All teen and kid member reviews for Toy Story (1995)

Teen, 14 years old Written byJusticeSeeker April 3, 2011

One of my favorites

I've watched this movie sinse I was little, 'really' little. It was always one of my favorites, and honestly not much of it scared me, except for the toys Sid 'created'. It makes you nervous when the toys are in a bad situation, like being stuck in Sid's house for instance and getting chased by a dog. Dispite some of these things, the movie is great for the family. My brothers watched it to the point that it distroyed the DVD (This was around when they were 2 and 4) I don't think it's as terrifying as some make out, but it depends on the child. The humar is great, the parol is exciting. Woody can be bossy, and they accuse him of being Buzz's murderer later on. It's pretty torturous. Still though- I rest my case by saying it's a good movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydrblue91 July 23, 2011

Any parent who hates this movie is STUPID!!!!!!

Toy Story is violent? The minimun age needs to be 8? You parents are stupid (no offense). No matter what show you watch you hate it. If something as harmless as Toy Story looks like it was made by the devil, then just ban Tv and watching movies for the rest of your children's life. Why are you being so sensitive and stupid????
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 April 23, 2011

The Creepiest G Movie Ever

This is probably the creepiest G rated movie in the world. The whole movie had a creepy feel to it and violent. When I was a kid, the scene where the toys stand up to Sid scared the crap out of me. Woody's a jerk, too. This movie should've been rated PG because some little kids are probably scared of this movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written bygorilla99swell August 24, 2015

SCARY

I have never been ever scared by a pixar film but this totally scarred me as a child. It even features mutiliating references in a kids movies. Do not even show your kids this movie. In fact, it still creeps me out even more today
Teen, 16 years old Written byhypemiitrudog07 July 6, 2012

Great film about friendship

In toy story, we see what happens when we left the room as young kids. Or do we see the truth? This film shows exaggerations about toys coming to life behind our backs, and plenty of fantasy from their perspective. When woody, a cowboy doll, is preparing a leisure day when his owner has a birthday, overhears that a new toy comes in, trouble comes up. After sending some military toys downstairs to setup a baby monitor (audio only), Woody and fellow toys hear there are new toys coming in. When they hear a Buzz Lightyear was a present, they thought it would be alright. Unfortunately, when he comes in, a Woody themed room now turns into a space themed room. Buzz even gets attention from the other toys. Woody is extremely ticked off with him not realizing he is a toy, and for stealing attention. One day, Woody decides to push Buzz out of the window in an act of jealousy. However, the other toys over react to this and nearly do the same. Now, woody must go on a quest to save buzz. There is a brief scene with feuding and mild violence. You can hear some iffy insults and threats. A mr. potatoe head commands the other toys to throw woody out of the moving van, and also gives him a threatening warning. On the side of sex, Mr Potatoe Head is happy to hear that a christmas present is a Mrs Potatoe Head, which implies a comical romance (however, an adult should see this coming and find it funny). For consumerism, you can easily see a few popular toys (mr potatoe head is the best example). Violence mainly consists of wrestling and throwing. The most severe is strapping a toy to a toy rocket, and making it explode. There is also a magnifying glass used as an instrument of torture, a boy clearly being aggressive with a whack a mole look alike machine, and grabbing and pulling in a claw game. There is also one traffic jam that results from a flight scene (cars in a circular formation). On the side of positive messages, you can clearly see how woody changed as a rival to friend, and why you should take good care of your toys. (your child will watch this over and over again, and be obsessed with it. it happened to a known person)
Kid, 11 years old May 21, 2011

Pretty scary but Awesome!!!

Wonderful movie! I used to watch it all the time when I was a baby. Some toys Sid messes around with may be scary. Theres no swearing but lots of name calling language like "stupid" "idiot" "shut up" "dumb" and other language. My brother hates it but it's ok if he does not like it because I already saw it a billion times when I was a baby.
Teen, 15 years old Written byChristian_girl June 26, 2010

Every Toy Story Should Be PG

Well, I could crack a joke about how this movie makes you feel like a kid again but I don't want to toy around. Of course, not all of those who are kids already should watch this movie. The basic plot is that Woody, a cowboy doll with unnatural talents of ventriloquism and being hit by toolboxes, is accused of murdering Buzz Lightyear, no introduction is needed, because he seems to be Andy's new favorite toy. (Yes, the word "murderer" is used several times. Very loudly.) Later Woody finds Buzz alive and, during the trek back home, they end up with a kid who likes to blow up, you guessed it, toys. He also likes to rip off toy's heads and put them on other toys, creating some scary, scary monsters. Probably the scariest of which looks like a mechanical spider with claws and with the head of a giant baby doll that's missing an eye so you can see straight through to the inside of the back of its head. As you can imagine, there's a bit of screaming in this movie. Near the start, the kid, named Sid, is actually seen blowing up a toy. He lights the wick on the dynamite his mom probably bought for him, the camera cuts away, rubble is seen flying everywhere, and we cut back to reveal a crater in Sid's backyard where a poor Combat Carl used to be. We never see the toy move before it's blown up so, coupled with the fact that it's just a toy, somehow it seems less alive, and thus less scary. But then you really think about it and realize that, since the toys are alive, this makes the only death in the Toy Story franchise to date. And, of course, there's the trademark Toy Story fistfight. There's at least one in every film. The finale made me, again, have to cover my eyes when I was little but obviously if I told you, I'd blow the ending. As with most of the eerie Toy Story moments, it still freaks me out a bit today. But compared to Toy Story 3 it's just, pardon me, child's play. I heard that there were more teens and adults going to Toy Story 3 than small children. I feel bad for the small children. Now they're gonna have nightmares. If there are two things Pixar, especially in Toy Story, has developed a rep for, they're, one, making good movies and, two, scaring the living daylights out of small and/or sensitive children. By the way, don't let anyone under six see Toy Story 3, sensitive or strong. Need I mention the nightmares? Still, there's no language in this movie. There's a lot of name-calling and I mean a lot but I can't say there's any language. The worst line is when Woody is making fun of Buzz Lightyear and he calls him "Mr. Lite Beer". When the loyal Slinky Dog is sticking up for Woody at the staff meeting, Mr. Potato Head takes off his own lips (it's Mr. Potato Head, he can do that) and starts tapping them against his butt, subtly calling Slinky something to the effect of a kiss-up. It's funny but it's another reason this should have been PG. There's nothing dirty but there is an offscreen kiss between Woody and the Little Bo Peep doll. As far as messages, there are two valuble lessons in this movie: "You've got a friend in me" and "always wear your seat belt." Toy Story fans, listen up! Rumors have spread that Toy Story 3 is the last Toy Story movie. This is in fact... plausible. The director of Toy Story 3, when questioned about a Toy Story 4, said, "There may be opportunities for Woody and Buzz in the future, but we don't have any plans for anything right now." So, basically there may or may not be another Toy Story. Nobody knows. If there isn't in another eleven years, I'm writing somebody a letter.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLexTheT-Rex January 16, 2016

Amazing!

One of the best kids films I've ever seen, great action and adventure!
Teen, 13 years old Written byviaoli12345 January 10, 2016

Greatest Children's Movie

This a great family movie that all children should watch. It has great morals and characters. It is good for the parents too.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheLordDeadpool January 10, 2016

Great film

This film is awesome, it was my favorite movie as a kid, but there is actually a sex joke hidden in this movie. The Little Bo Peep toy leans on her stick close to Woody and says, "Mabye I could get someone else to watch the sheep tonight." before Woody chuckles quickly, making you think of a disturbing act.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMovieKid387 September 4, 2015

Fun movie still Amuses me

Toy Story, Inside Out, Ratatouille...wow Pixar is really good Violence: None really. Toys are in peril (lol) toys are blown up (Bruh). Sex: a reference that kids will not understand not one BIT Language: Dumb, Stupid, Idiot (too crass for kids lol) Shut up etc. Lots of drinking almost nonstop And good role models
Teen, 14 years old Written byParkerSmykle July 5, 2015
Kid, 8 years old June 21, 2015

Best movie ever is amazing,fantastic,great,funny for kids.

My rating:G
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheLoneReviewer June 13, 2015

Pretty Much what Mrs. Minnow Said About this Movie (spoilers included)

PIXAR classic is one of the best kid movies of all time. I really agree with that statement. Toy Story is smart, touching, and it has one of the best storytelling there is. There was a couple of scenes where Woody says "shut up" or "idiot" to buzz during some moments where they have to go back home. There were also scenes that involved some toy killing with Sid but the creepiest scene is where Woody and the toys in Sid's backyard haunt Sid where toys are talking. Otherwise, his movie is a prized collection to preserve with your family. It's about Woody and when Buzz came, all the toys and even Andy shift their attention to Buzz Light-year. Woody and Buzz work together to get to Andy after an incident. But Sid gets the same toys out of the rocket in Pizza Planet and plans to threaten them. This movie uses computer animation to the maximum as the film is visually dazzling. This can be seen as impressive back in '95. Toy story is an ultimate masterpiece. While it may have been frustrating putting the movie together, this movie starts the streak of the great films of this cgi giant. It has a gripping story line, unique character traits, funny dialogue, and of course, an animated marvel. PIXAR climbed the Mount Everest and it is worth getting to the peak. It may be their first work but it is their best work ever. Even with some delays in the great streak in 2005 - 2006 and in 2011 - 2015, they can get back up on their feet in June 19 and release another great film from the makers of this marvel called Toy Story. This is my first pristine grade that I am giving this movie to and I'm not kidding. Toy Story is the first movie that I cannot give any lower than an A+.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTIE41 June 6, 2015

Classic

This movie is one of the best movies ever made, I have watched this movie since i was an infant and I watched it all the time, so I guarantee your child would love it. Kids would NOT be frightened by movie unless they are very sensitive, Please let your child watch this, its not to be missed.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywinnercoolman87 May 13, 2015

Outstanding!

Watch it now! It is a timeless classic like the Lion king and Aladdin.
Kid, 12 years old April 29, 2015

Amazing!

Watch it now! Just do it! Also get it on LASERDISC!
Teen, 13 years old Written bypicardisbetter April 10, 2015

It's a cinema milestone, what else do you want?

Being the first fully computer animated movie, and being produced in the 1990's, the animation is sorta crap. But that doesn't matter, the story is great, the characters are better and it kick-started computer animation as we know it.
Kid, 8 years old March 24, 2015

Toys are alive!!!

I think Toy story is the best movie ever . It is about how Woody, the cowboy doll, meets Buzz Lightyear, the action figure. All the toys belong to Andy, the boy. First Andy loves Woody, then when he got Buzz he loved him more. Because of that Woody was sad. Buzz thought he is a real person but with the help of Woody he now will know he is a toy. That is why I think Toy Story is the best movie ever. I think you should watch it over and over again.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhtriplett@icloud.com February 15, 2015
Come on, anyone can watch this, in my books it is the best animated movie of all time and will always be and the fifth best after rudy, 42, Field of dreams , and rocky movies