All member reviews for Titanic

Parent of a 6, 8, and 10 year old Written byteamworkfun September 14, 2009

Love it.

As a parent, I would never let my kids near this movie, but It's a great movie for me. The scene where Rose poses for Jack, and the implied sex is way too mature for anyone under 16. It's violent, and had language, but it's a really great movie. It's very tragic and is extremely well made. Just make sure the kids don't see it until there late teens.
Kid, 12 years old May 17, 2011

AMAZING!!!!

You have to realize, this is one of the best movies ever made. I Personally think that this movie is fine for 12+ it has mild kissing and it does have a topless woman posing for a painting but that scene only last 2-3 minutes. There is Some violence and some language. This is an amazing must see movie!
Adult Written byjustkylermat August 18, 2009

This has been my favorite movie since I was a young child. It is very emotional and is for mature children. This is a great movie for mature tweens and teens, a MUST SEE!!!
Adult Written byDr3w November 8, 2011

Not the Worst PG-13 Ever

"I would much rather have my child see some brief, chaste nudity than be exposed to this potentially traumatizing violence." This is a silly statement for a few reasons. 1) What exactly does "chaste nudity" mean? It's a new concept for me since I thought that the very act of being naked in a film was by definition unchaste. Shows how little I know. 2) Why expose them to either? It's not like you have to choose between violence or sexuality/nudity. You can choose not to expose your children to either one and that would probably be the better choice. 3) Female nudity is appealing to guys! That's the whole reason that my family chooses to avoid movies where women are shown in any state of undress. It's not because it offends us, but because it attracts us. Naked women in films encourage young men to look at women not as people but as sexual objects. Also, when young men finally do choose to get married, they will compare their wives to the naked bodies they have seen in films and perhaps value their spouses less. Violence, on the other hand, while it can be attractive to guys, if it is handled correctly, is not nearly as damaging for young men to see. It can even be a helpful teaching tool. I would agree that this movie is not the worst PG-13 movie out there for teens to see. But I would rather choose entertainment that doesn't sexually assault the young men in my family.
Adult Written bydayspring March 20, 2010

Definitely NOT for children and teens!

I am shocked that you approve of this movie for 12 and up! I was sitting behind my 16 year old son at the preview of this movie years ago and was extremely embarrassed at the nudity and sex scenes. The sex scene didn't have to be graphic to be totally inappropriate! I left and went to the restroom! The rest of the movie was totally ruined for me, and I have not and will never see it again. Shame on James Cameron. It could have been such a good movie without those offensive scenes, which were in my opinion, completely gratuitous!
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written bystarrparrent1 November 24, 2011

Sex,Language,Drinking,Smoking.

sexual: there is a scene where you see a picture of Rose naked. language:S--t is used often drinking is at dinner on the ship and Rose and Jack both have smoked a cigarette by the end of the movie. My family watched it together and i made my 9 year old close her eyes when you saw the picture Jack painted of Rose.
Parent of an infant, 1, 5, 6, 9, and 12 year old Written bymkenna6 October 13, 2011

Titanic Revew~

I love titanic to death! Its sooo good!! I would not recomed it for kids under 11 or 12. It has alot of cuss words and alot of violence and profanity. I one scene a man shoots himself and another seen a man jups of the boat and his leg is decapitated. In one scene rose poses naked for Jack. On some movies it shows her brests and lower girl parts. But on televison it does not show anything. In another scene Jack and Rose make love in a vehicle and you see them nude and laying on top of one another. The windows are fogged up and you see a hand silde down the back window and when they are on top of one another they kiss passionately. When they leave the car, they go to the top deck and kiss passionately. But other than that its really good! I would recomend the movie for teens ages 13 and up... But I would watch this movie over and over again till Im sick!
Parent of a 15 year old Written byTsion January 4, 2011

Great Movie for Older Teens and Adults...

TITANIC was never meant to be a kid's movie, hence the PG-13 rating. I admit that it is a bit edgier than other PG-13 movies, but it never really deserves an R rating. I am very concerned about what I expose my children to, yet even I was surprised at a lot of reviews on this page that described the content in the film as "horrifying" and shocking. The movie does have a fair bit of language in it, but considering the over three hour running time, profanity is actually quite sparse. There is one "f" word, but other than that, there is much less profanity in this film than in many other PG-13 movies, especially when given the long running time of the movie. There is brief nudity, but I didn't find it to be extremely offensive. Considering the fashions in which most nudity is portrayed in films today, this scene was very chaste and brief. You see the woman's breasts and the top of her butt for probably ten seconds max. It isn't presented in a lewd or overtly sexual manner, and while obviously it isn't a wise choice for the lead character to make, it certainly never encourages teen girls to do anything of the kind. The love scene is even shorter than the first scene, and shows absolutely nothing. While kids should understand that this is poor behavior, the film never promotes it. The main aspect of the film parents should be wary about is the harrowing violence. This is one of the most difficult movies I've ever seen, as an adult even. Mass panic is shown as people drown and plunge to their deaths as the ship sinks. Mothers and daughters are shown crying out for each other as they slowly perish, and children are lost in the midst of the hysteria. People commit suicide, and almost all of the main characters perish. For an extended period of time, we see frozen bodies of victims in the water, including those of infants. I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I would much rather have my child see some brief, chaste nudity than be exposed to this potentially traumatizing violence. For that reason, I recommend the film for ages 15+ for kids to watch alone, perhaps younger if accompanied by a parent.
Parent Written bynbfi2001 May 26, 2010

pretty good movie

the language is very bad, though the sex is even worse, you can see Rose's private parts
Parent Written bykaitymgirl January 27, 2013

THIS IS AN AWESOME MOVIE....

Titanic is a really good movie, however, it is not for anyone under the age of ten. Much like the other people who have reviewed this movie have mentioned the sex, violence and language, I too believe that it is not good to watch if you have little understanding of tragic events. But by the time a child is Ten they will most likely have learned about getting their period that is for girls anyway and the boys may not have learned in school but their parents probably talked to them already. As far as the language is concerned I'm sure you're child hears worse on a day to day basis at school, and may even use this language themselves (much to you're dismay). Violence is involved but it is nothing too bad that you cannot discuss with your children after, and lets face it children are exposed to more and more at younger ages and they could be bullied later in life if they are not knowledgable about violence and bullying, and that is what one of the main characters is, a bully (Cal). All and all this is a very good movie and It is appropriate for children 10+.
Adult Written byAmeliaKaderWood June 22, 2009

Oscar worthy!

Ok, All I could say is that this film was really awesome, and tear-jerking. I must say that those who plan to watch this, should be warned about some stuff. First of all, there are a few gun-shootings where some blood appears; which is why I chose one of my concerns as violence. As for sexual content, that's my highest warning. Rose went nude showing bare breasts and there were some passionate kisses and love scenes. People also went drunk and smoked for a little in a party/dancing scene, but this concern is only mild in the movie, and there are no drugs. Over all, this is a very good movie. Titanic contains a good love story but although some people say the ending is very sad, it actually isn't...and you'll see why, as soon as you watch it, if you haven't seen it yet.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysingergirl98 July 30, 2011

Parents decide

Parents should decide wether their kid should see it. I watched this movie with my best friend, and my 10 year old sister watched it with my mom (we were in different rooms.) After the movie was over I spent some time talking with my friend, and then with my mom and sister about it. My sisiter was a little freaked out from the suicide and how many people died in it, but other than that she enjoyed it. I loved the romance aspect and sometimes if the movie is shown on TV the nude scene is edited. If kids are watching this they must realize that the language they were using sometimes is not something they should be saying. Also, the ending scenes might be frightening to smaller children. But its the parents decision if their child should see it.
Adult Written bymoviemadness June 26, 2011

Emotionally Distressing Film, Teens+ Only

Titanic is a well-executed layered film. It is excellently cast, acted, and filmed so that the characters are believable and dimensional. Since it is so well done, it is all the harder to watch. The terror of the passengers is so palpable and the pain of loss too, that it's an intensely painful film. For older teens and adults who have experienced close relationships, it can be profoundly affecting as we imagine what it might be like to lose someone so important to us. As for content, there is a lot of smoking, drinking, and swearing. There is also sexual content that, while not explicit, is emotionally charged, making it more intense than a typical PG-13 "zoom in." Most worryingly, there is a great deal of profoundly distressing violence, terror, pain and confusion. Another issue (and something that younger kids and tweens may not pick up on) is the deeper issue of class. They will understand that the protagonists belong to different social circles, but the larger ramifications of their relationship will be unclear. In the end, Titanic is a classic that teens and tweens will be begging to watch, but really isn't for them. Unless they are very mature, they will miss out on some of the underlying themes (the deeper ramifications of classism included). Finally, the film is deeply emotionally distressing -in a way that affects everyone, old and young. Think before you let your kids see it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybibliophile February 17, 2009

Beautiful

This movie was absolutely wonderful (and I didn't cry). The acting is amazing, and the cinematography the best I've ever seen. There is INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT: Sex: A couple does have sex, and you see them sweating and breathing hard in the back of a car - which is fogged up. Also, a young man draws a young woman nude, and you see her chest and backside a couple times. A woman says she'd rather be a whore than married to a man. Language: Many uses, including d-mn, godd-mn, one f-ck, -ss, b-tch, b-stard, sh-t, h-ll, and many uses and versions of the Lord's name in vain. Violence: It's the Titanic, for goodness sake. And a man shoots himself in the head. You see him pull the trigger, and then fall in the ocean. One other person is shot. Overall, I recommend an edited version, such as ClearPlay DVD Player.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypianocutie95 November 30, 2009

Amazing, and unforgettable. I had to skip a couple of scenes through it though. The sex is a bit much. Rose's bare chest is shown as she poses while Jack draws her (this is the part i skipped). Also, there's a pretty steamy car scene (skipped over that part too). The violence gets intense towards the end, as bodies are shown in the water, and there's lots of screaming. Overall great movie, though. Just fast forward through a couple of parts, parents!
Adult Written bygreen_goblin May 8, 2009

15 and up only!

Sensuous scenes involving nudity. Disturbing content involving intense emotional scenes. Suitable for older teens.
Adult Written byYankeeAgKid April 9, 2008

One of the Better Movies

I would ahve to say Titanic was one of the better movies. I think that it taught a lot of lessons, even though it ended badly. I would recommend this for kids 15 and up.
Parent of a 6 and 10 year old Written byironman2 September 29, 2011

Titanic Sucks!!!!!!!!

It was not a good film and I really did not like it. My daughter wanted to see it so much that I let her watch it and I regretted it alot. There was so much sexual banter! I didn't like it at all!
Adult Written byjoetresp August 17, 2011

BORING!!!!!!!

Dont burden your child with the viewing of Titanic, although the actress was very beautiful.
Adult Written byMovieMan26 October 10, 2010

Fantastic film, but it should have been R

This is a great, if not terribly sad, disaster epic. It's realistically done, and that's why it may be too intense for some. But, it's worh a look at least once for the excellent performances by the two main leads. Parents: This is an extremely upsetting and disturbingly sad movie with lots of extreme peril. There's also sex, actual R-rated nudity, and some salty language. Bottom Line: A beautiful, tragic epic that's probably worth your time, even if it is terribly long. Thanks for reading! - Movie Man