot of sexy stuff in it. If you like funny movies then this is one you have to watch but watch out so young kids dont see It.
Adult Written bymlb444 June 28, 2009

Funniest Ben Stiller but crude.

Funniest Ben Stller i've seen. But the sexual humor was a bit overboardered.Language to, i saw it when i was 12 and my parents didnt mind but Caution.
Kid, 11 years old July 9, 2009

funny movie

this funny i love how they got brent farve
Teen, 16 years old Written bykojitheman November 11, 2011

laugh out loud

This movie is really funny. My rating: some sexual content, some nudity, pervasive language.
Adult Written byClassicCultReviewer June 17, 2009

Kid, 12 years old June 25, 2015

By far the Farrelly Brothers funniest movie

Many crude sexual references, a character is made out to be a per vet at first, in one scene there is a gay orgy, a character masturbates and semen comes out, his date walks in and mistakes it for hair gel, and puts it in her hair. The f-word is said 50+ times.
Teen, 16 years old Written byj-dog123 June 11, 2015

Really Funny!

Really funny and clever movie. Ben Stiller is the best. It is not inappropriate. It is not very sexual and they barely curse. It is a really great movie.
Kid, 10 years old April 12, 2015

Good, funny film

The words f*ck, b*tch, d*ck, c*ck, pr*ck, sh*t, b*stard, p*ss and a*s are all used. The violence isn't that bad, however there is one scene where Ted gets his genitals stuck in his fly zip and then screams in pain. We then see an extreme closeup of his mangled penis. They have to get a police officer in due to his pain. When the officer pulls down his zipper, he screams again. They then take him in an ambulance and one man screams "We've got a bleeder" implying that unzipping the zipper caused his penis to bleed, but anyone above 10 can handle this scene. There is heaps of sex talk about masturbating, homosexuality and hot girls, as well as a few penis references, Mary puts sperm in Ted's ear, mistaking it for hair gel (The only implication that it's sperm is the fact that Ted had just masturbated. There is also some nudity. Definitely NOT OK for little kids, but for older kids it's fine. Overall this is a great, funny film.
Adult Written bylouisa1 February 21, 2015

Gross out comedy delivers!

The sexy stuff in this movie is OFF THE HOOK! There is one scene where ted is masterbating also many refrences to mastabating, mary puts seaman in her hair thinking it's hair gel, a scene where mary is getting undressed (not much cleavage) a shot of a womens boobs, one of the characters is getting a blowjob done by his wife, ted goes out to pee and realises the place is where men are giving blowjobs, ted get's his penis stuck in his zipper (we see it!) and that's about it. for the swearing there are words like (b***h f**k di**w*d etc.) for the violence, ted punches someone in the face, teds head is knocked on a table three times, ted has a fight with a dog (hilarious!) one man is shot! and more, for the drinking drugs and smoking there is a lady and a dog on speed, ted and mary smoking in severel scenes, many scenes including beer, a man in several scenes taking cocaine etc etc. well that has to be the longest review iv'e ever done! but all in all something about mary is a great comedy! even though being gross and crude.
Kid, 11 years old June 30, 2014

theres something about mary

this is the best ben stiller movie out there u get to see titties but there is to much swearing
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 October 23, 2013

Great movie but has some crude content.

Really funny movie that has the appearance of a chick-flick but defenitly isn't. It has a lot of crude sexual jokes as well as a few scenes that imply sexual content. There is a scene in which the character Ted "Pleasure" himself and you can see the movement and hear pleasure sounds, and he looks for the "mess", and someone knocks on the door and when he answers it you see the "mess" on his ear and she mistakes it for hair gel and rubs it in her hair. A brief and mild implication to oral sex. There is a scene where Ted gets stumbles into a homeless man "gathering" , but it is dark and he has no idea whats happening and he trips and when he tries to get up a light turns on and you see a man in his underwear. There is a scene where they show a mans mangaled gentails after he zips it up, as ell as another scene where they show an older woman's breasts( they didn't look to real), and this is made to make you cringe and not very sexual. There is some drinking, but nothing mayor. Some milder violence such as a slapstick. Language is present , but fairly mild R. This movie is crude and has some gross scenes so be careful with young ones. Suggested MPAA R: Crude and Sexual Content, Language, and some Nudity.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAixa September 21, 2013

NOT FOR UNDER 12

Im 13 and if i was watching this on my own I would really like it. But I was with my younger brother (11) it is completely innapproriate for kids younger than at least 12. My brother didnt understand a few parts. Great movie but not for kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byYankeesfan33 August 1, 2013

A comedy classic, but very raunchy.

Parents need to know that this is a Farrelly Brothers movie, which basically means there's a lot of crude sexual references and physical humor. For instance, a character performs oral sex on her husband. A man masturbates before going on a date. Also, a character gets his genitals caught in his zipper and has to go to a hospital. That being said, the main character (Mary) is a great role model who is kind and devotes her time to looking over her brother (who has special needs). If you're 15 or up, this is a very funny movie (if you like the Farrelly bros) and definitely worth a try.
Kid, 12 years old July 7, 2012

A Must-See!

This. Is. The most hilarious movie EVER! I am 12 and saw this when I was 12, and except for Magda's saggy boobs (you can tell they are fake), and the repeated use of "f--k", this really shouldn't be R rated! It's very romcom and gross-out funny with just silly concepts to have you rolling on the floor laughing and cute little story lines about Ted and Mary. Great movie, a must-see!
Kid, 10 years old July 2, 2011

NOT FOR KIDS!

My family and I tried to watch this movie together and turned it off soon after turning it on. There are many innappropriate things in this movie that you will not want your kids to hear about or see.
Adult Written byQuinton_Moad February 5, 2011

"There's Something About Mary" is a solid comedy and I'm certain most children 14 and older are mature enough to watch it

I was certainly mature enough for this movie when I was 14 and I think most children are. It does contain two scenes of explicit sexuality and there is a scene of drug use but nothing terrible. Brett Farve also makes an appearance and do you want your child's role model to be a football player?
Kid, 9 years old December 3, 2010

O-F-F!!!

What the crap?! This wouldn't have been such a bad movie if the Sexy and languagey wasn't in it.
Kid, 12 years old April 7, 2010

Gross-out gold!

This film is fantastic for those who are into gross-out comedy. I watched this with my mum for the first time last night, and found it hilarious. There are some bits where you cringe, but all in all, a fantastic movie. Parts to be aware of are: Ted gets his penis stuck in a zipper, and his girlfriend's family and the local authorities cringe and laugh, then yo usee an unexpected crotch-shot; Healy is spying on Mary, and gets out large binoculars while she is undressing, and then turns round to some very fake old breasts; a ver fake model of a dog is electrocuted; and a man 'Woogey' stalks Mary and steals her shoes.
Kid, 12 years old July 17, 2009

Great movie

This movie is one of my fav movies!! I love it!! It is hilarious and has great acting. Absolutly not ok for kids, I am 12 and saw it when i was nine or ten, and fell in love with it!! Still very inappropriate!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byJWilliams303 April 9, 2008

great movie

i love the part when the dog and the grandma take some kind of pills that make them go crazy and the dog attacks ben stiller. the best part in that scene was when the dog jumped out the window. hilarious movie.