All member reviews for Thor: The Dark World

Teen, 14 years old Written byJeffrey9789 January 21, 2014

A very good marvel film for the fall season

Thor the dark world is a sequel to Thor and the avengers that will entertain you until the credits will start rolling the film takes place where the avengers left off its action packed has a lot of adventure and has Loki stealing the show with him being funny so if your a marvel fan and you liked the avengers and thor go see this film it is good
Kid, 10 years old January 21, 2014

Thor: The Dark World Review

Very Very Good. It has a lot of violence and some language. But it is very good. I love this movie and I'd be willing to watch it a ton of times when it comes out on DVD. Very Awesome Acting. Very Funny and very Fun of a movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDoctorWhoAndStuff January 13, 2014

More exciting than the first, and better one liners (Loki is amazing as usual)

I actually liked it better than the first, and it's competing with Captain America for my favorite Avengers "spin-off" (not really a spin off, but not sure what else to cal it). The comedy was better, and the action was more interesting to me. It seemed even more fantasy-based, which I personally enjoy. Loki's role in this movie was just as amazing as the others. Loki is my favorite character in any of the Avengers movies, and just really entertaining. I cried a lot though, so if you are a serious fan, be warned. Also, obviously, being a PG-13 superhero movie, it's not made for little kids. Just because they watch the cartoon doesn't mean they should watch the move. But depending on the kid, it could be fine for a 12-year old or younger.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDorotea January 12, 2014

Thor

Kid, 11 years old January 11, 2014

Great movie, way better than the original!

This movie is very entertaining and great for all Marvel fans. I think this movie is the best Marvel movie since The Avengers! This movie, though, is too intense for young children, although not bloody. Language isn't too strong, with only a few uses of "hell" and "s--t", and one scene that little kids shouldn't be watching is when a drunk Erik Selvig is running around the Stonehenge naked (private parts are blurred) on TV (I actually cracked up in that scene).
Kid, 12 years old January 7, 2014

Wrong, CSM...

Csm got this one wrong. Good movie. As good as the first. Some language, lots of violence, some drinking.
Kid, 9 years old January 1, 2014

THE DARK WORLD

it was one of the best movies EVER. i really liked it. it has a good story line.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 November 23, 2013

Not a great story, but visually stunning!

I realized some superhero films like "Iron Man 3" were meant to have witty, funny rapid-fire dialogue and special effects, and it failed hugely on one of those counts. "Thor 2" on the other hand does NOT focus hugely on story, and even though it has lame humor, courtesy of no one's favorite sidekick Kat Dennings, the movie is more of a comic book/video game rather than an actual film. Hemsworth is solid and has established his trademark as Thor, gratefully dialing back the arrogance from "The Avengers" and the original "Thor." Loki as you've well heard steals the show, certainly providing the most depth and getting the best laughs out of this visually gorgeous but story-lackluster blockbuster.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLordoftheRings1997 November 19, 2013

AMAZING! Stunning, entertaining, and emotional!

This film was incredible! Wonderful positive messages and some great role models! Biggest problems: A few uses of the D word and misuses of hell, as well as one and a half uses of the "S" word. Other problem is a scene where a character is shown running around naked, though private areas are pixelated. Thor once again is great, as always a chivalrous and kind hero. Jane was even better in this movie than in the first one! She was again smart, and definitely NOT the damsel in distress that everyone says she is! Loki, as usual, stole Thor's thunder. He continually surprised me! There are a few kisses, but no overly sexual content. All in all, this is a great movie for people 12 and up! Parents should watch first for younger ages. Make sure to stay through the entire credits! There are two scenes, one that will be at the very end! I give this move a 5 out of 5 stars!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySnowyjoe November 19, 2013

Thor: The Dark World Review

Really violent, and sometimes a little scary. Also a little bit of swearing. One part shows a guy naked, but his privates are blurred out. The movie is pretty awesome though!
Teen, 15 years old Written byJosh2515 November 17, 2013

Decent movie good addition to the marvel series.

Decent movie way better than the first. Not over the top violence but people get shot stabbed hit with thors hammer necks are broken One character gets his/her hand cut off. I like how they try to make you think if loki is going to turn out good or bad in the end.
Kid, 10 years old November 17, 2013

Thor

just saw it today and it was awesome!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnna J November 17, 2013

Great For All Ages

When I first saw the Thor movie, I was entertained but it wasn't my favorite. This time, I as happily surprised. In my opinion this one is much better than the first. The only worries for my family was language and violence. Darcy does say s**** twice and there is fantasy violence. But that's all.
Teen, 17 years old Written byletztalkmoveez November 17, 2013

THOR SMASH

I think the Marvel Cinematic Universe at this point is just one big self-referential joke, and I'm totally okay with that. In a post-"Avengers" world all I can really ask for is something out there and really fun to watch. I just wish "Thor: The Dark World" would have become that wacky, zany, kooky adventure a little sooner. I really did start having a ball during that back-half (yeah, Loki!), but "Iron Man 3" easily wins 2013.