All member reviews for This Is 40

Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 January 18, 2013

Funny movie has plot and messages amidst crude jokes

Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew March 5, 2015

Crass apatow film isn't as sexy as last three but still adult content

My rating:R for crude sexual content,drug use and language throughout
Teen, 14 years old Written byChase2580 February 7, 2015

Good Laugh Inappropriate At Times.

I'm 14 and I really enjoyed this movie. I thought it was very funny, regardless of all the sex scenes and all the explicit language and sex references, I don't think it is a very explicit movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfilm geek March 2, 2014

This is such a great rom-com. There are frequents uses of swearing, sexual scenes are used in moderation and most of the movie is based around money needs. Still a really good movie though.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypauly123 July 18, 2013

Great mature movie

This was one of my favorite movies of all time. It's very hilarious, it shows the ups and downs of the American family despite all the rude things in it. Parents need to know that there is strong language THROUGHT the whole movie(parents saying it to their children in the unrated version) and mild nudity. You should also know that in the opening scene a man and a woman are seen having sex in a shower(may be disturbing if you're going with children 13-). There are also sexual references, mild drug scenes, drinking and smoking. I think children would enjoy this movie if they realize that even though they don't understand each other sometimes, sometimes they hate each other, they will still be toghether as a family. I don't think children 13- will understand that message. Suitable for teenagers 14+
Teen, 16 years old Written bybretnummer248 July 2, 2013

Good Comedy for Mature Teens

This is a pretty funny movie. It is a "sort of sequel" to Knocked Up. There is a fair amount of language that may be offensive to small children. There is some nudity in the film and several sex related scenes. The opening scene features the main characters having sexual activity in the shower. There is a small amount of violence at the end of the film. Characters drink and occasionally smoke. In one scene the main characters eat a marijuana cookie. It is also very truthful. My parents say it is so accurate, that it is scary.