Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Tin Man

Wizard of Oz meets Blade Runner.

Adult Written byIntermission April 9, 2008

Sci-fi adaptation not bad bad, but not great either

The movie seems to ramble on for a good portion of the series, so you have to have patience. Dorothy seems to be more than a bit lost and confused. How she manages to keep pressing forward to the end mystifies. Most people in a similar situation would probably resign themselves to their fate, and settle down to a quiet life in the face of so many threats to life and limb, but the story would not be the same I suppose... But press on she does, and quite a few times I wondered if it was going to be worth it to see it through to the end myself. Kids will probably leave to do other stuff at some point. By the last installment you begin to see the "why" of it all, but you still don't know how it will all turn out, but it will be predictable all the same. If I had to choose, I would pick Judy Garland every time, and so would your kids, I imagine.
Parent of a 12 and 14 year old Written bybiglamb November 14, 2009

Wizard of OZ with a modern twist

I thought they did a great job taking a classic story and putting a twist on it. My husband and myself watched it when it came out and couldn't wait until the next night to catch more of it. You really need to watch Wizard of Oz before you see it to freshen up on things. There was one part where the "evil" sister was looking into a green light, and the light on her face made her look like the witch in the Wizard of Oz...it was pretty genius how they did several things like that to see if you're paying attention to the small details.