All member reviews for Trading Places

Edgy, bawdy '80s comedy not meant for kids.

Kid, 10 years old September 15, 2009

Good movie, bad role models.

I love this movie! Funny, exhilirating, and downright exciting. But, it does have overdosing female nuditiy, drinking, drugs, and the common use of the word "n-er".
Kid, 10 years old September 5, 2010

don't listen to csm or the R rating

this is a great movie but still i think the R is a bit harsh. frequent nudity often when someone is taking off their shirt. the f-word is said moderately s-word said a few times one rasist word some milder language. mild violence like pointing guns at people. a man in prision is pushed up agenst a wall some refrences to a man being cut with finger nails (thought it never happend). drug refrences are highish lots of drugs are seen on screen a man smokes a drug but is intteruped. a man has a heart attack. a good movie again i would have rated it PG-13. 12+
Adult Written byJocelyn707 March 5, 2012

Great but "inapropro"

Real great movie and storyline NOT for young kids. People may say its "inapropro".the business men totally mess these guys lifes up for a ONE DOLLAR bet. but the men team up and show them they cant control their lives
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 March 3, 2012

Slow to start with funny second half

Some nudity and sexual humor including language, but could easily be viewed by mature teens
Teen, 14 years old Written byChicken100 December 5, 2012

Just to explicit for kids

I watched this movie with my cousins. After awhile the language and nudity was so bad I decided to shut it off. They showed a naked woman clearly! It is a pretty funny movie but to explicit for kids
Kid, 12 years old November 18, 2012

Trading Places

It is okay for children if they are able to handle mild language. Sexual conduct is not a huge occurence and can be edited if needed.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBroccoliLover84 August 1, 2013

Okay for young teens, Language was biggest issue.

Not too bad, My sisters and I watched it together, and this is one of the VERY few R-rated movies we've watched. My parents let me watch basically whatever I want, so I can have a good judgement for what my sisters watch. They are 12 and 10, but this movie was okay for them. A few F-words (5 or 6) in one scene, but I used a movie editing software to bleep them out. Plenty of D-mn, A--, B-tch, h-ll, and a scene where a girl is wearing a see-through shirt. I had already seen it, so I knew when to cover their eyes.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySalsander June 28, 2013

Great Comedy! (Contains Spoilers)

Trading Places is one of my favorite comedies of all time. There are a couple of scenes of topless women, but one scene can be entirely skipped without making a hole in the plot (this is when there is a party at Valentine's house). Another scene near the beginning with topless nudity can't be skipped because of plot importance but is very brief. One character is a prostitute and the movie shows no downsides to her job. Additionally there is a bit of language, some racial slurs are thrown in here and there along with the s and f word. It's not the worst I've seen in a movie but it can be explicit. There also is a fair share of drugs. A person plants a bag of crystal meth into a Winthorpe's (a main character) coat pocket to frame him as a drug dealer. Winthorpe also drinks out of depression and attempts suicide with pills. Lastly, the characters may have bad role models, but there is ultimately a good message in the end. Some of the stock marketers are greedy and will do anything, including cheating, to be the top in the market. Additionally, the two owners are both racist and play around with their employees for their own amusement. They frame a man for drug possession so he will live in poverty and replace him with a poor man just to see if he is able for the job (and for their amusement). To make the situation a little more cruel, one of the owners makes a $1 bet with the other that the impoverished man (Valentine) will fail. However, the two owners eventually learn their lesson in the end when their plan to cheat in the stock market is foiled by Valentine and Winthorpe, giving a somewhat positive message in return. All in all Trading Places isn't as bad as it may seem. Keep in mind that the TV edited version comes on every now and then that takes out all the nudity and coarse language. But even with it all in, I would still allow someone 12 and up to watch it. 10 and up for the TV edited version.
Kid, 12 years old November 24, 2014

AMAZING MOVIE

This has got to one of my favorite movies ever. Yes nudity, yes very salty language. But it's a great movie and helps to understand stock trading. Also Eddie Murphy was VERY good in it. A great comedy. I saw it but I am very mature for my age so my father was okay with it. Funniest and one of the BEST movies ever.
Written byAnonymous April 10, 2014

Funny Movie

This movie is hilarious. There is a few nude girls and a lot of uses of F***. Overall, this is a good movie