Explicit peer pressure story for older teens.

Teen, 17 years old Written byKoOkYMoNsTa234 April 9, 2008

THIRTEEN

I recently rented the film THIRTEEN at my local video store with some friends (the same age as me) and we loved it. We are all fans of dramas. The film is based on Tracy (Evan Rachel Wood) a girl who changes from good to bad almost overnight because of sexy wild child Evie (Co writer of THIRTEEN Nikki Reed). The film is very emotionally violent. The movie expresses cutting (of wrists), casual sex, violence, substance abuse, drugs, alcohol, in such a powerful way that you can't stop watching even though its very explicit and frank about its subject matter. After watching the movie I even bought it. I rate THIRTEEN, R for mature thematic elements and for strong language, sexuality, and graphic drug use- all involving young teens
Teen, 17 years old Written byHCOhottie April 9, 2008

Good Movie

Although Thirteen touches very big issues with teens these days I think overall It was a great movie. My mom rented it for me when I was 13, and it honestly made me realize that things that teens are doing are not all fun and games like they think. And can lead to serious consequences, which I knew before watching a movie, but after watching it I would never dabble in any of the things these girls were doing.
Teen, 15 years old Written byama0805 April 9, 2008

i THINK

I THINK THIS ISNT A BAD MOVIE FOR KIDS MY AGE BECAUSE IT MAKES YOU WANT NOT TO DO DRUGS BECAUSE IT SHOWS YOU WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DO THEM ....

The twists and turns of this movie........

i love this movie so much! it's my favorite in the whole world because ti's the only movie middle school kids can relate to. this movie helps parents and kids talk about important issues easier and it's a good conversation starter for those kids that don't talk to their 'rents very much. i think this movie could be watched by kids 12 and up but they have to be very mature and not so naive. if your kid loves rainbows and pink ponies and stuff and has no clue about drugs or sex, this isn't a good movie. but for kids in new york city, like me, we are used to sex and drugs and stuff so this stuff isn't a suprise and the self mutilation scene is entertaining to kids because it's part of the emo craze. i'm not saying that the kids are sadistic or something but now they can actually see an "emo movie". if your kid wants to see it, i recommend a parent watching it with them because undoubtedly the kid will have questions and the role of a parent is to answer them.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybig_sister April 9, 2008

this movie was so good!!!!

i absoulutley loved this movie. it was awesome!!!!!!!!! now just because i watched 13 year olds cuss, have sex, make out, and do drugs, doesnt mean im gonna go out and do it! get real parents!! do u really think that ur teens r gonna go out and do this because they saw it on tv? do u really think that we are that stupid?

i understood

This movie was hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!I watched it because my 16 year old cousin recomended it to me.Im 12 years old and In the 7th grade.I can totally relate to everything in this movie.Im more of a good girl so im not as bad as the girls in da movie.I LUV,LUV,LUV,LUV Dis movie.It is 1 of da best movies dat i eva watched.Im going 2 buy it so i can watch it like a bizillion times more.I recomend this movie 2 any 1 in da 5th grade and older.=)
Adult Written bybroadwaybaby April 9, 2008

This movie was just bad.

Sure, the acting is great; it is Holly Hunter and Evan Rachel Wood, after all, and they've proven themselves. But the situations that the characters get themselves into are completely unrealistic with the majority of teens. Thirteen year olds that I know are not that easily influenced, are not that irresponsible, and certainly aren't just plain stupid. It's not accurate in the slightest and eventually turns laughable because of the last-ditch effort to leave the viewer with a good message.