Stunning, witty, exciting, enchanting, and moving.

Adult Written bynduns March 26, 2010

This movie did what most sequels wish they could do...

And that is being just as good as the first one! I mean, who saw that coming? The only other sequel I feel truly pulled that off was Shrek 2. Rarely are we treated to something like Toy Story 2, a sequel that's just as good and charming as its predecessor. The writers at Pixar deserve a round of applause for pulling off what really shouldn't be the near-impossible.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBlueSpiderberry June 29, 2009

Sweet movie, Could cause guilt about letting go of toys

As someone who saw this as a child, i know something that might not occur to adult reviewers. WHile most of the messeges are fine, there is a subplot about toys that have been abondoned that can be very upsetting to kids. And very anxiety producing in terms of letting their own toys go.
Kid, 10 years old March 25, 2011

I Heart Toy Story!

They never said any bad language! To awesome to have concerns!
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written bySunnye June 9, 2010
Mild language issues should be non-existent in G movies. Violence should be toned down.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byTsion June 25, 2010
TOY STORY 2 is amazing. Simply put. It's a sequel that does the impossible: surpass the humor, creativity, and positivity of the classic first installment. This is one of, if not the best, kids movies ever. But, just because it's perfect for kids, doesn't mean that adults won't love it. There's more than enough humor and entertainment to satisfy the most mature adult. Violence might be the only issue in the movie. There is no actual violence short of a toy's arm falling off (but it gets sewn back on again). One toy apparently falls off an elevator to his death, but is safe (and reformed) in the end. Some toys are put in peril, but mostly it's all played for laughs. The movie is one of the most positive Pixar movies out there (and that's a feat). Friendship, loyalty, love, courage, and sacrifice are major elements spoken about frequently in the film. All of the characters, save on greedy human, are great role models. Do yourself a favor, even if you don't have kids (but especially if you do!): Watch it!
Adult Written bymominco September 7, 2009
My 3 and 5 year old did not like this movie. My 3 year old started crying and we had to turn it off. Not sure there was one particular incident that upset her, but more likely she was upset about the general storyline. I think the toys being abandoned is really sad for little kids. My 5 year old did not like either and usually you can't tear him away from a movie. I was very disappointed especially after reading all positive reviews. Yet again an inappropriate movie for little ones.
Parent of a 17 and 17 year old Written bypoppinsfan August 14, 2015
Teen, 17 years old Written byHorace Williams December 14, 2014

Brilliant sequel.

I'm a huge Toy Story fan, and this was a down to Earth sequel to a Heavenly classic. It has all the awesome qualities of the first, and even more. Buy your DVD today!
Teen, 15 years old Written byChristian_girl June 16, 2010

Ages WHAT and Up!?!

Let me tell you a story. This movie came out when I was four years old. Having watched the first Toy Story, which freaked me out a bit but I liked it anyway, I obviously watched Toy Story 2. It terrified me! To rephrase, it terrified me at the age of FOUR!! And may I note that I've always been tough for my age? I'd seen some pretty hairy movies for a 4-year-old and didn't even - well, maybe I flinched a little bit at those. But I'm just not sure if a G rating is correct. A few years later, I tried the film again and was old enough to like it. When I tried it again, I was OLDER THAN FOUR!! It soon worked its way up to being my favorite movie. Ten years have passed, so I have a new favorite, but I'll always love this movie. In fact, I'm watching it as I type. I'm a big hypocrite, so I'd let a two-year-old watch it... but you shouldn't. Allow me to explain. Near the start of the film, Woody is scared that he'll be thrown away so he dreams that he is thrown away and when he tries to climb out of the trash can, many dismembered toy arms and such grab him in a chokehold and pull him down into the dark pit of dispair that is the garbage bin. I skipped some small details, I'm just trying to give you the summary. It gives me and my parents the creeps even today. I've never seen a zombie movie before but I'm guessing it'd be a little like that. The famous Zurg we've all been hearing about is featured and he looked so creepy it scared me when I was little. I watched this film recently after many years (I lost my old copy) and, for the life of me, couldn't remember what he looked like. I almost laughed when I saw him. I was scared of that guy? Well, it has been a while since I was four. Times change, I guess. Beware, four-year-olds! I still guess you could say this movie is less scary than the original. Oh, yeah, and at the very start of the film, there's a sequence where Buzz Lightyear is fighting evil! Then Buzz gets killed. The top of his body vaporizes as his leg falls to the ground. The words GAME OVER flash on the screen. I can hear small children sighing in relief as we find out it's only someone playing a video game. One of those children being the four-year-old me. Just as in the first Toy Story, toys get mad at each other. A few names are called, nothing most kids can't say (though they still shouldn't), and a few punches are landed but it's either over very quick or very hilarious. Usually very, very hilarious. Mr. Potato Head kisses Mrs. Potato Head on the cheek and, at one point, the arm. Little Bo Peep starts to kiss Woody but, at all of the romantic moments, it's about two seconds before the scene is interrupted by something funny. Ha. Oh, and when the toys are in the toy store, Barbies are having a beach party in one of the aisles. The Swimsuit Barbies (not in bikinis but you can still see their bellies) are given some loving looks by the male toys, particularly Mr. Potato Head. But it's funny and, as I said, over quickly... somewhat. During the credits, a Buzz action figure burps. That was funny. Late in the film, there's a sticker that says "Butte" but since the sticker gets stuck on a toy's posterior, it's a pun. Gee, I think I'm making the movie sound worse than it really is without exaggerating. Weird. I think this is the only sequel in the world that lives up to the original. I think Daddy thinks the first Toy Story was better. Probably because it was scarier. That's my Dad! I only have one problem with this film: my Buzz Lightyear action figure doesn't have karate chop action or flashing lights on the wings. Though it does have my name on its shoe. What, yours doesn't? Well, go write your name on his shoe. I've got to go anyway. Don't forget to use a Sharpie! Bye. ;)
Teen, 14 years old Written byIsaac T September 4, 2015

Slightly more action-packed movie will appeal to most.

Sequel has a little more action, like Buzz's two duels with Zurg, but the first is revealed to be a video game and the second is mostly played for laughs. Zurg is later thrown off an elevator but somehow survives. The rest is central to the main character people going on a quest to save Woody from Al and the Prospector.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfluffy gizmo February 18, 2015

my jaw dropped to antarctica from user reviews

Nothing is inappropriate about this movie. Yes,there are a few adult jokes,but that's common in kids movies. VIOLENCE! YOU THINK THERE IS VIOLENCE! I never saw any violence,it's an innocent kids movie that we all know and love.
Kid, 10 years old March 16, 2014
Like it. Good for families to view.
Teen, 15 years old Written byskeletonslife441 June 15, 2013

STILL FUN LIKE THE FIRST ONE!!!!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byParkerSmykle July 5, 2015
Kid, 10 years old August 25, 2014

i liked this one better than the first

better than the first
Teen, 14 years old Written byWWEWRESTLINGFAN103 February 4, 2014

Toy Story 2 is a fantastic Pixar Movie

OK I was born in 1999 at London UK and I've Heard that Toy Story 2 and Bob The Builder came out on the same year I was born wow I am a very lucky WWE fan and this movie is my favourite Toy Story movie because Woody meets Jessie The Yodelling Cowgirl, Bullseye The Horse and Stinky Pete The Prospector(who was in the box until he turned evil), Buzz Lightyear, Rex, Slinky Dog, Hamn and Mr Potato Head tried to find Woody in Al's Toy Barn where there were Buzz Lightyear Toys with Utility Belts and in the end Woody and Buzz are safe in Andys house and the score Im giving Toy Story 2 is 100/100 I think Toy Story should get a TV show just like Kung Fu Panda did
Teen, 13 years old Written bypicardisbetter April 10, 2015

It's not the best Toy Story movie, but it's a good Pixar movie

This movie expands on the Toy Story franchise, introducing us to characters like Jessie, Bullseye and Stinky Pete the Prospector. Who play a major role in the events that follow
Parent of a 2 year old Written byEmily27 January 2, 2011
Parent Written byprotectourkidsnow May 6, 2014

Reference to suicide in a children's movie!!! What is wrong with this world.

When I heard "it's not a suicide mission" in this movie I was mortified. That is absolutely inappropriate for a children's movie. And we wonder 11 year olds are taking their lives.
Parent Written byFrankinf March 25, 2012

Great

This is a good movie but is a little scary for the younger ones