All teen and kid member reviews for Thor

Kid, 12 years old May 7, 2011

the power of thor

awesome movie, with lots of "end-of-the-world" action. some swear words like "hell" and "dumba**"
Kid, 12 years old June 21, 2011

thor movie review

It was okay
Kid, 12 years old May 28, 2011

Weak

Okay, I'm twelve, and those blue people terrified me. I mean, if they bother me, what will a poor little 5, 6, or 7 year old think? And these blue people aren't Na'vi. They're DISTURBING. Also, WAY TOO LOUD!!!!!! I saw it in theaters and left half deaf!!!!!!!! The storyline was decidedly weak, and the romance was HORRIBLE, so unless you're a total tomboy, girls, don't watch. However, boys of all ages will totally love this.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydrumstick May 17, 2011

okay movie but bad effects

I LOVE action movies, so when I saw the ad for "THOR" I thought to myself "yes an action movie" My type of action movies is shooting, blood and gore, blowing up and fighting. So I went to the cinema, got my popcorn and coke, sat down ready to watch and after two minutes into the movie I realised this wasn't my typical action movie. for starters there was no gore, just a couple of blood noses, hardly any blowing up, all the fighting was computer generated so it was nearly like an animated film and most of the shooting was by Thors giant hammer and it shot lightining bolts. So it turned out not to be that violent, it also turned out to be under okay
Teen, 15 years old Written byChicken Whisperer December 2, 2011

Pretty good.

Thor, while a bit more boring than Marvel Studios' other theatrical outing this year (Captain America) is still a solid superhero film. The film can teach children about the difference between right and wrong, as well as the consequences that face those kinds of descisions. The film also has very little suggestive and inappropriate material in it, which makes this film good for kids of almost any age.
Teen, 13 years old Written byshockninja November 6, 2011

Not as Bad as You Think

At first, I was afraid to see this movie because of the monsters, but they weren't as bad as I thought, but they were still freaky. Not much language or sexual content. Only complaint is the Plot was a bit weak.
Kid, 12 years old June 8, 2011

GREAT MOVIE!!!!!!!!

this was a great movie and frankly, I dont know why this is rated PG-13. It has a great message and good role models but I think maybe a little to much violence for anyone younger than ten, unless your kids do not mind violence then you can take a younger child. it isnt gorey at all so no need to worry if your kid has a light stomach. I hope this helps you decide about the movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byobiwan3301 November 13, 2015

Not enough action, but still good

One of the cleanest Marvel films, but sadly not one of the best. All the actors were great, and the story was solid. Yet there was just not enough action. Yet it is still worth watching. And Thor is a good role model, not his stupidity but the way he sacrificed himself for others was touching. All in all it's a great movie and a must see for comic fans.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpider-Man 2099 October 20, 2015
Kid, 12 years old October 9, 2015

I had fun with this.

Suggested rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi action violence, some scary moments, and brief partial nudity
Teen, 13 years old Written byTimelordiness September 7, 2015

Star lord of the rings

I put this movie below all the other Marvel movies except maybe Iron Man three. I enjoyed watching it, but that might just have been because of the actors. The violence is very minimal. There were a few instances of strong language, and one character gets very drunk. There was a good message, and some positive role models, as well as believable emotional scenes and family struggles. However, the classic fish out of water story was predictable and cheesy. The violence was definitely there, but less than in any of the other Marvel movies and it was mostly fantastical, non-scary action sequences. It's a good movie for young kids who aren't ready for the avengers, iron man or captain America. There was little sexual content, just one very long kiss that my brothers giggled about. One thing I noticed that a lot of reviewers missed was what could have been a rape threat close to the end. It is very brief, and most kids won't notice or understand, but I thought it worth mentioning.
Teen, 13 years old Written byChickemax July 24, 2015
Good movie. Not much violence, under average for a super hero movie. Not much language or romance either. Nice plot and a good way to introduce many characters at once
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew July 22, 2015
Kid, 11 years old June 20, 2015

A big Marvel surprise

Back when I was 7, I heard that there is another Marvel movie coming. I was so excited that I waited for the commercial to come out in TV, and it was Thor. I finally watched another Marvel movie. There is a message in the film that just governance requires wisdom and humility. Thor is a good role model example. He's not only strong and corageous, but he is thoughtful and wise. Though he broke some rules. A smart scientist doesn't stop her research. Sex includes some flirting with Thor and Jane, but overall there is not much. But it's really intense and violent but not gory and no blood shows up. Language is very few. Of course, Thor is based on real life Marvel comic books. 7-11 is also seen in the movie. There is drinking, but it's very few. Good movie, but my warnings above are a problem.
Kid, 8 years old May 19, 2015

Boring, lame, pointless, actionless, pointless thats all this dumb movie serves up.

My rating PG for: brief violent action.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydkasal000 April 21, 2015
Good but not great
Kid, 10 years old March 14, 2015
Kid, 9 years old January 17, 2015

Awesome

Quick scenes that are pretty violent. A robot makes big explosions. This movie is recommended for people that don't mind stabbing
Teen, 15 years old Written bySaad1Khan November 14, 2014
Kid, 11 years old October 24, 2014

Not much action and superheroes for a superhero movie

Violence- 2 (Two fights)