All member reviews for Titanic

Kid, 12 years old May 17, 2011

AMAZING!!!!

You have to realize, this is one of the best movies ever made. I Personally think that this movie is fine for 12+ it has mild kissing and it does have a topless woman posing for a painting but that scene only last 2-3 minutes. There is Some violence and some language. This is an amazing must see movie!
Parent of a 6, 8, and 10 year old Written byteamworkfun September 14, 2009

Love it.

As a parent, I would never let my kids near this movie, but It's a great movie for me. The scene where Rose poses for Jack, and the implied sex is way too mature for anyone under 16. It's violent, and had language, but it's a really great movie. It's very tragic and is extremely well made. Just make sure the kids don't see it until there late teens.
Adult Written byjustkylermat August 18, 2009

This has been my favorite movie since I was a young child. It is very emotional and is for mature children. This is a great movie for mature tweens and teens, a MUST SEE!!!
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written bystarrparrent1 November 24, 2011

Sex,Language,Drinking,Smoking.

sexual: there is a scene where you see a picture of Rose naked. language:S--t is used often drinking is at dinner on the ship and Rose and Jack both have smoked a cigarette by the end of the movie. My family watched it together and i made my 9 year old close her eyes when you saw the picture Jack painted of Rose.
Adult Written byDr3w November 8, 2011

Not the Worst PG-13 Ever

"I would much rather have my child see some brief, chaste nudity than be exposed to this potentially traumatizing violence." This is a silly statement for a few reasons. 1) What exactly does "chaste nudity" mean? It's a new concept for me since I thought that the very act of being naked in a film was by definition unchaste. Shows how little I know. 2) Why expose them to either? It's not like you have to choose between violence or sexuality/nudity. You can choose not to expose your children to either one and that would probably be the better choice. 3) Female nudity is appealing to guys! That's the whole reason that my family chooses to avoid movies where women are shown in any state of undress. It's not because it offends us, but because it attracts us. Naked women in films encourage young men to look at women not as people but as sexual objects. Also, when young men finally do choose to get married, they will compare their wives to the naked bodies they have seen in films and perhaps value their spouses less. Violence, on the other hand, while it can be attractive to guys, if it is handled correctly, is not nearly as damaging for young men to see. It can even be a helpful teaching tool. I would agree that this movie is not the worst PG-13 movie out there for teens to see. But I would rather choose entertainment that doesn't sexually assault the young men in my family.
Adult Written bydayspring March 20, 2010

Definitely NOT for children and teens!

I am shocked that you approve of this movie for 12 and up! I was sitting behind my 16 year old son at the preview of this movie years ago and was extremely embarrassed at the nudity and sex scenes. The sex scene didn't have to be graphic to be totally inappropriate! I left and went to the restroom! The rest of the movie was totally ruined for me, and I have not and will never see it again. Shame on James Cameron. It could have been such a good movie without those offensive scenes, which were in my opinion, completely gratuitous!
Parent of a 15 year old Written byTsion January 4, 2011

Great Movie for Older Teens and Adults...

TITANIC was never meant to be a kid's movie, hence the PG-13 rating. I admit that it is a bit edgier than other PG-13 movies, but it never really deserves an R rating. I am very concerned about what I expose my children to, yet even I was surprised at a lot of reviews on this page that described the content in the film as "horrifying" and shocking. The movie does have a fair bit of language in it, but considering the over three hour running time, profanity is actually quite sparse. There is one "f" word, but other than that, there is much less profanity in this film than in many other PG-13 movies, especially when given the long running time of the movie. There is brief nudity, but I didn't find it to be extremely offensive. Considering the fashions in which most nudity is portrayed in films today, this scene was very chaste and brief. You see the woman's breasts and the top of her butt for probably ten seconds max. It isn't presented in a lewd or overtly sexual manner, and while obviously it isn't a wise choice for the lead character to make, it certainly never encourages teen girls to do anything of the kind. The love scene is even shorter than the first scene, and shows absolutely nothing. While kids should understand that this is poor behavior, the film never promotes it. The main aspect of the film parents should be wary about is the harrowing violence. This is one of the most difficult movies I've ever seen, as an adult even. Mass panic is shown as people drown and plunge to their deaths as the ship sinks. Mothers and daughters are shown crying out for each other as they slowly perish, and children are lost in the midst of the hysteria. People commit suicide, and almost all of the main characters perish. For an extended period of time, we see frozen bodies of victims in the water, including those of infants. I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I would much rather have my child see some brief, chaste nudity than be exposed to this potentially traumatizing violence. For that reason, I recommend the film for ages 15+ for kids to watch alone, perhaps younger if accompanied by a parent.
Adult Written byAmeliaKaderWood June 22, 2009

Oscar worthy!

Ok, All I could say is that this film was really awesome, and tear-jerking. I must say that those who plan to watch this, should be warned about some stuff. First of all, there are a few gun-shootings where some blood appears; which is why I chose one of my concerns as violence. As for sexual content, that's my highest warning. Rose went nude showing bare breasts and there were some passionate kisses and love scenes. People also went drunk and smoked for a little in a party/dancing scene, but this concern is only mild in the movie, and there are no drugs. Over all, this is a very good movie. Titanic contains a good love story but although some people say the ending is very sad, it actually isn't...and you'll see why, as soon as you watch it, if you haven't seen it yet.
Parent of an infant, 1, 5, 6, 9, and 12 year old Written bymkenna6 October 13, 2011

Titanic Revew~

I love titanic to death! Its sooo good!! I would not recomed it for kids under 11 or 12. It has alot of cuss words and alot of violence and profanity. I one scene a man shoots himself and another seen a man jups of the boat and his leg is decapitated. In one scene rose poses naked for Jack. On some movies it shows her brests and lower girl parts. But on televison it does not show anything. In another scene Jack and Rose make love in a vehicle and you see them nude and laying on top of one another. The windows are fogged up and you see a hand silde down the back window and when they are on top of one another they kiss passionately. When they leave the car, they go to the top deck and kiss passionately. But other than that its really good! I would recomend the movie for teens ages 13 and up... But I would watch this movie over and over again till Im sick!
Teen, 13 years old Written bysingergirl98 July 30, 2011

Parents decide

Parents should decide wether their kid should see it. I watched this movie with my best friend, and my 10 year old sister watched it with my mom (we were in different rooms.) After the movie was over I spent some time talking with my friend, and then with my mom and sister about it. My sisiter was a little freaked out from the suicide and how many people died in it, but other than that she enjoyed it. I loved the romance aspect and sometimes if the movie is shown on TV the nude scene is edited. If kids are watching this they must realize that the language they were using sometimes is not something they should be saying. Also, the ending scenes might be frightening to smaller children. But its the parents decision if their child should see it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byKayla Jo February 5, 2010

good reviews by kayla

Do you like history? Or even romance? Well the Titanic is definitely the movie for you. In my opinion, this is the greatest movie ever, whether it’s the story line, to the great performances by the cast or even if you’re just a big sap you will love this movie. Starring as the main characters Rose and Jack, played by Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet they highlighted the whole movie by their great love affair with one another. Personally this movie made me sad and happy all at the same time. I think you should definitely should watch this movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybibliophile February 17, 2009

Beautiful

This movie was absolutely wonderful (and I didn't cry). The acting is amazing, and the cinematography the best I've ever seen. There is INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT: Sex: A couple does have sex, and you see them sweating and breathing hard in the back of a car - which is fogged up. Also, a young man draws a young woman nude, and you see her chest and backside a couple times. A woman says she'd rather be a whore than married to a man. Language: Many uses, including d-mn, godd-mn, one f-ck, -ss, b-tch, b-stard, sh-t, h-ll, and many uses and versions of the Lord's name in vain. Violence: It's the Titanic, for goodness sake. And a man shoots himself in the head. You see him pull the trigger, and then fall in the ocean. One other person is shot. Overall, I recommend an edited version, such as ClearPlay DVD Player.
Adult Written bymoviemadness June 26, 2011

Emotionally Distressing Film, Teens+ Only

Titanic is a well-executed layered film. It is excellently cast, acted, and filmed so that the characters are believable and dimensional. Since it is so well done, it is all the harder to watch. The terror of the passengers is so palpable and the pain of loss too, that it's an intensely painful film. For older teens and adults who have experienced close relationships, it can be profoundly affecting as we imagine what it might be like to lose someone so important to us. As for content, there is a lot of smoking, drinking, and swearing. There is also sexual content that, while not explicit, is emotionally charged, making it more intense than a typical PG-13 "zoom in." Most worryingly, there is a great deal of profoundly distressing violence, terror, pain and confusion. Another issue (and something that younger kids and tweens may not pick up on) is the deeper issue of class. They will understand that the protagonists belong to different social circles, but the larger ramifications of their relationship will be unclear. In the end, Titanic is a classic that teens and tweens will be begging to watch, but really isn't for them. Unless they are very mature, they will miss out on some of the underlying themes (the deeper ramifications of classism included). Finally, the film is deeply emotionally distressing -in a way that affects everyone, old and young. Think before you let your kids see it.
Kid, 11 years old May 17, 2011

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!

I LOVE this movie!!!! Might be scary to younger kids. It made me cry SO HARD!! There is a lot of language like the f-word(it's used about 2 times). Lots of violence at the end. There is a scene where Jack is drawing Rose nude and a sex scene between Rose and Jack, but it doesn't show anything that bad. An AWESOME movie for a mature older kid!!!!
Kid, 10 years old September 8, 2009

The best movie in history but not for under 9's

THIS IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!! And Celine Dion did so well with the soundtrack. But this isn't a good idea for little kids as dead bodies floating in the sea would put me off sleeping at that age. And some of the sex scenes are a bit iffy for younger kids
Adult Written bygreen_goblin May 8, 2009

15 and up only!

Sensuous scenes involving nudity. Disturbing content involving intense emotional scenes. Suitable for older teens.
Adult Written byYankeeAgKid April 9, 2008

One of the Better Movies

I would ahve to say Titanic was one of the better movies. I think that it taught a lot of lessons, even though it ended badly. I would recommend this for kids 15 and up.
Kid, 12 years old September 25, 2011

Best movie ever

I just watched this movie and it is the best I have ever seen. It is the saddest movie I have ever seen. Rose poses nude for jack to paint a picture. implied sex is in the car. But it really is not that bad. The language doesn't matter because your so into the movie. I LOVE this movie watch before you Die.
Kid, 10 years old May 7, 2011

Just Close Your Eyes At The Right Time

I saw this movie twice. Quite a tearjerker. Jack draws Rose nude, but her nudity is not shown. They make love in one scene, and if your my age, it's best to run out of the room like I did to keep your eyes innocent. First class passengers drink, but no one gets drunk.Jack dies, and that's the first part you start crying. Then, when Rose, as an old lady, dies, she goes to Titanic heaven where you see all the people who died, which gets you crying also when you see some children.
Parent Written bynbfi2001 May 26, 2010

pretty good movie

the language is very bad, though the sex is even worse, you can see Rose's private parts