All member reviews for Titanic

Kid, 12 years old September 6, 2012

Best Movie if you don't mind some scenes

MY FAV ALONG WITH SOUND OF MUSIC!!! Some scenes not appropriate for kids (sex, cursing, ect.) Titanic was all I thought about for a couple of days it was so engaging and intriguing especially in 3D. Wouldn't recommend this to kids the sinking is somewhat intense. Loved it though.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymuffinman221 August 19, 2012

Fantastic, but bring out the tissues.

I absolutely adore this movie. It is a classic, and I can turn it on anytime and love it. However, I say 13 and up only because it is at this age when the MAJORITY of kids have reached a level of maturity that will allow them to fully enjoy and understand this movie. The entire second half of the movie is very emotional and devastating, and I think it should be reserved for those 13 years old and above. Needless to say, each kid is different, maybe those younger can handle it, and those older should still wait for a bit.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRelaya Neah August 4, 2012

Titanic

i loved it
Teen, 13 years old Written byagct98 July 28, 2012

One of the best movies of all time and doesn't need to be sheltered from kids.

Everyone here needs to calm down. If your kids are 13, 14, 15, etc they've already seen sexual content and violence and swearing. Hey, they probably swear themselves. Deny it all you want, but it's true. The nude scene is tastefully done and showcases a woman's body as art rather than a sex object. The sex scene between Rose and Jack doesn't show anything and is also tastefully done. Violence is to be expected but there's nothing gory. All in all this is a msaterpiece of a movie that everyone should see.
Teen, 15 years old Written bytherightinfo July 25, 2012

Worthy classic by James Cameron

Titanic is a super 1997 blockbuster about a 101 year old woman (Gloria Stuart)telling the story about her as a 17 year old girl Rose(Kate Winslet) who has a forbidden romance with lower class 20 year old boy Jack Dawson(Leonardo DiCaprio). When they witness the Titanic crashing into an iceburg, they later find the ship is sinking so race for survival. Titanic has a long runtime (193 minutes-3hours 13minutes) Titanic's content tends to get rougher than other PG-13 rated films. It contains nudity(a nude Rose),sexual content(Jack and Rose having "it" in a car),violence(intense scenes of screaming,drowning and goind down with the ship whilst the Titanic sinks) and language(2 uses of the F word,1 use of the B words ,1 use of shi* ,1 use of as* and bastar*.) If you are under 13 watch Titanic with a parent or adult.
Kid, 11 years old July 10, 2012

ok

I didn't like this movie at all, The first is ok, but the end is extremely intense, scary,and very dark I think you'd have to be at least 15 to enjoy this movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycharlie.rainbow July 8, 2012

A Heart- Wrenching Tale Aboard the Titanic

I love this movie! It made me cry numerous times! The end is heart-breaking and SO SAD! But this movie is a must-see for older kids and all adults! There are some iffy scenes, but you can always fast forward. There are several great messages and the characters have such depth to them. You really get attached :)
Teen, 14 years old Written bydlouc June 28, 2012

Amazing but Intense

This film is amazing, and an absolute must-see. But be warned. It is intense. There is some sexuality, though it is brief. There is an awful lot of violence, though. There are several attempted murders (and successful ones) and suicides. You also witness thousands of people drowning over the course of the film, either from being trapped below deck or in the water (though in the water the people die of hypothermia). Corpses are shown frequently and some can be quite gory. There is one scene that is known to be rather disturbing for all ages. Towards the ends, after the ship has sunk, a lifeboat goes back to try and save people. They find around a thousand people, all dead. Among those dead people are a mother and her infant (both dead) and (SPOILER ALERT!!!) Jack. This film is great, just be prepared.
Kid, 12 years old June 23, 2012

Very mature, other than that Wonderful!

My rating PG-13: for sexual content and sensuality, images of nudity, intense disaster related peril and violence and brief strong language.
Kid, 8 years old June 13, 2012

Heck of a movie!

Overall, I think this is a heck of a movie! I loved it, even though after the movie I was very tired because I felt like I'd been swimming in the ocean, because of seeing it in 3-D at the theatre. There is some sexiness to the movie. And lots of people die.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySarah James June 10, 2012

What I think?

I recommend that this movie is a very strong sex scene that children under 12 shouldn't watch, the movie is fascinating and really good for adults to watch but for kids...NO WAY!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bytina7c11 June 2, 2012

James Cameron's Titanic

Titanic tells the story of two lovers named Jack, and Rose. Titanic is a beautiful movie. The flim has a rich story line, and emontionly complex characters. This flim is also a big tear jeker. There is mass distrution when the Titanic begings to sink. Jack, and Rose also kiss, and have sex. Launge, and drinking are also implied. This a really beatiful movie. That should leave audiness cherring , but also crying too. Titanic remaines ''the king of the world!''
Teen, 13 years old Written byBelmarmoives May 27, 2012

BELMAR PRESENTS

personaly i just loved the moive titanic i will admit not for kids but its just one of the clasics wow hands down tarific!
Kid, 11 years old May 27, 2012

James Cameron's best!

Titanic was probably one of the best movies I ever saw. It was really sad in the end especially when ____ dies. The violence was intense but not like other really violent movies. The sexual content was in two scenes. The first one was a nude drawing scene and the second was sex in the backseat of a car.
Kid, 12 years old May 18, 2012

so good!!!!!

This movie is really good! I am 12 so I really enjoyed it!
Teen, 13 years old Written bydavstern May 14, 2012

Epic and sensational, one of the best movies of all time

I rate Titanic iffy for ages 12-14 Parents need to know that some parents wouldn't let their kids see Titanic, not b/c of the sinking, but b/c of the nudity and brief sex scene, and kids might argue. But it is really the entire sinking, which, by the way, is the entire second half of the three hour film. There is mass chaos and violence. Tweens who are mature enough for the sinking should definitely be mature enough for the sexuality. VIOLENCE: 4/5- The true, tragic sinking of the Titanic is for the entire second half of the three hour film. There is mass chaos and falls. Fathers are forced to leave their wives and daughters. Although it's brief, there is suicide. A characters are shot at, and Jack and Rose are often inside the ship while it's in the middle of sinking. We see frozen, dead bodies afloat. Cal swaps freezing people with an oar away from his lifeboat b/c he's worried about being "swamped". The entire movie is very emotional, especially in the end, and may leave sensitive ones in tears. SEX: 2/5- Rose is topless as she poses for Jack to draw her naked. They later make love in the back seat of a car. They're on top of each other, sweaty. No nudity in that scene. PROFANITY: 1/5- A good amount of "S" words, 1 "F", other mild language, Cal calls Rose a sl-t. DDS: 1/5- Passengers often smoke and drink. Movies related to Titanic Avatar Titanic The Hunger Games The Poseidon Adventure Poseidon
Kid, 12 years old May 14, 2012

Great Movie - Few Unessecery and Inappropriate Scenes!

People should know that Titanic is one of the best movies of all time however behind all the action, there are clips of a woman's breasts once or twice (on paper). But if your children are mature enough - watch it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHazeJW May 1, 2012

Really good

Really good. I cryed a lot. Sad. They kissed and did it. But still loved it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybooklover27 April 29, 2012

Love this movie

I LOVE this movie! It is so sad but a really sweet movie! I cried SO HARD watching this movie! I cried for and hour and a half of the movie!!! If you're a girl, the nudity really is no problem, but it may be awkward watching it with others. Jack and Rose do have sex bu it's not anything horrible for a teen, and no nudity is shown then, only when Jack draws Rose.
Kid, 11 years old April 27, 2012

My MPAA rating

Intense peril and violent disturbing images, some bloody gunfights, graphic nudity and sexuality, and strong language throughout.