Parent reviews for Toy Story (1995)

Toy Story (1995) Poster Image

Not a little kids’ movie.

Lots of name-calling and the like (“shut up”; “you idiot”) and the only female character of note is Bo Peep who wanders through a couple of times as a kind of comedic femme fatale to make sultry side comments to the (white, male) main characters. Not what I want my 5 year old to imprint on.

2 people found this helpful.

Would avoid with younger kids

We watched this with my 2 & 5 year old. They had been listening to the audiobook so knew the story which really helped with the parts that might be scary as they knew it would all turn out ok . Ideally I wouldn’t let my 2 year old see it again until older. I think if you’re present to give context to what’s happening it’s fine for 5 plus and there’s actually some great points to discuss around emotions, judging people etc

2 people found this helpful.

Not What I Call Toddler Movie

The Misfit Toys Are extremly scary for young kids and the adult humor is unnaceptable,Sexual, & Racist, Language for a rated G movie The movie Should be PG

The bully’s misfit toys are too scary for little ones. The same point could have been made with making them a little gory such as the babydoll head with pins in it. There aren’t many movies with little boys as the main character so if you fast forward through those parts and watch it with your little one then it’s okay..

The bully’s misfit toys are too scary for little ones. The same point could have been made without making them gory (such as the babydoll head with pins in it). There aren’t many movies with a little boy as a main character though. So, if you fast forward through those parts and watch it with your little one than it could be a fun movie for maybe 4 or 5 as well.

A great film to re-watch and remember the wonder you felt from watching it the first time

I saw this film when it was first released in theaters. I was already an adult and saw the film with mostly adults and everyone was knocked out by then no name Pixar's punchy script and new computer animation. It was like nothing we had ever seen, a children's film with a lot of humor for adult's to grasp, understand and even look forward to. Over time this film has had many sequels, but it is refreshing to watch the first one and remember how you felt when you were first introduced to these cast of characters that feel like old friends.

Sadistic. Like, repetitively.

Will be remembered for century’s.

In the top 50 best movies. Lots of positive messages although a bit scary for young kids.

Cool

My 8 year old loves Raw Blocks
Best movie for little kids