All member reviews for Thor: The Dark World

Teen, 17 years old Written byndrwcd November 7, 2013

best movie of November 2013

same level as the Avengers,better than the original Thor movie,best superhero movie of 2013,no language I could recall
Kid, 11 years old November 8, 2013

I'd probably rate this maybe 3.5 or 4 stars.

I saw this movie, and I don't know which one I like better. Loki was really funny. :) Violence: Blood, and fighting. Jane slaps Thor twice, out of anger. Language: Few words like, "shut up, "h-ll," and "holy s--t." Sex: Some kissing and flirting. Erik Selvig is shown naked on tv, but has a cover over his private areas.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRhian De Questa November 10, 2013

Good but not Great

Thor: The Dark World is a fascinating movie that is definitely more complicated than previous Marvel movies and also more violent, though not as much as Iron Man 3. Parents should know that in this film there is a bit of drinking, including a woman asking a man to 'have a drink with her' though it is on Asgard and therefore a bit different than on earth. Eric Selvig is shown naked on TV with parts blurred out. The violence is mostly super hero violence, though the amount of dead bodies shown on screen is high. There is little blood in comparison to an average fighting movie but for Marvel there is a decent amount. There is a lot of fighting, several people are stabbed, a character's hand is cut off, and two supporting characters are both brutally killed by having a sword run through them. (one is a woman). The language is nothing that a 13 year old can't handle, with the worst being s**t. As for a "scary" factor, the villain himself is none too terrifying but his henchmen's appearance might be frightening to younger children, and the powerful destructive force that possesses Jane also might be scary due to the changes that her eyes sometimes go through. Characters include Thor, of course, who is more responsible than the previous movie but still commits high treason against Odin. He is a strong lead however and there's nothing to complain about from him. Jane gets more screen time but still doesn't seem to be able to do anything for herself - the most fighting she ever does is slap Thor twice and Loki once, all the while letting Frigg, Thor, Loki and Sif do all the fighting for her. She is much a damsel in distress but we love her anyway. Speaking of Loki, Tom Hiddleston really steals the show. Loki seems to have developed a sense of humor in prison and provides comic relief as well as pulling profound senses of pity from us in certain scenes. It is still up for grabs whether or not he is a 'good guy' since he seems to be constantly helping and then backstabbing but then helping again (and it is shown that he really loved at least one member of his family), but we definitely do get to see more of Loki's good side and less of his evil. The main villain is completely unmemorable to the point that I can't even remember his name though he is acted well. He is cruel and typical in his plots, though he doesn't monologue which is a relief. Darcy returns and provides a bit of humor though she is mostly annoying. Odin is a bit weak but then Anthony Hopkins is getting old. Overall it is a good movie, with good characters and role models and messages, that I would buy so as to be able to watch again but not for younger children, and it is probably better to go into it with the mindset that the main plot line is cliche and it is the sub plots that make it worthwhile.
Kid, 10 years old November 9, 2013

Teen, 13 years old Written byThomasLovesCinema November 30, 2013

Oh Boy... That Was Soo Bad

I think that was one of the worst marvel movies i've seen.....Effects we're awful (For being a marvel movie, c'mon people...) The movie it's annoying, the action sequences we're hilarious (not in a good way). The movie villian it's....DUMB... And the first and final battle it's really quick...But not good...Soo... People... Don't waste your time, watch a rock, it's more good than THOR 2
Teen, 14 years old Written bydeadstiel January 31, 2014

the dark world packs a great punch

I was really looking forward to this movie and I wasn't very disappointed. In my opinion, the Thor movies seem to be the worst of all the Marvel movies I've seen but they're still good. Eccleston as the dark elf was really great, especially being a Doctor who fan. There's a little violence and some really attractive actors. *cough Tom Hiddleston cough*
Teen, 14 years old Written byJeffrey9789 January 21, 2014

A very good marvel film for the fall season

Thor the dark world is a sequel to Thor and the avengers that will entertain you until the credits will start rolling the film takes place where the avengers left off its action packed has a lot of adventure and has Loki stealing the show with him being funny so if your a marvel fan and you liked the avengers and thor go see this film it is good
Kid, 10 years old January 21, 2014

Thor: The Dark World Review

Very Very Good. It has a lot of violence and some language. But it is very good. I love this movie and I'd be willing to watch it a ton of times when it comes out on DVD. Very Awesome Acting. Very Funny and very Fun of a movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDoctorWhoAndStuff January 13, 2014

More exciting than the first, and better one liners (Loki is amazing as usual)

I actually liked it better than the first, and it's competing with Captain America for my favorite Avengers "spin-off" (not really a spin off, but not sure what else to cal it). The comedy was better, and the action was more interesting to me. It seemed even more fantasy-based, which I personally enjoy. Loki's role in this movie was just as amazing as the others. Loki is my favorite character in any of the Avengers movies, and just really entertaining. I cried a lot though, so if you are a serious fan, be warned. Also, obviously, being a PG-13 superhero movie, it's not made for little kids. Just because they watch the cartoon doesn't mean they should watch the move. But depending on the kid, it could be fine for a 12-year old or younger.
Kid, 11 years old January 11, 2014

Great movie, way better than the original!

This movie is very entertaining and great for all Marvel fans. I think this movie is the best Marvel movie since The Avengers! This movie, though, is too intense for young children, although not bloody. Language isn't too strong, with only a few uses of "hell" and "s--t", and one scene that little kids shouldn't be watching is when a drunk Erik Selvig is running around the Stonehenge naked (private parts are blurred) on TV (I actually cracked up in that scene).
Kid, 9 years old January 1, 2014

THE DARK WORLD

it was one of the best movies EVER. i really liked it. it has a good story line.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLordoftheRings1997 November 19, 2013

AMAZING! Stunning, entertaining, and emotional!

This film was incredible! Wonderful positive messages and some great role models! Biggest problems: A few uses of the D word and misuses of hell, as well as one and a half uses of the "S" word. Other problem is a scene where a character is shown running around naked, though private areas are pixelated. Thor once again is great, as always a chivalrous and kind hero. Jane was even better in this movie than in the first one! She was again smart, and definitely NOT the damsel in distress that everyone says she is! Loki, as usual, stole Thor's thunder. He continually surprised me! There are a few kisses, but no overly sexual content. All in all, this is a great movie for people 12 and up! Parents should watch first for younger ages. Make sure to stay through the entire credits! There are two scenes, one that will be at the very end! I give this move a 5 out of 5 stars!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySnowyjoe November 19, 2013

Thor: The Dark World Review

Really violent, and sometimes a little scary. Also a little bit of swearing. One part shows a guy naked, but his privates are blurred out. The movie is pretty awesome though!
Kid, 10 years old November 17, 2013

Thor

just saw it today and it was awesome!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAFARNSWORTH November 12, 2013

Great movie but some controversy

I think that this movie something that is worth watching! The only really bad part was the news report with the nude person even though his privates are pixelated. There is a little bit of swearing whenever something happens. But Loki in this movie is hilarious. I would highly recommend this movie to kids 12 and up. There is quite a bit of violence but what else can you expect from a movie with a buff guy carrying a war hammer on the cover. If your child is not violence sensitive, this movie could be a possibility.
Teen, 15 years old Written bystargirl132 November 9, 2013

Loki steals the show.

Am I the only one who REALLY liked this movie? ok, I'm a loki fangirl, but this was really a great movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byChickemax July 25, 2015

Strange, unfinished plot. Average violence and romance. Under average language. I dislike how technologically advanced the asgardians and dark elves are though
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew July 22, 2015
Kid, 10 years old May 22, 2015

Kid, 8 years old May 15, 2015

Dumb,lackluster,cliched fantasy movie is very graphic and brutal.

My rating:R for sequences of strong violence,bloody images,and some racy content.