All member reviews for Traffic

Tons of drug use, violence, and depressing stories.

Teen, 16 years old Written bytwigster April 9, 2008

Very Difficult to Watch...

but certainly worth seeing. The stories, sometimes heartbreaking, other times gruesome, each have a lesson, but it takes some thought to find the good (if any...). This movie made me cry terribly because it portrayed (the very frightening) destruction of a family. In the end, director Steven Soderbergh manages to tie up loose ends and show the dramatic effect the drug trade has on society.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 16, 2012

traffic

Families can talk about drugs, both their own views on individual drug use and the impact that the drug business has on the community and the country. As teenagers what they think about the way the judge and his wife responded to his daughter's drug use, and about his decision at the end of the movie. Was it the right one? Why did the drug dealer's wife decide to become involved in his business? Did the movie make you feel differently about the role that illegal drugs play in the lives of people around us? When the judge asks the staff for new ideas, the response is silence. What should the next person to hold the anti-drug czar job do?
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 August 26, 2014

Drugs abound in gritty film

Benicio del Toro, Michael Douglas, Don Cheadle and Luis Guzman, and Catherine Zeta-Jones all front stories starring the impact that drugs have on society. All featured fascinating stories, if not through complexities of script and intricate drug detail, but still interesting. I watched this movie after finishing up the season 2 finale of "Breaking Bad", so I'm probably going to cool it on the drug movies for a while! This is certainly an adult film, but certain parts should be shown for the D.A.R.E. program!
Teen, 14 years old Written bylantio August 23, 2014

Incredible movie!

I am 14 and I thought this movie was amazing! This film centres around drugs and there is lots of drug use in the movie, however it is portrayed in a negative way and is not glamourized. I highly recommend this movie! Some scenes are hard to watch but overall it is a great movie!