All member reviews for Transcendence

Teen, 16 years old Written byBobTom July 25, 2014

Actually better than I thought it would be.

I went in to this movie with extremely low expectations. It has a 19% on Rotten Tomatoes, if that means anything. So, I actually enjoyed the first half of the movie quite a bit. The acting was decent, and it set up the premise pretty well. Now, about the premise. It's a very cool idea. I love sci-fi, and the plot definitely intrigued me. The idea was great, but the execution was poor. Poor, but not as terrible as everyone makes it sound. You can still enjoy this movie quite a bit, but know going in to the movie that there are definitely problems, especially logic issues and gaping plot holes. Now, about the content. It wasn't too bad. But I'm 16, and some parts could be a little too violent for younger kids. I mean, some parts, especially towards the end, had some blood for sure. Swearing was very minimal, with only a couple s**t's. Sex was limited to kissing and one brief shot of them kissing in bed. So overall, not too bad for tweens/younger teens. The movie definitely has plenty of issues and it really doesn't make any sense, but I still kind of enjoyed watching it. Kind of. Worth a rental. 12+
Teen, 13 years old Written byKristaM May 6, 2014

Dissapointing

Went to see this with a couple of friends, and I wasn't expecting a lot, but my gosh, would it be too much to ask for a quality movie? The premise was pretty good, but it was executed poorly. Even Scarlett Johansson couldn't save this movie. A little bit of violence, nothing you really have to worry about. Kissing scenes, and no language that I can recall. I have no issue with slower moving movies, but thats only if they're interesting. It's like a good, slower movie is curry, and Transcendence is heavy cream. There's really nothing else I can say about this movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byStevie111 April 23, 2014

Transcendence

This movie dragged, had little action, and just wasn't that great. The acting was okay and the special effects were decent, but it was very disappointing.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJuniorJester April 19, 2014

Not much action but fun

The most of this movie is just talking and talking. Special Effect is good and action scene is not so bad....but it's fun. this movie tell us to not be consumed by a technology.
Teen, 15 years old Written byesoccer7 April 19, 2014

Really disappointing

I really was hoping that this was going to be good. Was really boring for the first half, the actions scenes weren't bad, but I'd already seen all of them in the trailer. Basically no language (maybe one very quite s word) and no sexual content. A bit of blood that really isnt that bad. Might be really uninteresting for younger kids
Teen, 17 years old Written bySaintlyFigure007 April 24, 2014

Fine

a baby could watch this
Teen, 15 years old Written byMavrah333 May 9, 2015

Bland, un-thrilling, boring movie is unoriginal.

Many of the 'new' ideas of the story are ripped out of the Matrix trilogy. The cast contains some of my favourite actors (Johnny Depp, Morgan Freeman, Cillian Murphy) but they're for comedies, action-thrillers or both, not this philosophical, boring romance. The blood is overused, and the only good things include effects, soundtrack, and the two minutes of which made it feel like a Michael Bay movie. Seriously, a Michael Bay movie has more emotions than this. Final Score: 2/10: Very Bad.
Kid, 11 years old February 17, 2015

Transcedence

Transcedence wastes a smart, potential idea on a dull, draggy and overlengthed film with almost nothing to offer in it's layered bordom. Skip it and you'll be glad. Recommended for kids 12 and up for: Violence/Action and Language.
Kid, 10 years old December 27, 2014

Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew September 14, 2014

Regretful forgettable depp movie is dumb and disappointing

My rating:PG-13 for bloody violence and action,language,sexual references and disturbing images