All member reviews for Thor: The Dark World

Kid, 11 years old November 8, 2013

I'd probably rate this maybe 3.5 or 4 stars.

I saw this movie, and I don't know which one I like better. Loki was really funny. :) Violence: Blood, and fighting. Jane slaps Thor twice, out of anger. Language: Few words like, "shut up, "h-ll," and "holy s--t." Sex: Some kissing and flirting. Erik Selvig is shown naked on tv, but has a cover over his private areas.
Teen, 17 years old Written byndrwcd November 7, 2013

best movie of November 2013

same level as the Avengers,better than the original Thor movie,best superhero movie of 2013,no language I could recall
Teen, 15 years old Written bystargirl132 November 9, 2013

Loki steals the show.

Am I the only one who REALLY liked this movie? ok, I'm a loki fangirl, but this was really a great movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byrebma97 November 8, 2013

Not as good as the first (2.5/5 stars)

This film was okay, but not as good as the first one. Malekith wasn't an interesting villain to me (his motives seemed mediocre), Jane was possessed for much of the film and didn't get to do much, Odin was a jerk, Darcy and her sidekick annoyed me, and the script overall wasn't as interesting as the first film's was to me. With that being said, Tom Hiddleston was fabulous (and hilarious) as Loki and the film had some good humor in it. Overall it was okay but could have been better. Violence: Lots of action scenes, mainly with Thor, including him throwing his hammer and conjuring lightning at them, weapons stuff used, blood, some characters are killed, and typical superhero stuff. Jane slaps Thor twice and punches Loki once (played for comic relief). Sex: Some kissing, mostly between Jane and Thor. Language: "S--t" twice (the second time it's cut off), "h*ll", and the like.
Kid, 10 years old November 9, 2013

Kid, 10 years old November 9, 2013

Great but not for younger ones.

Parents need to know that Thor the dark world is a very well done film. Although, if you took your younger ones to see the original Thor, it may not be a good idea to let them see this one. This film has plenty of violence which includes shooting (but not very much). It also features some stabbing and chocking. The villain in this film is downright menacing and his assistant is even worse. Profanity is moderate you will hear shut up h-ll and s--t, but that's about it. There is some kissing and flirting and 2 supporting characters are stabbed to death. This movie is great but not for little kids!
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviereviewsforall November 10, 2013

a great movie!

I just saw this movie today, and it was awesome! I hadn't seen the first Thor movie, but I still followed along pretty well. The super heroes fight to save their world and their people, and they give off positive messages. However, there is a ton of suspense and action/violence (a lot of blood/fighting). There were a few kids to my left that were about 8 or 9 years old, and I thought that some scenes were WAY too violent and some of the language was too old for them. Overall, it was a great movie about family, saving the world, and romance.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRhian De Questa November 10, 2013

Good but not Great

Thor: The Dark World is a fascinating movie that is definitely more complicated than previous Marvel movies and also more violent, though not as much as Iron Man 3. Parents should know that in this film there is a bit of drinking, including a woman asking a man to 'have a drink with her' though it is on Asgard and therefore a bit different than on earth. Eric Selvig is shown naked on TV with parts blurred out. The violence is mostly super hero violence, though the amount of dead bodies shown on screen is high. There is little blood in comparison to an average fighting movie but for Marvel there is a decent amount. There is a lot of fighting, several people are stabbed, a character's hand is cut off, and two supporting characters are both brutally killed by having a sword run through them. (one is a woman). The language is nothing that a 13 year old can't handle, with the worst being s**t. As for a "scary" factor, the villain himself is none too terrifying but his henchmen's appearance might be frightening to younger children, and the powerful destructive force that possesses Jane also might be scary due to the changes that her eyes sometimes go through. Characters include Thor, of course, who is more responsible than the previous movie but still commits high treason against Odin. He is a strong lead however and there's nothing to complain about from him. Jane gets more screen time but still doesn't seem to be able to do anything for herself - the most fighting she ever does is slap Thor twice and Loki once, all the while letting Frigg, Thor, Loki and Sif do all the fighting for her. She is much a damsel in distress but we love her anyway. Speaking of Loki, Tom Hiddleston really steals the show. Loki seems to have developed a sense of humor in prison and provides comic relief as well as pulling profound senses of pity from us in certain scenes. It is still up for grabs whether or not he is a 'good guy' since he seems to be constantly helping and then backstabbing but then helping again (and it is shown that he really loved at least one member of his family), but we definitely do get to see more of Loki's good side and less of his evil. The main villain is completely unmemorable to the point that I can't even remember his name though he is acted well. He is cruel and typical in his plots, though he doesn't monologue which is a relief. Darcy returns and provides a bit of humor though she is mostly annoying. Odin is a bit weak but then Anthony Hopkins is getting old. Overall it is a good movie, with good characters and role models and messages, that I would buy so as to be able to watch again but not for younger children, and it is probably better to go into it with the mindset that the main plot line is cliche and it is the sub plots that make it worthwhile.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAFARNSWORTH November 12, 2013

Great movie but some controversy

I think that this movie something that is worth watching! The only really bad part was the news report with the nude person even though his privates are pixelated. There is a little bit of swearing whenever something happens. But Loki in this movie is hilarious. I would highly recommend this movie to kids 12 and up. There is quite a bit of violence but what else can you expect from a movie with a buff guy carrying a war hammer on the cover. If your child is not violence sensitive, this movie could be a possibility.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTreye November 12, 2013

Good movie

I think it is a great movie but a little violence.
Kid, 9 years old November 13, 2013

i want it on dvd

this movie is awsome so good and funny
Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 November 10, 2013

Thor the Dark World is the Worst in the Marvel Series but Still Okay.

From the title you can probably tell I wasn't crazy about Thor The Dark World. It is still a movie you have to see if your a fan of Marvel movies. I was hoping I would disagree with critics like I did with Kick Ass 2 but sadly I didn't. The special affects are great but really when it comes to superhero movies now are the special affects really ever bad. I'm sorry to say it but I'm getting a little tired of all the special affects in superhero movies, but there still good. The acting differs from good to okay. Everyone's favorite marvel villain is back and better then ever but did anyone really think Tom Hiddleston would do a bad job as Loki. Tom Hiddleston is by far the best thing in the movie. The actions scenes were well choreographed as well. I do have to give the story props for it is a little different then other Marvel Movies. But overall the story is still cliche and simple. That being said there is still a lot of humor. And stay after the BOTH credits there are 2 cutscenes. I missed the last one and had to look it up on youtube. So overall Thor The Dark World is the worst in the series but it is still fun to watch, it has some good performances as well as a great performance from Loki, it has great special affects good fight scenes and humor. The last thing I have to say is if you were to take all the Marvel characters out of this film, and if you were too also replace it with different characters you would not like the film as much.
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 November 12, 2013

New Thor film is just as awesome, if not more awesome, than the first one! Thrilling, has great action, and is funny! Another great entry in Marvel phase two...

Kid, 12 years old December 4, 2013

Thor=great

Thor is such a well made movie!!!!
Kid, 12 years old December 4, 2013

good

Good, but not great. The first was better with good humour.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFamilyTrek November 29, 2013

5th Goriest Marvel Movie! A good one to watch in HD

It is one of the violent Marvel 12a (PG-13) movies of all time. Iron Man 1 is the first, Ghost Rider at second, Captain America at third and X- Men Origins: Wolverine at fourth. Thor 2 contains moderate blood, when one of the villains dies his skin turns grey and his chest has a little bit of blood on it. Thor's mother dies from being stabbed (Some blood) and a monsters head is knocked off with Thor's hammer. Thor's mother and father drink wine a few times.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThomasLovesCinema November 30, 2013

Oh Boy... That Was Soo Bad

I think that was one of the worst marvel movies i've seen.....Effects we're awful (For being a marvel movie, c'mon people...) The movie it's annoying, the action sequences we're hilarious (not in a good way). The movie villian it's....DUMB... And the first and final battle it's really quick...But not good...Soo... People... Don't waste your time, watch a rock, it's more good than THOR 2
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovielover7271 November 28, 2013

Truly awesome!

The fist thor was amazing and I thought no other marvel movie (except avengers) could top it. I was wrong. Thor: TDW is about thor and jane reuniting, and forming an alliance with Loki and fighting to save the nine realms and destroy the evil malekith and his army. The humor is great and the action is EPIC but why I say it's ok for ages 9+ is because Darcy exclaims some pointless curse words (a-s, h--l) but nothing anybody at that age wouldn't know. Also, expect marvel and lord of the rings type deaths (minor) and some tricky plot twists. To sum it all up, pure scifi fun!
Teen, 14 years old Written byrating_guy December 1, 2013

okay movie

The movie isn't the best Thor movie, but still worth watching for marvel fans like me. The concept is deep or hard to grasp and it doesn't portray the villains evil or hard to defeat.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviebuff6996 November 16, 2013

Thor :The Dark World is an entertaining movie but is not even close to the greatness of the original.

The Positives are the acting (It’s good and all the actors fit their parts perfectly), the music (Fits the movie and overall sounds great), the pace (It’s extremely fast, and kept me paying attention to the screen), and the humor (The movie succeeded on this level rather well and had a lot of funny moments that weren’t really uncomfortable). The Negatives are the character development (Not one character was developed nor changed slightly. My main complaint is that Jane and Thor’s relationship gets little to no development and fewer attention besides some banter. I also didn’t like how the warriors three got little to no screen time and few dialogue), the villain (He was evil, but I really didn’t get a sense of dread from him. He certainly wasn’t terrifying and he didn’t even have a proper back story. I felt as though he should’ve been developed more), the storyline (The first thirty minutes felt like it came right out of the Lord of the Rings and the movie as a whole felt devoted to the action and not on the characters. The story also was rather clichéd in that the world was at stake but was done in a silly way that made little sense), the action scenes (Some are well done, but other action scenes felt like they just came out of Clash of the Titans, John Carter and even Lord of the Rings) and finally the ending (Without spoiling anything, what happen to Odin? Also where was SHIELD?). Overall Thor: The Dark World is entertaining but that is it. Don't go into it expecting thought-provoking themes, messages or even character development for that matter. For parents: Plenty of fantasy violence, some brief sexual content (Dr. Selvig runs around naked for a little while, but his private area is pixelated because it's on a TV screen and less then ten profanities (Mostly mild but there is one and a half uses of the s-word)