All parent member reviews for Toy Story (1995)

Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written bygillieshouse July 1, 2010

Great family movie.

My 4 and 1/2 year old was a bit nervous about some of the violence toward toys, and he noticed there was language we don't allow: stupid and idiot. However, he absolutely loved this movie, and so did we. There's a lot about it that is funny and sweet, and it gave us plenty to talk about.
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo June 23, 2010

A little scary, but overall a great family movie

This is a great movie. Can't really say anything bad about it. Woody is more likeable in the last two movies, however the overall message is good for kids. I think it deals well with feelings of selfishness and jealousy. Some toys seems a little scary, as is the bad kid.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bymeismeisme June 14, 2010

Parent of a 4 year old Written bymather May 20, 2010

research papers
Adult Written byrockmonster January 23, 2010

totally

excellent family movie! kids will love it! some kisses by toys and a toy in a bikini, some scariness caused by the reckless neighbor boy. kids will eat it alive! :)
Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byMartinC August 25, 2009

Scary Toys!

My son no longer wants to watch it... He is really scared of those mutant disfigured toys at the end of the movie... So he keeps watching "Toy Story 2" instead.
Parent of a 2 and 3 year old Written bypaulbroadie August 9, 2009

Adult Written byAshnak April 9, 2008

Great Family Oriented Adventure Comedy

The odd couple factor makes it even better
Parent of a 7 year old Written byeswanson April 9, 2008
Adult Written bymrsrobinson97 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byG3 April 9, 2008

Great family movie

Adult Written bysharie April 9, 2008
Adult Written byDuane Nason April 9, 2008

Great for the whole family

Great movie. The whole family loved it - great for kids and adults. The only part that is a bit shady is the crazy kid next door and the dog. Might be a bit scary for some youngsters. - Duane Nason
Adult Written bytamtam April 9, 2008

Funny, but some negative issues

Love this movie; however, while it seems innocuous at first, several times characters get called names like "idiot" and "stupid". Not sure I like this too much. Still, after debriefing, a family favourite
Adult Written byveiwer April 9, 2008

A good funney movie

This movie brings childrens toys to life on the big screen.Children will love to see this.The one thing parents should take into advisement for their son,or daughter,That their is a boy next door seen a number of times being crule to his toys.And he is see deforming them.A number of deformed toys are seen in him room.And is seen tiing a rocket to the star toy Buss Lightyear.
Adult Written bymom2four April 9, 2008

I can say this by heart

Great movie. Loved it and so did my kids.