All member reviews for Tooth Fairy

Sweet but uninspired fantasy is fine for families.

Parent of a 5, 8, and 9 year old Written byhadleygirls March 14, 2010

Sweet and Harmlesss for 3 girls, ages 5, 8 and 9

Overall I thought it was pretty harmless and it actually re-dedicated my 9 year old girl to the belief that the tooth fairy exists. I really thought it would become obvious to her, but she seemed even more convinced! A good message of not giving up and believing in yourself and others. Would own the DVD.
Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written bybrown_eyed_girl June 28, 2010

Not amazing cinema but great cast & family friendly comedy

This was a very sweet movie that appealed to our entire family. The plot was a little hokey at times but the messages of friendship, hope, and the importance of dreams were good. The Rock was hilarious and the language was squeaky clean. No fart or poo jokes and the siblings aren't rude, crude or sassy. Although I wish Hollywood would occasionally make a movie with a functional, intact nuclear family, the dating relationship between the mom & the lead character was also squeaky clean; even the few kisses shown were chaste. Although The Rock's character was mean at times, he suffered consequences for these actions and had to make amends to repair his relationships. By the end of the movie, his character has grown on many different levels.
Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written bygot2garden January 23, 2010

This was cute and enjoyable to watch. It was WAY better than The Spy Next Door and deserves more stars. My six year old and I both enjoyed it.
Kid, 9 years old September 5, 2011

COMEDY

funny and A LITTLE STUPID !!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old November 12, 2010

Dissapointing. Leaves me hanging big time.

Stupid. Dumb. I was expecting much more. I usaully like Dwayne Johnson, but this movie was a wreck.
Kid, 12 years old June 23, 2010

Two Sides of the Story...

There are two different kinds of reviews being posted here. Some people, mostly teens and adults, forced themselves to finish to the end of the movie, while others, myself included, enjoyed the film and didn't want it to end. The concept of "the tooth fairy" may be too childish for older teens and adults, but most kids loved it. I know I did. It was a very sweet movie with some funny moments.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPinkgirl13 March 14, 2010

One word: HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byShamurocks July 10, 2014

Alright movie for families.

This movie in my opinion was not the best but not the worst. It wasn't that great of a plot and not that funny. Although there are not that many scary scenes, some scenes may be just tad scary. At a hockey rink, characters are bumped and hit by other players (one is hit by a hockey stick, another one is smashed into a glass window, having a tooth knocked out.) A character smashes his guitar after being told he is not good enough for a talent show. Another thing is consumerism. At a hockey rink, brands are advertised due to the fact the logo is shown. Also a joke in the movie is said about "drinking while flying" which mirrors drinking while driving. Beyond all of this, Derek learns from his mistakes and repays those he has done wrong to, making him a great role model. In conclusion this movie is an ok choice for family movie night.
Parent Written bynmheller November 10, 2013

Average

It's average in terms if story line...
Teen, 13 years old Written bygoodreviews101 November 5, 2012

Very good

This movie has no disturbing or offensive content, but it pretty much says right out front that there is no such thing as the tooth fairy. I already know that, but with some young kids, they might still believe in the tooth fairy, and might take the hint in this movie. Other than that, though, it is fine.
Kid, 9 years old October 29, 2012

THE TOOTH FAIRY

good movie for little kids
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 20, 2012

Just OK.

Okay family movie.
Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written bydnpseattle May 6, 2012

Perfectly decent movie for when you are out of options...

This was not our first pick for movie night, but it ended up being a good pick. The kids liked it and watched it several times (in the following weeks). It's mostly clean and mostly tells a good story with a positive message. There's a nice, albeit short appearance by Billy Crystal as a "Miracle Max" insprired character (from the Princess Bride). What I liked about it: The main character starts out as not such a nice guy. He's arrogant, conceited and somewhat belligerent. This makes him popular, but for all the wrong reasons. Through the movie, he sees that he's in error and that his actions are hurting people and, ultimately, himself. With some help from the fairys, he is able to act on his realization and is able to change for the better. Beyond the "believe in your dreams" message, I believe the greater message in the movie is about humility, being able to say you were wrong, apologizing and changing for the better.
Teen, 14 years old Written byGreenPalm May 27, 2011

A Movie For The Whole Family!

I liked this movie, even though some may think it childish. It can be very funny and also has a few good lessons tucked into it. This movie is a bit like The Santa Claus in some ways. Where a non-believer becomes the person they don't believe in. Overall, this movie is okay for everyone.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymitochondria December 10, 2010

A "The Santa Claus" knockoff

i watched this movie on a car trip and i have to say, this was a total "The santa claus" ripoff. I mean with tim allen in place he did wonderful, bubt i'm not sure if the rock can pull off a whole "workaholic turns into santa, or in this case. the tooth fairy."
Teen, 13 years old Written byLissaNicky August 24, 2010

Stupid; Copy off the Game Plan

This movie was very stupid in my opinion. It was boring and was another "Game Plan" but not as good.
Teen, 17 years old Written bygabclima August 21, 2010

Family Movie

This is a good movie for the family...it has a great story and it's very funny movie...
Kid, 10 years old July 22, 2010

Overall it's kinda boring. It's not a must-see movie but you can still watch it you want to.
Kid, 10 years old July 10, 2010

music42's comment

It was very funny but I like Band Slam a lot better.check out my reveiw.
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo June 25, 2010

Kids Movie

This movie might give you a tooth ache. The physical comedy and positive messages make it harmless as far as a parent is concerned. Could have been made more appealing to older kids and parents, but in the end, it does its job.