All member reviews for Total Recall (2012)

Kid, 11 years old August 5, 2012

Best Movie ever but...

It was the best movie i have ever seen, but there were some things wrong with it. There was a lot of sh words there was one f word, its also really scary!
Kid, 12 years old August 4, 2012

Total Recall (2012)

This was a good movie, but not great. The violence was frequent but was mainly martial arts.. There was a scene where a prostitute revealed her three naked breasts, but if you blink you could've missed it. There was semi-frequent language and alcohol. This had a dark tone, much like that of "The Dark Knight Rises", with rebellion being a big topic. so overall, this was good and worth seeing, but had a few minor problems.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySecretMeVladimir August 3, 2012

Movie for watching

Awesome movie! Really good!
Teen, 16 years old Written byGoodActionMovieFan7 August 5, 2012

Movie reviews from a teenager: Total Recall

One word sums this movie up. Confusing. It's like another version of Inception, where the movie takes you on different twists and turns and jerking your mind's sense of understanding with it. If you watch this movie in a theater, you'll leave with a headache. Language: Many uses of the word, 'sh**', one use of 'f**k' and other expletives such as 'da**' and 'b***h'. Violence: There are many explosions, shootings, and martial arts throughout this film. Blood is shown on characters after close calls and a villain dies by being stabbed with a knife. Blood is shown. Sex: A man's wife gets out of bed wearing a shirt and panties, a woman removes her shirt to reveal three breasts, (blatant sexuality for no reason!). A few passionate kisses are exchanged between a man and a woman. In one scene there are silhouettes of woman dancing provocatively in the background, and woman walk around in provocative clothing. Overall I'd give this movie two stars only because the action and fighting sequences were good. I'd suggest that this movie is not appropriate for ages under 15 due to its sexuality, language and violence. But this movie really isn't worth the huge headache it'll give you after you watch it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr Blonde January 28, 2014

Kid, 12 years old December 13, 2013

Total Recall

Having seen the original with Arnold Schwarzenegger, i think this one is more family friendly with less blood. It is a very good movie that you should watch, all the actors/actresses were good including Collin Farrel and it is slightly different to the original. It is NOT SCARY at all, my 5 year old brother could watch this... nothing to inappropriate. Also some comments say it is confusing which its not, maybe i understand it better because i watched the original one when i was younger (11y) but it is definitely easy to understand although you might want to watch the trailer or read the blurb first. Hope i helped, enjoy!!
Kid, 12 years old October 26, 2013

Total Confusion

Total Recall? No, Total Confusion? Yes. I have not seen the original Total Recall though I am assuming it was better than this. I found it pretty exciting with all the explosions and effects but I found the scenery hard to keep up with due to the constant push to be moving. There were also a couple of recognisable surroundings, there was a underground train station with park benches in lines everywhere- not to mention they had to were gas masks because of the toxic air (The Last of Us). One place looked a lot like the courtyard of Hogwarts, and others. At the start with Rekall, its pretty obvious what happens, with him turning into a "spy". Aside from the confusing, strange and just plain annoying parts, the movie was quite enjoyable, there was a lot of fighting. . . robots. . . But there were some really awesome moments too. Some slides along floors through glass, running up and down walls, etc. This was full of action and a tiny bit of swearing. Overall I thought this was a good movie, I wouldn't watch it again anytime soon but I enjoyed it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymiles12345677A. June 18, 2013

clever sci-fi flick is entertaining

good. some intense violence and a stabbing, though.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymiles12345677A. June 18, 2013

clever sci-fi flick is entertaining

good. some intense violence and a stabbing, though.
Kid, 11 years old March 16, 2013

boring and violent

there were actually 3 F bombs and the word sh!t was tossed around the whole film left and right, still not as much language as original. movie was boring and did not make sense so stick with original. violence: one disturbing/mildly graphic scene of hauser/douglas cutting phone out of hand with glass. film was more appropriate than original but the one with arnold swazzinager was better
Teen, 15 years old Written byMovielover2569 January 21, 2013

Total Recall was amazing

This movie was so cool. The only bad stuff is the mild violence, mild language only 1 F-Word and 3 naked breasts that an alien prostitute shows for less than a second.
Teen, 16 years old Written byGamerevier January 1, 2013

14 maybe

This movie was really good don't listen to the critics but violent with gun fights and some blood and a lot of deaths and a disturbing story a women with 3 boobs is also shown sh!t is used fuc! Is used and other words too so 14 is ok
Teen, 16 years old Written byMacroPower December 26, 2012

Mixed feelings

It really wasn't that great of a movie, the story was less than admirable. It looked good, but you could really tell it was all CGI. In terms of content, there's inappropriate dancing, innuendo, and in a few scenes characters were not dressed well. In one scene, a woman takes off her shirt, showing her genetically altered breasts which could be disturbing for some people. There's literally as much language as they could pack in, one f*ck and a lot of other profanities.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviebuff121 December 16, 2012

Awesome remake.

Total recall is amazing. Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel are amazing in it. It has violence and 1 f bomb and 4 in the director's cut. Bare breasts are shown for less than 2 seconds in the directors cut it shows them for like 15 seconds, but she has three not two.
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 December 7, 2012

Bland, boring, pointless remake doesn't even have good action

I haven't seen the original "Total Recall" but I have heard it's famous lines. This one looked really interesting so I decided to watch it. And let me tell you...this movie is not good at all. The script is awful, the action isn't good, and the movie (at least I thought) is pretty much boring. I will say that it starts off solid but as soon as the story kicks off, it just gets downright ridiculous. The camera work for the action was so bad I couldn't even see anything. I thought the acting was probably the best thing. Particularly, Kate Beckinsale and Bryan Cranston. They brought in most of the charisma and were really good villians but they mostly get a short amount of time on screen and were mostly with Colin Farrell and Jessica Biel. I really think that both Colin Farrell and Jessica Biel are really capable actors but there stuck with wooden characters and dull dialogue. Overall this movie is just really bad and I'm pretty sure the original is better than this. Iffy for 12+ (WARNING ALL PARENTS: I KNOW THIS MOVIE IS PG-13 BUT THERE IS A SCENE WHERE AN ALIEN LADY OPENS HER JACKET AND SHOWS THREE BREASTS IT'S NOT EXPLICIT BUT I JUST WANTED TO WARN YOU IF YOU WANTED TO TAKE ANYONE UNDER 10)
Kid, 10 years old November 18, 2012

Well...,

Well, reviewing this movie can be quite difficult... How am I supposed to evaluate it? As a stand-alone movie or as a remake? Because if you are not falling from, um, Mars you probably know this is a remake of one of the best Arnold Schwarzenegger movies ever... Hmm... Let's see. How about starting with its' critical acclamation? I guess you can easily see the movie's rating on Rotten Tomatoes. If not, I recommend seeing it if you want a good laugh. 30%. That is it. Needless to say, any sane person would be shocked. Not because the movie is too good for that rating. You don't need to like the movie... You don't even need to have seen it to know something is very, very wrong here... I mean, 'Die Hard 4.0' has 81%... How the hell can the next movie created by the same writer/director have almost three times lower rating? I know, writers/directors don't always make movies of equal quality but the quality NEVER fluctuates that much. A little research about RT helped me realize a few things. First, critics tend to give sequels of beloved franchises high ratings - of all movies of that kind that I checked only one - 'Die Hard 3' - had less than 65%. Everything else - even the abysmal 'Attack of the Clones' - was rated as "Fresh". Second, critics tend to have a certain bias against sci-fi, fantasy and horror if they are not directed by a supposedly great name like Ridley Scott or Nolan. 'Willow' - a fantasy genre icon - has 49%. Go figure. Third, Rotten Tomatoes is not even a good representative of critics' opinion... I mean, does anybody believe the critics considered the last Indiana Jones movie better than 'Forrest Gump'? Check their awards and you will see. And yet.. Go and see. So much for RT being a good source...
Teen, 15 years old Written byMoviedudde18 September 13, 2012

TR(2012)

Very entertaining visually but story wise no.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMovielover5689 September 9, 2012

good

Total Recall (2012) is much better than the older one , however it has some sci-fi violence , swearing , and brief nudity (it shows 3 breasts).
Teen, 13 years old Written byledzeppelinROCKS! August 17, 2012

should be rated R

this is not your average pg-13 movie, they say s**t more times than I would like to count, and one f***, seriously, pg-13?
Kid, 11 years old August 16, 2012

it was okay

ahh, it was okay I saw it with my friend and we heard so many s**ts that we thought we should leave