All parent member reviews for Toy Story (1995)

Parent Written byjackief March 29, 2015

language

I have a 4.5 year old son who is an only child. So granted he does not have a lot of exposure to other older children other than his classmates. This movie while I do enjoy it myself and my son does as well, there are words like 'stupid' , 'idiot' and 'shut-up' used a number of times. After watching a couple times he started asking me what stupid meant and then of course started using the word A LOT. Now of course it was only a matter of time before he would hear this word, just letting you know they are in there and young kids will likely pick up on them.
Parent of a 17 year old Written byciarant March 9, 2015

Great, Except...

I shown it to my 6 year old the other day and since viewing it she fed her toy's to the dog, burned people at her school with a magnifying glass and has blown up her lil sisters toys. There is also a reference to unprotected sex where Bo Peep says to Woody "What if I get someone else to watch the sheep tonight?" Followed by Woody giving her a pedophilia smile and laugh. Suggested MPAA rating: PG-13 for some scenes of violence, menace, brief sexuality and dangerous behavior.
Adult Written byzeekattacklee January 26, 2015

Great Film for all children...

Toy story will always be entertaining. I liked how this film talked about how Woody got jealous of buzz for being played with more than he does. other than that, This film would make a wonderful choice for both the adults and children..
Parent Written bybobby_johnson November 25, 2014

oh goodness gracious

Hello cutie pies. This movie was absolutely disgusting!!! Buzz and Woody werent wearing clothes!!!! I mean it was crazy. WOodow was swearing and Bud Lightyear didnt even fly!!! I mean idk if they were on acid or what. Okay i suggest do not watch. God bless honey bunns.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byjinx-wolf March 21, 2014
Adult Written bydstoner1222 March 18, 2014

Disturbed by suicide reference

I have a toddler and noticed a lot of these children's movies refer to suicide. In Toy Story they said "It's not a suicide mission". Being a suicide survivor that disturbs me on many levels.
Parent Written bygangabhavani June 2, 2013

Best Movie Reviews

i like this movie a lot, i also find this site interesting, check this movie review website
Adult Written byWill loves movies June 1, 2013

You've got a friend in me.

Toy Story is one of my favorite movies of all time. I have always loved Pixar's movies but Toy Story is my favorite. Friendship and loyalty are the positve messages in this movie. By the way, Common Sense did not put drinking in their review but Buzz does act like he is drunk after finding out he is not a space ranger. With that aside, this movie is for everybody. Thanks for reading.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 October 16, 2012

toy story 1995

Families can talk about friendships, loyalty, and rivalry. Young kids are exploring all these issues, and the movie has great models. Andy seems to spend more time playing with his beloved toys than watching TV or playing video games. Kids: What's great about playtime over TV time? Kids: Do you really think that toys become "real" when humans leave the room? Why is imagination such an important part of playtime?
Parent Written byFrankinf March 24, 2012

Family approved

This movie is cute and funny
Parent Written byJeffroy9 March 31, 2011

Classic Toy Story, But Scariest of the Three

This was a good movie, but I would caution anybody who tries to show this to very young pre-schoolers. There are some scary and disturbing images that could cause younger viewers to become afraid.
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written bykatz1409 January 10, 2011

great

we all loved it!!
Parent Written bySteve and Liz October 15, 2010

Too violent for 4 year olds

Parent of a 4, 4, and 7 year old Written bymagasalee July 30, 2010
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byKunmingMom July 1, 2010
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo June 23, 2010

A little scary, but overall a great family movie

This is a great movie. Can't really say anything bad about it. Woody is more likeable in the last two movies, however the overall message is good for kids. I think it deals well with feelings of selfishness and jealousy. Some toys seems a little scary, as is the bad kid.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bymeismeisme June 14, 2010

Parent of a 4 year old Written bymather May 20, 2010
research papers
Adult Written byrockmonster January 23, 2010

totally

excellent family movie! kids will love it! some kisses by toys and a toy in a bikini, some scariness caused by the reckless neighbor boy. kids will eat it alive! :)