All member reviews for Top Gun

Exciting Tom Cruise classic has some intense scenes.

Adult Written byazdesertdawg April 9, 2008
Teen, 17 years old Written bycopperzinc April 6, 2009
Teen, 13 years old Written bydavidgpsp June 10, 2009

good movie

good movie but has some inappropriate sex and it was not needed in the movie there was also some profanity
Parent Written byBRANDON72 February 18, 2012

Blasphemous Words are in this Movie

This Movie takes God's Name in Vain and that is bad enough for me.
Parent of a 2, 3, 8, and 10 year old Written byMomof4boysNC July 11, 2010
Parent Written byjmm96d March 7, 2013

That's a Maybe, Ghostrider

I do remember this movie from my youth and was in elementary school. I loved the film because of the airplanes and cockpit talk. I had no interest in Kelly McGillis or knew who Tom Cruise was. I guess what struck me was how much cussing there was when watching it with my oldest. I have a 4 cussword rule right now with her. It may be less or more, however, this movie was on for 15 min and already violated that, so I turned it off. Now, most of it is everyday talk for some. However, I just didn't remember them saying so many and especially in anger. Granted when I saw this I also was watching HBO and Predator combined with how my parents talked. I think that is what determines whether or not you should let your kid see this. What are they used to already? If they are not used to cussing in anyway or once or twice a movie, this will stick out, so someone about to be in 5th grade can not have that stick out so much. If they are used to it, then it should be acceptable for someone about to be in 3rd grade. I put this movie has smoking, but its not a youth and not a pilot but possibly a stereotype of high ranking people in the military. I explained to my kids that they may not smoke in real life, but for this role in the movie.
Adult Written byLowe's man February 16, 2016

a top movie

After making a few mistakes, Maverick and the others are forced to "perfect" their flights, thereby showing viewers the importance of attention to detail and getting things right, and the consequences when those are not heeded. Competition and the desire to win are shown, but so is teamwork. A healthy balance is found. When Maverick meets Charlie he changes for the better, reinforcing the idea that meeting someone special sometimes makes us want to change our behavior. While you could argue that there should've been a couple women pilots, Charlie, a civilian working with the military, is strong, which more than makes up for that. As for the smoking, it wasn't frowned upon in 1986 to the degree that it is today, especially in the military. While parts of this movie will go over viewers' heads unless either they're in or have been in the military, everyone can benefit from this movie.
Educator Written bymaddox121 August 26, 2015

Top Gun

The protaginist Died. Fantasy Vioelce S7its I didnt see any sex shirtless man not= real sex i had good role models of friendship
Teen, 16 years old Written byTotally500 July 25, 2012

top gun is top movie for action fans

cool movie very action packed and well acted this is a must see for any action fan
Adult Written byChuck Reid March 15, 2012

Violent but good.

This movie has some mild violence.Does that mean it blows? No.Is it bad for kids? Yes.I'm 23 so I can watch it.Its REALLY funny!
Kid, 10 years old April 18, 2016

top gun

top gun is a fast pace moive some sex and nudid me and my dad watch it and and loved it but the sex brout down I say 13 and up it is a grate moive lot of dog fiteing I love airplanes so top gun is a perfect moive
Parent Written bymattbruns3 October 22, 2015

I still question 13+

It's more appropriate for 14+. It has a lot of intense war violence and has a very sensual scene. Definitely PG-13 to todays standards.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBradley Udziela January 3, 2014

Amazing movie

Top Gun is an amazing movie. I love it and it is one of my favorite films
Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written by<flyboy> April 9, 2008

One of My Favorite Movies...

I realize that many people don't like this movie. That's fine, but it is still great to me. I've even heard people say it's everything that was bad about the eighties. Don't be fooled. With it's rock and roll, aerial combat, and the underlying message about competitiveness, it shows me what's cool about the 80's.
Kid, 10 years old May 10, 2016

Something Inspiring

Because of this I'll grow up to be a US Navy pilot just like Mavrick (Tom Cruise).
Kid, 11 years old December 31, 2015

A movie with too much

This is an ok movie but it has some sex and shouldn't be watched by young children. The sex is unnecessary and brought this movie down
Kid, 12 years old April 18, 2009

Awesome movie!

This movie is absolutely incredible. Great theme song and anthem. IT also shows the characters feelings very well. Some violence and mild cussing, but nothing major.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBatman1203 July 12, 2016

One of the most underrated movies of all time

A very good movie, but some people don't appreciate it. It has some sexual content but it is not explicit. It also has some pretty strong languag. Overall, it is an awesome movie, and everyone should see it as it is wildly entertaining.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAstroPhysics February 6, 2016

Great

I really really enjoyed this movie. Cruise does great acting, and the flying scenes are really cool. His wingman dies, and it is very dramatic. You will enjoy this movie, it's great.