All member reviews for Thirteen

Explicit peer pressure story for older teens.

Teen, 14 years old Written bykatie8398 October 15, 2012

Okay.

I think this was a good movie, but not the greatest. It took me a while to watch the whole movie because it felt like it was 5 ours long even though it was only 1 hour and a half. I thought the movie was very realistic except for the fact that her mom allowed her to cuss in front of everyone and her mom also allowed her brother to do drugs and leave the house whenever he wants.
Parent Written byjessieforsythe May 7, 2012

educational and moving

This movie is stunning, but not for everyone. I'd suggest watching it with your daughter or son around the age of 14-15 so that you can give them guidance and have discussions.
Teen, 16 years old Written byadam1995 May 6, 2012

Amazing movie, all teens should watch! Very important film!

I went through some pretty troubled years in my early teens. I played around with drugs, alcohol and petty crime. But this movie really helped me to turn it around. It shows the consequences of such behaviour very explicitly and very disturbingly. There are no on-screen sex scenes, but there is some sexual material between teenagers and a graphic nude scene of a woman in the shower. Drug use is frequent and graphic. Language includes many uses of f--k and s--t and more, and c--t is used once. Violence includes several graphic scenes of a teen girl slitting her wrists with a razor and many intense arguments. But I stand by my opinion that everyone over 12 should watch this film.
Teen, 13 years old Written by4evaYoung March 4, 2012

Thirteen

Im 13 and ive watched this. It was an amazing movie. Its probably one of my favorites. It shows how sometimes girls or boys do the worst things to fit in with the cool crowd. Peer pressure is one of the worst things and its not something you should get into.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBieberFreakinFever December 21, 2011

mature teens ONLY!

i absoulutly love this movie. It teaches what can happen to a teen when they get involved with sex, drugs, and alchohol and an extremly young age. Although it is a good movie it is extremly graphic and is for mature teens only.
Teen, 17 years old Written byangelchef August 30, 2011

wow!! dramatic!

the drug use especially at that age is horrific the mother in love and caring wise is a good role model the teen are very inappropiate when it comes to being"easy"
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovie-addict July 17, 2011

Teenagers view!

I'm sorry but to the person who was all "shame on you Catherine hardwick" I say shame on YOU. In 15 and found that this left a important message with me. I don't do any of what the girls do in the movie but it stops me from ever doing it in the future. Yes this movie is hard-hitting and blunt but that's what we need. Just watching a movie that hints that's what's going on but doesn't show us does nothing for us. I suppose I'm quite mature for my age though so if you do watch this with your teenager make sure there mature enough to handle drugs, sex, self-harming, swears etc or be prepared to answer any thing they may ask you. I say a great movie with a deffinate message, especially since it is based on real life experiences.
Teen, 16 years old Written bythefalconater January 3, 2011

Watch it Now

It really depends on maturity for younger teens. 14+ for sure would be able to handle this. Majority of parents don't feel this movie is a good one and is "inappropriate." That may be true in specific scenes, but this is a great movie. This is as true as it gets peer pressure wise for teenagers. "Thirteen" is real and true to what it's like for teenagers. Parents may disagree, but if they do they are ignorant and don't want to face the fact that this movie shows how kids can be while adults are not watching
Teen, 16 years old Written bytaymomsenfan October 7, 2010

Thirteen is a really good movie and shows how teens tend to grow up so fast because of peer pressure. I think every teen should watch it because a lot of us are going through these things.
Kid, 11 years old October 7, 2010

Love it 2+ !

A W E S O M E !
Parent of a 7 year old Written byhouchinsn September 11, 2010

Good for an older teen to watch with the parents so that the parents can explain whats going on.

This movie is a really good movie, it is trying to get a message out to teens I assume, but it just looks like they are having fun and stealing and not getting caught until the end by the parents, but they really do not do anything about it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysebastien June 5, 2010

Need to see it right before middle school

THe reason I put positive messages is because you need to let your children see this BEFORE they are tweens and teens becasue it IS going to happen whether you lyke it or not, so definitely show your children, the only problem is the language, but there is no sex and there is no nudity of the thirteen year old girls because that is ILLEGAL DUHHHH
Parent Written byCooldee April 24, 2010

Watch your mouth! Very bad models ahead!

This movie has very bad role models! Do not let younger children watch this movie!
Teen, 16 years old Written bydoralovesl12 January 16, 2010

wonderful

I think the some parents should calm down, this was loosely based on Nikki Reed life, so there are going to be things in there that real teenagers are doing. This is a really good movie and I would recommend teens to watch it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLdude407 October 23, 2009

Good !

Very good movie! Just TONS of cussing and drugs.
Adult Written bywhateverfloats September 14, 2009

Teen, 15 years old Written byvalbaybee_94 May 29, 2009

be a leader not a follower.

This was a great movie! many people dont know about it. butt its a great msg. to all young girls especially of the age beginning age 13!!! lol
Teen, 15 years old Written byemma3amanda9 May 25, 2009

AMAZING!! : D

This movie is the best movie I have EVER seen! My friend and I saw it when we were 12 and it may have been a little inappropriate it was AMAZING! I wish there was a book ! I loved it! Yes, I think we were a bit too young to see this movie but we are very mature. We understood everything and we dont think that there is anything wrong about seeing it at our age because it is a true story and things like this really happen.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCoolie96 February 5, 2009

...hard

this is a really hard movie,I think everyone from 13 to 18 years old should watch this and SEE what could happen to them. Its a hard movie,but it opens ur eyes.
Teen, 15 years old Written byi7allycat7i December 7, 2008

It's What Really Happens!

This movie was really good. Some places this is what really happens to 13 year olds. It's based on Nikki Reed's experience as a teenager.