All member reviews for Thor: The Dark World

Teen, 13 years old Written bySnowyjoe November 19, 2013

Thor: The Dark World Review

Really violent, and sometimes a little scary. Also a little bit of swearing. One part shows a guy naked, but his privates are blurred out. The movie is pretty awesome though!
Teen, 15 years old Written byJosh2515 November 17, 2013

Decent movie good addition to the marvel series.

Decent movie way better than the first. Not over the top violence but people get shot stabbed hit with thors hammer necks are broken One character gets his/her hand cut off. I like how they try to make you think if loki is going to turn out good or bad in the end.
Kid, 10 years old November 17, 2013

Thor

just saw it today and it was awesome!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnna J November 17, 2013

Great For All Ages

When I first saw the Thor movie, I was entertained but it wasn't my favorite. This time, I as happily surprised. In my opinion this one is much better than the first. The only worries for my family was language and violence. Darcy does say s**** twice and there is fantasy violence. But that's all.
Teen, 17 years old Written byletztalkmoveez November 17, 2013

THOR SMASH

I think the Marvel Cinematic Universe at this point is just one big self-referential joke, and I'm totally okay with that. In a post-"Avengers" world all I can really ask for is something out there and really fun to watch. I just wish "Thor: The Dark World" would have become that wacky, zany, kooky adventure a little sooner. I really did start having a ball during that back-half (yeah, Loki!), but "Iron Man 3" easily wins 2013.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviebuff6996 November 16, 2013

Thor :The Dark World is an entertaining movie but is not even close to the greatness of the original.

The Positives are the acting (It’s good and all the actors fit their parts perfectly), the music (Fits the movie and overall sounds great), the pace (It’s extremely fast, and kept me paying attention to the screen), and the humor (The movie succeeded on this level rather well and had a lot of funny moments that weren’t really uncomfortable). The Negatives are the character development (Not one character was developed nor changed slightly. My main complaint is that Jane and Thor’s relationship gets little to no development and fewer attention besides some banter. I also didn’t like how the warriors three got little to no screen time and few dialogue), the villain (He was evil, but I really didn’t get a sense of dread from him. He certainly wasn’t terrifying and he didn’t even have a proper back story. I felt as though he should’ve been developed more), the storyline (The first thirty minutes felt like it came right out of the Lord of the Rings and the movie as a whole felt devoted to the action and not on the characters. The story also was rather clichéd in that the world was at stake but was done in a silly way that made little sense), the action scenes (Some are well done, but other action scenes felt like they just came out of Clash of the Titans, John Carter and even Lord of the Rings) and finally the ending (Without spoiling anything, what happen to Odin? Also where was SHIELD?). Overall Thor: The Dark World is entertaining but that is it. Don't go into it expecting thought-provoking themes, messages or even character development for that matter. For parents: Plenty of fantasy violence, some brief sexual content (Dr. Selvig runs around naked for a little while, but his private area is pixelated because it's on a TV screen and less then ten profanities (Mostly mild but there is one and a half uses of the s-word)
Kid, 9 years old November 13, 2013

i want it on dvd

this movie is awsome so good and funny
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 November 12, 2013

New Thor film is just as awesome, if not more awesome, than the first one! Thrilling, has great action, and is funny! Another great entry in Marvel phase two...

Teen, 13 years old Written byTreye November 12, 2013

Good movie

I think it is a great movie but a little violence.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviereviewsforall November 10, 2013

a great movie!

I just saw this movie today, and it was awesome! I hadn't seen the first Thor movie, but I still followed along pretty well. The super heroes fight to save their world and their people, and they give off positive messages. However, there is a ton of suspense and action/violence (a lot of blood/fighting). There were a few kids to my left that were about 8 or 9 years old, and I thought that some scenes were WAY too violent and some of the language was too old for them. Overall, it was a great movie about family, saving the world, and romance.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 November 10, 2013

Thor the Dark World is the Worst in the Marvel Series but Still Okay.

From the title you can probably tell I wasn't crazy about Thor The Dark World. It is still a movie you have to see if your a fan of Marvel movies. I was hoping I would disagree with critics like I did with Kick Ass 2 but sadly I didn't. The special affects are great but really when it comes to superhero movies now are the special affects really ever bad. I'm sorry to say it but I'm getting a little tired of all the special affects in superhero movies, but there still good. The acting differs from good to okay. Everyone's favorite marvel villain is back and better then ever but did anyone really think Tom Hiddleston would do a bad job as Loki. Tom Hiddleston is by far the best thing in the movie. The actions scenes were well choreographed as well. I do have to give the story props for it is a little different then other Marvel Movies. But overall the story is still cliche and simple. That being said there is still a lot of humor. And stay after the BOTH credits there are 2 cutscenes. I missed the last one and had to look it up on youtube. So overall Thor The Dark World is the worst in the series but it is still fun to watch, it has some good performances as well as a great performance from Loki, it has great special affects good fight scenes and humor. The last thing I have to say is if you were to take all the Marvel characters out of this film, and if you were too also replace it with different characters you would not like the film as much.
Kid, 10 years old November 9, 2013

Great but not for younger ones.

Parents need to know that Thor the dark world is a very well done film. Although, if you took your younger ones to see the original Thor, it may not be a good idea to let them see this one. This film has plenty of violence which includes shooting (but not very much). It also features some stabbing and chocking. The villain in this film is downright menacing and his assistant is even worse. Profanity is moderate you will hear shut up h-ll and s--t, but that's about it. There is some kissing and flirting and 2 supporting characters are stabbed to death. This movie is great but not for little kids!
Teen, 16 years old Written byrebma97 November 8, 2013

Not as good as the first (2.5/5 stars)

This film was okay, but not as good as the first one. Malekith wasn't an interesting villain to me (his motives seemed mediocre), Jane was possessed for much of the film and didn't get to do much, Odin was a jerk, Darcy and her sidekick annoyed me, and the script overall wasn't as interesting as the first film's was to me. With that being said, Tom Hiddleston was fabulous (and hilarious) as Loki and the film had some good humor in it. Overall it was okay but could have been better. Violence: Lots of action scenes, mainly with Thor, including him throwing his hammer and conjuring lightning at them, weapons stuff used, blood, some characters are killed, and typical superhero stuff. Jane slaps Thor twice and punches Loki once (played for comic relief). Sex: Some kissing, mostly between Jane and Thor. Language: "S--t" twice (the second time it's cut off), "h*ll", and the like.